Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Jurgen Melzer, Wednesday, Estimated time - 12:45pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  I'm starting to dislike Federer 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 ... 56 Go Down Reply
Author

I'm starting to dislike Federer

(Read 24910 times)
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: I'm starting to dislike Federer « Reply #750 on: July 31, 2013, 06:37 AM »

Why is Fraudy playing these lesser tournaments all of a sudden? Is he desperate to keep his ranking up now that he knows on Slam performances for it - or is it a farewell tour to all his old favourite tournaments? Think

Thinks he might get some wins, or even a trophy....  lmao
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: I'm starting to dislike Federer « Reply #751 on: July 31, 2013, 09:08 AM »

Aww i think a certain Swiss tennis player is in denial

http://www.espn.co.uk/tennis/sport/story/226185.html#

Is anyone buying this?

"There comes a time when the ranking is not so important. Quite honestly, I don't even know exactly what my current ranking. 4th? 5th? 3rd? It doesn't matter to me so much."

Just when i thought my opinion of him couldn't get any lower, he now wants the world to believe that he is unaware of his current ranking, what an odious man he is, he sounds like a petulant child right now refusing to admit it's over, heck all tennis players should just let him win a slam, maybe then he will think he has gone out at the top like his buddy Sampras.
  Rolling Eyes  Smacks of desperation to me......He's dead, but he won't lie down! lmao Thanks Gnome!
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: I'm starting to dislike Federer « Reply #752 on: July 31, 2013, 09:10 AM »

Thanks for the article and the laugh, Gnome. Very Happy

I couldn't resist making quite a lengthy comment below it though!     
Awww.....I couldn't see any way of reading the comments Aileen!
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: I'm starting to dislike Federer « Reply #753 on: July 31, 2013, 10:45 AM »

"There comes a time when the ranking is not so important. Quite honestly, I don't even know exactly what my current ranking. 4th? 5th? 3rd? It doesn't matter to me so much."

Wow, just when you think he can't stoop any lower, he actually does! Can't remember his ranking, ha!

I hope he dries his feet properly after all that paddling in that river in Egypt!
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: I'm starting to dislike Federer « Reply #754 on: July 31, 2013, 11:42 AM »

He's finished and he knows it. Why not retire with the grace of a former champion. That would be the thing to do and keep his dignity. This would allow him to retire with a semblance of being the champion he was. If he goes on he will look like fool who does't know he is past it. 
IP Logged
benniebone
Challenger Level

Re: I'm starting to dislike Federer « Reply #755 on: July 31, 2013, 12:59 PM »

Fame and success are like drugs;once you've had them you can't do without them. When one is on the way up one should always treat people the way you'd like to be treated on the way down
 Federer thinks one more tournament will put things right for him and right now I wouldnt bet that it won't
 When tournament organisers stop sending him offers to take part he'll realise its all over and retire .
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: I'm starting to dislike Federer « Reply #756 on: July 31, 2013, 01:38 PM »

We could be in for a long wait then Whistle
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: I'm starting to dislike Federer « Reply #757 on: July 31, 2013, 02:51 PM »

Awww.....I couldn't see any way of reading the comments Aileen!
You need to sign into Facebook, Caz.  Anyway here it is -

"So Federer doesn't know what his current ranking is, and he doesn't care either? For any player to say that just has to be totally amazing! He should stop adopting the ostrich position, face up to reality, and retire gracefully at the end of the season. His glory days are over and his body is packing in, something which is only going to hinder and frustrate him all the more, especially as tennis is more physical now than it was even a few years ago. Forget the new, bigger-headed and more powerful racquet, that isn't going to bring back his youthfulness and the superb tennis skills he once had, but which nowadays are showing signs of decline.

The harsh truth is that he's going to go on losing to lower-ranked players because the GOAT aura has gone, leaving him very vulnerable. He's no longer a player to be feared, and these guys will now go on court against him full of belief that they can beat him.

If Federer really does want to continue playing at a competitive level, then he should join the less stressful Champions Tour and might even find that he enjoys his tennis all the more." 
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: I'm starting to dislike Federer « Reply #758 on: July 31, 2013, 02:56 PM »

Sadly for us, tournaments will always pay for the media fawner to show up.

Swiss divaerer ****.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: I'm starting to dislike Federer « Reply #759 on: July 31, 2013, 03:04 PM »

You need to sign into Facebook, Caz.  Anyway here it is -

"So Federer doesn't know what his current ranking is, and he doesn't care either? For any player to say that just has to be totally amazing! He should stop adopting the ostrich position, face up to reality, and retire gracefully at the end of the season. His glory days are over and his body is packing in, something which is only going to hinder and frustrate him all the more, especially as tennis is more physical now than it was even a few years ago. Forget the new, bigger-headed and more powerful racquet, that isn't going to bring back his youthfulness and the superb tennis skills he once had, but which nowadays are showing signs of decline.

The harsh truth is that he's going to go on losing to lower-ranked players because the GOAT aura has gone, leaving him very vulnerable. He's no longer a player to be feared, and these guys will now go on court against him full of belief that they can beat him.

If Federer really does want to continue playing at a competitive level, then he should join the less stressful Champions Tour and might even find that he enjoys his tennis all the more." 
That's great Aileen.....you've hit the nail right on the head! I wonder what responses that'll draw! Mixed probably if you count his 'ostrichlike' fans!  w00t
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: I'm starting to dislike Federer « Reply #760 on: July 31, 2013, 05:30 PM »

That's great Aileen.....you've hit the nail right on the head! I wonder what responses that'll draw! Mixed probably if you count his 'ostrichlike' fans!  w00t
It might not draw any, but the Bleacher Report notifies you if you get a response.   The last time I made a similar, but very fair, comment after another BR article I got two responses, one from somebody who agreed with me, and another who didn't, saying that people like me drove him nuts! Rolling Eyes
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: I'm starting to dislike Federer « Reply #761 on: July 31, 2013, 05:44 PM »

Awww......Probably just some EeJit more than likely!  Whistle
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: I'm starting to dislike Federer « Reply #762 on: July 31, 2013, 06:53 PM »

@ Caz
Now who can you mean Think
 lmao
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: I'm starting to dislike Federer « Reply #763 on: July 31, 2013, 07:06 PM »

@ Caz
Now who can you mean Think
 lmao
No it wasn't that Eejit, BBH, unless posting under another (male) name!
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: I'm starting to dislike Federer « Reply #764 on: July 31, 2013, 07:17 PM »

No it wasn't that Eejit, BBH, unless posting under another (male) name!

Wink
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 ... 56 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »