Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs David Ferrer, Saturday, Time: 2pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  I'm starting to dislike Federer 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 ... 56 Go Down Reply
Author

I'm starting to dislike Federer

(Read 25228 times)
Grabcopy
Veteran

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: I'm starting to dislike Federer « Reply #420 on: July 23, 2012, 10:04 PM »

The name of this thread should be updated. Surely Sir Panda can't still be in the process of disliking Federer? It's been two and a half years.

Truly disliking Federer in an international, professional, spiritual and epic way can take years to evolve and achieve. It's a sort of zen.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: I'm starting to dislike Federer « Reply #421 on: July 24, 2012, 12:29 AM »

The name of this thread should be updated. Surely Sir Panda can't still be in the process of disliking Federer? It's been two and a half years.
I don't think Mark likes changing the name of existing threads ...
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: I'm starting to dislike Federer « Reply #422 on: July 24, 2012, 02:54 AM »

LOL. What a ludicrous thread. Federer's on court behaviour is well nigh impeccable. And off-court he is gracious and articulate. A great ambassador for the sport.

Compare with Nadal. Off court a lovely bloke but on the court he's Mr Intimidation. Mean and moody.  He also deliberately barged into Rosol at change of ends in Wimbledon. Unpleasant behaviour with no other motive than to break the guy's concentration.

Djokovic. Again off court a nice guy but his celebrations are way over the top. You'd just like to smack him one at times.

Andy? Nice guy off court but can be horrible to watch on court at times. Snarls and grasps body parts when he loses a point. Getting better but has a lot of growing up to do yet.

Federer is a tennis god and should be recognised as such.  
Eyebrow raise.

Federer, who has on two occasions shouted at the crowd to, "shut up"?

He's just as "moody" Nadal on-court, and has been known to smash up a racquet. The worst thing Murray is done is shout at himself or swear (which they all do). No way can anyone say Murray's on-court demeanour is worse than Federer's. In-fact, Federer is the worst of the lot in terms of attitude and "moodiness", as you seem to believe Nadal's attitude is.

As for Djokovic, I don't find his celebrations "over the top". Then again, I'm not supporting the guy on the other end of a large chunk of those wins now am I? It must really rub you the wrong way seeing him outclass your man on so many occasions.

Your Federer love is cringeworthy and embarrassing. Just do one, freak.
[ Last edit by TheMadHatter July 24, 2012, 02:58 AM ] IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: I'm starting to dislike Federer « Reply #423 on: July 24, 2012, 05:37 PM »

Truly disliking Federer in an international, professional, spiritual and epic way can take years to evolve and achieve. It's a sort of zen.

I like.

I don't think Mark likes changing the name of existing threads ...

But it's not for Mark to decide. It's Sir Panda's feelings after all. lol
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: I'm starting to dislike Federer « Reply #424 on: July 24, 2012, 05:44 PM »

Eyebrow raise.

Federer, who has on two occasions shouted at the crowd to, "shut up"?

He's just as "moody" Nadal on-court, and has been known to smash up a racquet. The worst thing Murray is done is shout at himself or swear (which they all do). No way can anyone say Murray's on-court demeanour is worse than Federer's. In-fact, Federer is the worst of the lot in terms of attitude and "moodiness", as you seem to believe Nadal's attitude is.

As for Djokovic, I don't find his celebrations "over the top". Then again, I'm not supporting the guy on the other end of a large chunk of those wins now am I? It must really rub you the wrong way seeing him outclass your man on so many occasions.

Your Federer love is cringeworthy and embarrassing. Just do one, freak.

Fortunately for BigNose, he didn't get to see Federer's first five years on tour where he used to curse and smash racquets from time to time. Now that he’s achieved quite a bit he can afford to stay together and pick on others but hey, not all of us started watching tennis just yesterday.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: I'm starting to dislike Federer « Reply #425 on: July 25, 2012, 01:43 AM »

But it's not for Mark to decide. It's Sir Panda's feelings after all. lol
Mark did say once that changes made to thread titles, or to the nature of their content, shouldn't be done without the permission of the person who started the thread as a matter of courtesy.  Probably Sir Panda doesn't give a damn anyway!
[ Last edit by Aileen July 25, 2012, 05:42 PM ] IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: I'm starting to dislike Federer « Reply #426 on: July 25, 2012, 05:39 PM »

I'm with you on this Nigel! I don't think I'll ever get tired of disliking Federer, and if I do, he'll probably open his big gob and I can start all over again!
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: I'm starting to dislike Federer « Reply #427 on: July 25, 2012, 05:45 PM »

^ Well if Fed is to be believed, he's planning on being around for a while yet, so the evolution will continue. lol
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: I'm starting to dislike Federer « Reply #428 on: July 25, 2012, 06:24 PM »

Kill me. Kill me now.
IP Logged
Flossie

Re: I'm starting to dislike Federer « Reply #429 on: August 03, 2012, 04:34 PM »

Please please let del Potro beat Smugfed the arrogant in the Olympic semi-final. I too noticed the handshake stunt with Murray and expect he will do the same with del boy.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: I'm starting to dislike Federer « Reply #430 on: August 03, 2012, 05:04 PM »

Smugfed has beaten Del Potro. pullhair

The longest match in Olympic tennis history apparently.

You do know we'll never hear the end of this one, don't you? It'll be vomit-inducing rubbish about how Saint Fed walks on water, all that sort of stuff. The sooner that man retires the happier I will be.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: I'm starting to dislike Federer « Reply #431 on: August 03, 2012, 05:07 PM »

It's the longest match in Olympic history because he wasn't able to serve it out the first time when it was just over 3 hours Whistle
IP Logged
Marion

Re: I'm starting to dislike Federer « Reply #432 on: August 03, 2012, 09:31 PM »

He can be as ungracious as he likes on Sunday because I have a gut feeling he is going to be seeking a great big toblerone to console himself.
Cummon Andy . We will continue to be proud of you whatever the result. Tonight you were magic.  yay
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: I'm starting to dislike Federer « Reply #433 on: August 03, 2012, 09:34 PM »

He can be as ungracious as he likes on Sunday because I have a gut feeling he is going to be seeking a great big toblerone to console himself.
Cummon Andy . We will continue to be proud of you whatever the result. Tonight you were magic.  yay
lol
IP Logged
Murray Magic
ATP Level

Andy "Braveheart" Murray

Re: I'm starting to dislike Federer « Reply #434 on: August 03, 2012, 09:40 PM »

What goes around comes around and what time is it - it is most definitely Mr Murray time, hope come Sunday the only tears being shed are Andy's tears of joy!!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 ... 56 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »