Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  I'm starting to dislike Federer 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 56 Go Down Reply
Author

I'm starting to dislike Federer

(Read 22499 times)
netcord
Top Seed

Miles who?

Re: I'm starting to dislike Federer « Reply #30 on: January 11, 2009, 05:50 PM »

And Bhagy!
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

MW 2006 Fantasy WC & Prediction League Champion

Re: I'm starting to dislike Federer « Reply #31 on: January 11, 2009, 09:24 PM »

Didn't forget them, just didn't post them. Indeed there were a couple of players who perhaps weren't in the very top group but it's incredibly unfair to say he wasn't that good because he didn't beat anyone any good. That just isn't true.
IP Logged
netcord
Top Seed

Miles who?

Re: I'm starting to dislike Federer « Reply #32 on: January 11, 2009, 10:04 PM »

Agassi was past it and the rest have proven to be less than world-beaters. Hardly the golden-age we are entering now, which was my original point.

If Fed wins a slam this year then I will take it all back. He's still a fud
IP Logged
Yamor
Top Seed

Re: I'm starting to dislike Federer « Reply #33 on: January 11, 2009, 11:50 PM »

Why would a slam this year be much better then the US Open last year? Nadal's no better, nor Djokovic. Murray is arguably better. That's it.
IP Logged
netcord
Top Seed

Miles who?

Re: I'm starting to dislike Federer « Reply #34 on: January 12, 2009, 12:28 AM »

2008 was arguably the biggest shake-up in open-era tennis.....Nole bags first slam, Fed deposed by Rafa, Rafa wins non-clay slam, and from our POV, Muzza's breakthrough year. End of weak-era IMO. USO scheduling rendered the final a no-contest. So...........
2009, the most hotly anticipated, open and competitive tennis year......EVER!!!

IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: I'm starting to dislike Federer « Reply #35 on: January 16, 2009, 05:19 PM »

Did Murray or Federer make a pact with the devil?

Whether he was motivated by honesty or petulance, none of it needed saying. He could simply have laughed and said: 'Well, the bookies don't get rich without knowing a thing or two. Good luck to Andy - we'll see how he handles the pressure.'

Instead, he reinforced the notion that he dislikes playing Murray, and indeed that he dislikes Murray.

I imagine Murray himself might have smiled thinly on hearing Federer's words. It's almost as if the two of them are starring in a variation of The Picture of Dorian Gray. Whereas each act of debauchery by Gray left him unmarked but corrupted his portrait, so every unworthy remark of Federer's seems only to make Murray bigger and stronger.
IP Logged
Sunniii
Futures Level

Rocket Ronnie- LEGEND

Re: I'm starting to dislike Federer « Reply #36 on: January 16, 2009, 10:50 PM »

2008 was arguably the biggest shake-up in open-era tennis.....Nole bags first slam, Fed deposed by Rafa, Rafa wins non-clay slam, and from our POV, Muzza's breakthrough year. End of weak-era IMO. USO scheduling rendered the final a no-contest. So...........
2009, the most hotly anticipated, open and competitive tennis year......EVER!!!

Hve to disagree with you, I think THIS is Murrays breakthrough year.

The federer thing...

I remember Wimbledon last year when he was talking to Sue Barker. Sue asked him about the Olympics and he said something along the libes of its a great honour to represent Switzerland. That was when i started to go off him a bit. I used to think he was such a nice guy before that. I understand his point about Murray not being favourite (for me Murray is slight favourite) but he was a bit arrogant there.
IP Logged
bestofbarry
Seed

Re: I'm starting to dislike Federer « Reply #37 on: January 17, 2009, 10:11 AM »

"I always feel at the end of the day I'm going to play well at the slams and it will take an incredible performance from someone else to beat me."

IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: I'm starting to dislike Federer « Reply #38 on: January 17, 2009, 10:13 AM »

"I always feel at the end of the day I'm going to play well at the slams and it will take an incredible performance from someone else to beat me."

Man... I'd like to witness him choke on those words.... However, you don't get to the top without a good deal of self belief and a bit of arrogance.
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

MW 2006 Fantasy WC & Prediction League Champion

Re: I'm starting to dislike Federer « Reply #39 on: January 17, 2009, 12:45 PM »

I don't really understand what is supposed to be wrong with a comment like that. It was probably in response to some stupid question and what is he supposed to say?
"I probably won't play very well and I expect any old player to beat me"?
Also what is supposed to be wrong with saying he is honoured to represent his country? confused
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: I'm starting to dislike Federer « Reply #40 on: January 17, 2009, 01:02 PM »

I don't really understand what is supposed to be wrong with a comment like that.
He didn't need to say the last bit of the comment to answer whatever question he was asked. This is what we are seeing with Federer now, he is deliberately giving additional comments in response to a question and those additional comments tend to be arrogant or petulant.

Also what is supposed to be wrong with saying he is honoured to represent his country?
Nothing wrong with that at all.
IP Logged
Sunniii
Futures Level

Rocket Ronnie- LEGEND

Re: I'm starting to dislike Federer « Reply #41 on: January 18, 2009, 01:39 PM »

Also what is supposed to be wrong with saying he is honoured to represent his country? confused

Simply because he gave this great speech to Sue about what a great honour it is to represent Switzerland yet he doesnt play Davis Cup.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: I'm starting to dislike Federer « Reply #42 on: January 18, 2009, 01:55 PM »

Oh right, now I get where you coming from... basically you think he's pretending he cares about his country.
IP Logged
Sunniii
Futures Level

Rocket Ronnie- LEGEND

Re: I'm starting to dislike Federer « Reply #43 on: January 18, 2009, 03:14 PM »

Yes, all he wants is olympic gold for himself, it just happens that he had to represent Switzerland for that.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: I'm starting to dislike Federer « Reply #44 on: May 02, 2009, 04:21 PM »

Federer basically said the only reasons he loses against the likes of Murray and Djokovic is because he isn't playing his best.

And I love that he said it doesn't matter whether Murray is #3 or #4, it only matters whether he is #1 or #2. I hope he's reminded of that when Murray takes his #2 spot.

In-depth interview - Roger Federer
[ Last edit by Mark May 02, 2009, 04:26 PM ] IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 56 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »