Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  I'm starting to dislike Federer 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 ... 56 Go Down Reply
Author

I'm starting to dislike Federer

(Read 26677 times)
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: I'm starting to dislike Federer « Reply #720 on: July 23, 2013, 09:57 PM »

^^ Yes Aileen, it was the AO final of 2009 that i really changed my opinion of him, i mean i can understand getting upset about losing a slam final like Andy did at the AO in 2010 or Wimbledon last year, but not when you have double digits in slam wins already for crying out loud, it was quite pathetic and especially when he had already won the AO numerous times already, and i think this was Rafa's first and only? Like you said it took all the spotlight away from Rafa.

The worst thing though for me was when he said afterwards he cried because he knew that the whole crowd wanted him to win and that he was upset for them as they travelled to see him win but he wasn't able to do it for them????? what a jerk.

And on top of that we had his press conference the next year where he said he found watching Andy cry was hard to watch.....
... And, although I felt gutted at the time, I thought later that Andy saying that he could cry like Roger but wished he could play like him was an unintentional but amusing double-edge comment!
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: I'm starting to dislike Federer « Reply #721 on: July 24, 2013, 01:03 PM »

I'd heard about the AO final in 2009, of course, and Federer's carrying on, but don't recall seeing it. Rafa looks fit to murder him! Aileen, I agree that Andy's comment was double-edged. That's my boy!

I think it's totally different to Andy, either at the AO in 2010 (I did see that one) or Wimbledon last year. Fed had already won multiple slams, Andy was looking for his first one. At Wimbledon Andy lost in front of a home crowd. Fed will never have to face that at a slam.

I was a bit annoyed with his comment in the documentary about Andy, where he talked about the Wimbledon final. I know I'm probably being over sensitive, but the way he talked about how tough the final was for all involved, Andy, the crowd, him, really got on my nerves. He also couldn't seem to wait to state the obvious by saying it was Andy's first Wimbledon final, whereas he'd played the final 'so many times' before. Prat!
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: I'm starting to dislike Federer « Reply #722 on: July 24, 2013, 01:48 PM »

......and to think I'd felt a bit sorry for Fed lately, but now I've seen that awful 'put on' video and read his comments, I'm back to despising him again! Despising him's much more fun anyway.....heh heh!
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: I'm starting to dislike Federer « Reply #723 on: July 24, 2013, 03:00 PM »

I used to think the arrogant things that came out of Fed's mouth were because he wasn't sure of the English language.  But the more I listened to him the more I began to see that everything was about him.  Yes he played great tennis, but he really for many years had no real competition.  Then, Rafa, Nole and Andy began to give him a hard time.  And now he is just another player.
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: I'm starting to dislike Federer « Reply #724 on: July 24, 2013, 07:52 PM »

George Alexander Lewis.....gads poor baby, what do you think they will call him for short, and I thought Spencer was going to be part of the babies name.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: I'm starting to dislike Federer « Reply #725 on: July 24, 2013, 09:58 PM »

George Alexander Lewis.....gads poor baby, what do you think they will call him for short, and I thought Spencer was going to be part of the babies name.
It's actually Louis, Apollo, although I think Americans do tend to pronounce it Lewis, as opposed to the European Lewee since the name is French in origin.  I don't mind the names although I'm not struck on George as his first name since it sounds rather old-fashioned and stuffy (apologies to any Georges on MW!) and it can't be shortened - the two alternatives being Georgie, which sounds like a girl, or the more acceptable Scottish version, Geordie.

For anyone interested in the source(s) of the baby's names -

http://www.itv.com/news/2013-07-24/george-alexander-louis-where-the-prince-got-his-names/
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: I'm starting to dislike Federer « Reply #726 on: July 25, 2013, 07:33 AM »

Innocently opening a topic on Fed and more royal stuff  Rolling Eyes
  thread hijacked
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: I'm starting to dislike Federer « Reply #727 on: July 25, 2013, 08:12 AM »

^ Yup! Never mind sweetie.......If you came on to do a bit of 'Fed bashing', then bash away......I'm all ears!  w00t
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: I'm starting to dislike Federer « Reply #728 on: July 25, 2013, 04:48 PM »

Fed getting pummelled in his own back yard. It's the tragic twilight.
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: I'm starting to dislike Federer « Reply #729 on: July 25, 2013, 05:21 PM »

Fed getting pummelled in his own back yard. It's the tragic twilight.
  I can't help feeling some pity. The guy doesn't know how to withdraw gracefully. His aura is totally gone.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: I'm starting to dislike Federer « Reply #730 on: July 25, 2013, 05:23 PM »

Well at least he's got two cows now Whistle
New wonder racquet hasn't worked.....
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: I'm starting to dislike Federer « Reply #731 on: July 25, 2013, 05:24 PM »

This thread should be renamed "I should be starting to feel sorry for Federer..... but i'm not"
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: I'm starting to dislike Federer « Reply #732 on: July 25, 2013, 05:25 PM »

^ Lol was just thinking that too.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: I'm starting to dislike Federer « Reply #733 on: July 25, 2013, 05:26 PM »

This thread should be renamed "I should be starting to feel sorry for Federer..... but i'm not"

lmao

Most fitting name tbh
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: I'm starting to dislike Federer « Reply #734 on: July 25, 2013, 05:41 PM »

I see Federer keeled over, can't say I'm not happy. The decline is looking very good.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 ... 56 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »