Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?

MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  I'm starting to dislike Federer 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 56 Go Down Reply
Author

I'm starting to dislike Federer

(Read 25381 times)
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

I'm starting to dislike Federer « on: January 09, 2009, 06:07 PM »

Ungracious in defeat, an arrogant twat in victory.

A remarkable player, IMO the greatest of all time, but my god, I feel more and more compelled to detest him as time goes on.
[ Last edit by Sir Panda January 09, 2009, 06:32 PM ] IP Logged
Josh
Seed

Re: I'm starting to dislike Federer « Reply #1 on: January 09, 2009, 06:13 PM »

Why did you ever like him in the first place?  He's always been that arrogant.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: I'm starting to dislike Federer « Reply #2 on: January 09, 2009, 06:14 PM »

An ungracious loser in defeat, an arrogant twat in victory.

A remarkable player, IMO the greatest of all time, but my god, I feel more and more compelled to detest him as time goes on.

I agree Andrew.  I used to like Federer a lot.... still like his game, but he is so ungracious that I now cannot stand him.  no  He needs to have a little more humility and if he can't hack it then retire and bugger off!  
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: I'm starting to dislike Federer « Reply #3 on: January 09, 2009, 06:15 PM »

Why did you ever like him in the first place?  He's always been that arrogant.

He seemed like a classy guy, but I think his true personality has been revealed and the gracious winner facade has slipped because of his poor form over the last 18 months.

The handshake without even looking at Murray says it all, sore loser.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: I'm starting to dislike Federer « Reply #4 on: January 09, 2009, 06:18 PM »

He seemed like a classy guy, but I think his true personality has been revealed and the gracious winner facade has slipped because of his poor form over the last 18 months.

The handshake without even looking at Murray says it all, sore loser.

I noticed this a while ago - OK so no sportsman likes to lose, fine..... but he lacks any sense of respect for his opponent..... twat!
IP Logged
Josh
Seed

Re: I'm starting to dislike Federer « Reply #5 on: January 09, 2009, 06:19 PM »

He's always been the same.  So many arrogant comments after easy first round victories in Slams - 'He did well to win 3 games in the first set', 'I'm pleased the crowd came to watch me today'.  He thinks he's the star of every tournament, at least now when he's not winning them he knows he isn't.  That falling to the ground 'celebration' after every GS win really pisses me off too.
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: I'm starting to dislike Federer « Reply #6 on: January 09, 2009, 06:20 PM »

I think most people fall to the ground though mate, Nadal, Djokovic are recent examples.

I remember Safin winning the AO, just walked to the net. lmao
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: I'm starting to dislike Federer « Reply #7 on: January 09, 2009, 06:23 PM »

I think his true personality has been revealed and the gracious winner facade has slipped because of his poor form over the last 18 months.

This is exactly what I think yes
IP Logged
Josh
Seed

Re: I'm starting to dislike Federer « Reply #8 on: January 09, 2009, 06:24 PM »

Well obviously Wimbledon for Nadal was special, first one and he came so close the year before.  There was no over the top celebration for the FO though.  However Fed in the US this year Not talking  It was hardly a 5 set epic, there was no need to collapse.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: I'm starting to dislike Federer « Reply #9 on: January 09, 2009, 06:25 PM »

No problem with Federer falling to the floor, that to me suggests he is grateful.
IP Logged
Johnny Handsome
Futures Level

Re: I'm starting to dislike Federer « Reply #10 on: January 09, 2009, 07:50 PM »

he used to pull that handshake stunt when he lost to henman, maybe he just dislikes brits!  - has federer come out with some fresh post match attack on murray or something???
IP Logged
Sarah_
Top Seed

Re: I'm starting to dislike Federer « Reply #11 on: January 09, 2009, 08:14 PM »

Always hated him. His attitude stinks. Even when he was being 'gracious in victory' I always thought he looked smug.
IP Logged
netcord
Top Seed

Miles who?

Re: I'm starting to dislike Federer « Reply #12 on: January 09, 2009, 08:31 PM »

The fact is he built his reputation after Sampras finished in a so-called 'weak era'. He is simply being found out, caught and overtaken by the next generation of stars. If Fed fails to win a slam this year, it's all over. Let the golden-era commence and let Mirka furnish.  
IP Logged
Sarah_
Top Seed

Re: I'm starting to dislike Federer « Reply #13 on: January 09, 2009, 08:33 PM »

I second that motion. Hurrah.  cheers
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: I'm starting to dislike Federer « Reply #14 on: January 09, 2009, 08:33 PM »

The fact is he built his reputation after Sampras finished in a so-called 'weak era'. He is simply being found out, caught and overtaken by the next generation of stars. If Fed fails to win a slam this year, it's all over. Let the golden-era commence and let Mirka furnish.  

Let Mirka get a life instead of following Fed around the tour!  WTF?  GET A JOB!!!
IP Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 56 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »