Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  I'm starting to dislike Federer 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: I'm starting to dislike Federer  (Read 21689 times)
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: I'm starting to dislike Federer « Reply #780 on: August 01, 2013, 05:03 PM »

what a hoot bbh.  Hope I don't meet him up some mountain  shocking
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: I'm starting to dislike Federer « Reply #781 on: August 01, 2013, 06:06 PM »

Thanx Gnomey  thumb up
Apart from the Goat at the end, love it that he falls off the peak lmao
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: I'm starting to dislike Federer « Reply #782 on: August 01, 2013, 06:24 PM »

lmao  Brilliant.  Thanks Gnome!

Thanx Gnomey  thumb up
Apart from the Goat at the end, love it that he falls off the peak lmao
I mentally put a couple of massive tennis balls in place of the boulders, with Andy firing them at him. Very Happy

According to the Gstaad tournie organsers when they heard Fed had asked for a wild card they installed an extra 800 seats and hastily changed their programme cover ... lol
[ Last edit by Aileen August 01, 2013, 07:29 PM ] IP Logged
benniebone
Challenger Level

Re: I'm starting to dislike Federer « Reply #783 on: August 02, 2013, 08:57 AM »

Great video Gnome  Yes what goes up must come down.It is how we do it that matters
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: I'm starting to dislike Federer « Reply #784 on: August 02, 2013, 10:35 AM »

Great video Gnome  Yes what goes up must come down.It is how we do it that matters
Ain't that the truth!  Whistle
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: I'm starting to dislike Federer « Reply #785 on: August 03, 2013, 12:52 PM »

finally a tennis correspondent speculating as to whether it's time for smugfed to hang up his racquet
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/tennis/shouldnt-roger-federer-just-bow-out-gracefully-8744505.html
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: I'm starting to dislike Federer « Reply #786 on: August 03, 2013, 03:12 PM »

finally a tennis correspondent speculating as to whether it's time for smugfed to hang up his racquet
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/tennis/shouldnt-roger-federer-just-bow-out-gracefully-8744505.html

I bet Smugfed's followers will love that Smile.

Seriously though, it's about time. I'm waiting for a time when someone dares to bring up the issue in commentary. The delightful Peter Fleming could do that, it would be fun Smile.

The funny thing is that I've been saying to people that I doubt he'll qualify for the WTF next year. It's almost gone over my head that if things don't improve he could miss out this year. The word karma did not cross my lips Whistle.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: I'm starting to dislike Federer « Reply #787 on: August 03, 2013, 07:14 PM »

Hopefully Paul Newman's article will pave the way for other tennis correspondents to come out and say what they really feel about Federer now, although no doubt the Fed loving ones will continue to defend him to the bitter end.

Sampras, Becker & co were all playing in an era when the game was less physical than it is now, so if Fed's back problems are starting to seriously trouble him, then that alone should be a good reason for retiring.  After all, Lendl did so.  As for the new racquet - well, bad workmen always blame their tools!  If he does play Cinci it'll be interesting to see if he continues using it.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: I'm starting to dislike Federer « Reply #788 on: August 03, 2013, 07:20 PM »

I guess his back could give him a (valid) excuse for stopping, having said he'd carry on playing for years and go for gold again.  That way he wouldn't have to admit he's on the slide.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: I'm starting to dislike Federer « Reply #789 on: August 03, 2013, 07:24 PM »

It seems the most sensible option to me.  I certainly can't see Fed winning another Slam, given that it took him two and a half years to win his last one.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: I'm starting to dislike Federer « Reply #790 on: August 04, 2013, 07:30 AM »

He just loves all the attention though, you can just see him preening  yuk
Whereas Andy always looks faintly embarrassed and you just know he could well do without it.  wub
Which will make it a lot easier for Andy to quit.
Nooooooo, awful thought   
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: I'm starting to dislike Federer « Reply #791 on: August 04, 2013, 10:50 AM »

Towards the end of Wimbledon McEnroe said he can't see Federer winning more slams. I'm inclined to agree. I can't see Andy or Novak going anywhere for a start, and there are players coming up as well, who could threaten, Delpo, maybe Berdych, possibly Tsonga too. As things stand I can see Federer struggling to get beyond the quarters in the slams from now on.

It's not just the slams though, which is what makes me think he really is in decline. He's won just the one title all year and even then his form has been all over the place. I think the difference between now and what happened between 2010 and 2012 is that though he only won two slams between those two years, both beating Andy, he was, if I'm not mistaken, winning other tournaments. This year he just isn't.

Part of me thinks Federer should have stopped when he won Wimbledon last year. Another part thinks it was good that he stayed, because of Andy beating him at the Olympics. However, no one will persuade me that he won't be worried about his form this year. He must also realise that winning won't get any easier.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: I'm starting to dislike Federer « Reply #792 on: August 04, 2013, 05:02 PM »

He just loves all the attention though, you can just see him preening  yuk
Whereas Andy always looks faintly embarrassed and you just know he could well do without it.  wub
Which will make it a lot easier for Andy to quit.
Nooooooo, awful thought   
easier for Andy but not for us his loyal followers on the Murray roller coaster -  pray that it's not for some years down the line.  Look after that back son.
IP Logged
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: I'm starting to dislike Federer « Reply #793 on: August 04, 2013, 05:02 PM »

Well said, TJ.   My feelings exactly.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: I'm starting to dislike Federer « Reply #794 on: August 04, 2013, 08:32 PM »

easier for Andy but not for us his loyal followers on the Murray roller coaster -  pray that it's not for some years down the line.  Look after that back son.
I agree Ruthie - it's his back that still concerns me, especially when the clay-court season comes around.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »