Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  I'm starting to dislike Federer 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 56 Go Down Reply
Author

I'm starting to dislike Federer

(Read 22776 times)
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: I'm starting to dislike Federer « Reply #240 on: May 13, 2011, 02:42 PM »

But how do you explain his emaciated left arm?
Surely that must be his normal arm........it's the other one that worries me! Whistle
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Top Seed

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: I'm starting to dislike Federer « Reply #241 on: May 13, 2011, 02:44 PM »

Surely that must be his normal arm........it's the other one that worries me! Whistle

Very good.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: I'm starting to dislike Federer « Reply #242 on: May 14, 2011, 04:24 PM »

What? He was once Mr. Nice Guy? confused
Sorry that was meant to be ironic Caz and a reference to how the comms laud him as a role model, perfect gentleman, good sportsman etc etc.  Perhaps I need an irony smiley?
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: I'm starting to dislike Federer « Reply #243 on: May 14, 2011, 05:24 PM »

I'll see if I can find you one! no Sorry....can't find one.....here, have one of my woots instead! w00t
IP Logged
Murray Magic
ATP Level

Andy "Braveheart" Murray

Re: I'm starting to dislike Federer « Reply #244 on: July 10, 2012, 09:28 PM »

I obviously don't know Roger Federer, but feel his persona comes across as being arrogant and egotistical, sure he probably has grounds to be arrogant given his achievements in the sport, but there are things he says and the way he says them which come across as snidy and condescending.  He does not only make these comments about Andy but also other players on the tour.  Sure he had no choice but on Sunday to react like he did because he was aware of the depth of feeling within centre court for Andy and so was not going to jeopardise alienating the crowd in any way. 

You cannot argue that he is an amazing tennis player and the quality of the final on Sunday was amazing due to the skills of both players, it was a particularly entertaining match to watch as both are immensely talented players who do not stand way behind the baseline slugging the ball back and forth! 

However, I choose to be an ardent Murray fan as I prefer the whole pacakage, the tennis, the work ethic, the down to earth nature of the guy, his humbleness and all round niceness, now the first two I could also credit to Fed but that is where it would end, he does appear arrogant and egotistical but as you rightly point out we do not know him personally, so therefore we can only judge on the actions and words we see in the media, TV coverage etc. That just happens to be my opinion, I will be interested to see Fed's reaction if he were to lose a slam final perhaps the USO and especially if that loss were to Andy??
IP Logged
kris

Re: I'm starting to dislike Federer « Reply #245 on: July 10, 2012, 09:32 PM »

Well, 70% of Federer fans are pure glory hunters so I am sure it has nothing to do with how often he smiles but everything to do with how many Slams he's won so far. It's more like Ali in boxing, Woods in Golf, Jordan in basketball but how many truly know about any of these sports? It's the success they are mostly drawn to and very little to do with personality. If that were the case, then I can name a few people, who should have rocked everyone's world but I don’t think anyone knows them let alone a fan. People just love to bask in someone else’s glory and it’s easy when someone else is doing all the hard work for them. It’s especially easy if someone is already successful rather than support someone who’s struggling. Quite pathetic human nature if you ask me.

Its not pathetic . If this behavior surprises you then you clearly dont understand nature . Forget about humans almost everything in nature rewards success . That survival of the fittest is not just a phrase but an inbuilt admiration we have of those who are good and great at what they do . Roger is also a very skilled player and this makes them excited abd passionate about tennis .

why do you assume that anyone who likes roger is shallow and arrogant ? Is it hard to grasp that someone can admire others talents just like you like murray ? In all fairness roger has hit incredible shots like the tweener which brought a  lot of fans into the sport  and rightfully so !

IP Logged
kris

Re: I'm starting to dislike Federer « Reply #246 on: July 10, 2012, 09:38 PM »

Murray Magic i completely respect your opinion ! you basically expressed your admiration for murray(rightfully so !) without attacking roger unfairly . I do admit he appears "arrogant" but i have this feeling that he is almost childlike arrogant . I can't prove this and i am not sure if i am making sense but i have hard time believing that a guy who "loves " tennis that much would intentionally "hurt" others . I do see your side and appreciate your comments . I love Murray for the same reasons as well ! 
IP Logged
kris

Re: I'm starting to dislike Federer « Reply #247 on: July 10, 2012, 09:42 PM »

I also think there is zero reasons for gloom and doom for the future . As far as i am concerned Andy will win the usopen in 2012 . This loss was a "prerequisite" to the many wins he will have in the future !

Andy is a well of pure talent just waiting to be tapped !
IP Logged
MT
Futures Level

Re: I'm starting to dislike Federer « Reply #248 on: July 10, 2012, 09:52 PM »

Murray Magic i completely respect your opinion ! you basically expressed your admiration for murray(rightfully so !) without attacking roger unfairly . I do admit he appears "arrogant" but i have this feeling that he is almost childlike arrogant . I can't prove this and i am not sure if i am making sense but i have hard time believing that a guy who "loves " tennis that much would intentionally "hurt" others . I do see your side and appreciate your comments . I love Murray for the same reasons as well ! 
I must be a masochist but I just watched the highlights again. This match turned on just a couple of points - Andy was incredibly close and matched him all the way - I don't understand where all this Federer adulation is coming from - couple of shots and Andy would have won. Federer has not said at any point that Andy played well in the final and that he gave him a run for his money - all he ever says is that he, Federer  is brilliant and Andy will win a slam one day. He is UNBELIEVABLY  arrogant. He said "amazing though it may seem I once played on court 25 although even then I was a crowdpleaser " He says that he enjoys incredible support wherever he goes and that he has played fantastic, etc etc drone on and on about how great he is. There is not a humble bone in his body and there are plenty of clips on youtube of him losing the rag and shouting at umpires and ballboys when it doesnt go his way. He was crap in the first set on Sunday, really poor and just got lucky when the rain came on.
IP Logged
kris

Re: I'm starting to dislike Federer « Reply #249 on: July 10, 2012, 10:10 PM »

I must be a masochist but I just watched the highlights again. This match turned on just a couple of points - Andy was incredibly close and matched him all the way - I don't understand where all this Federer adulation is coming from - couple of shots and Andy would have won. Federer has not said at any point that Andy played well in the final and that he gave him a run for his money - all he ever says is that he, Federer  is brilliant and Andy will win a slam one day. He is UNBELIEVABLY  arrogant. He said "amazing though it may seem I once played on court 25 although even then I was a crowdpleaser " He says that he enjoys incredible support wherever he goes and that he has played fantastic, etc etc drone on and on about how great he is. There is not a humble bone in his body and there are plenty of clips on youtube of him losing the rag and shouting at umpires and ballboys when it doesnt go his way. He was crap in the first set on Sunday, really poor and just got lucky when the rain came on.

um he didn't mean it that way ! He later said again andy will several slams not just one . Like i said he seems to say the wrong thing at the wrong time but i don't think he is bad person inside .  Maybe you view him that way because you 'want him that way" so you can downplay his accomplishments .

who hasn't been mean to umpires and ballboys from time to time ? he is  a human being and he is not perfect so stop trying to hold him to perefction and then saying andy is a "saint" etc.  They all have EMOTIONS it happens .  If you hate him just say you hate him but dont try to make him sound like the only bad guy .

jeesh people are so jealous of others .
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: I'm starting to dislike Federer « Reply #250 on: July 10, 2012, 10:15 PM »

lol  Kris.  I have never liked Fed.  Never have.  Never will.   Most people don't like him on this forum and its understandable. Sure he his a great tennis player  but unfortunately  he's a  selfish ******* that lives far too much up his own arse.  His comments towards some tennis players  through out his career has been disgusting.  particular towards our Andy.  Now I do not like holding grudges  but the  things he said about Andy.. were bang out of order... I could list them all.. I could write a book about it.  As far as I'm concerned    He doesn't know they meaning of the word humble.  Andy on the other hand  in contrast is unassuming,  very humble and a very likable guy.  He has a amazing personality.. some don't see it  but I do.  Also he has a crazy amount of talent  .. a talent that lots of people would dream to have..  I may be a bit biased here but that's just my opinion.  Welcome to MW  and I hope you have a great time posting Very Happy   its fun being a Murray fan  All aboard the Murray express toot toot
IP Logged
kris

Re: I'm starting to dislike Federer « Reply #251 on: July 10, 2012, 10:16 PM »

Besides he won 17 slams ! what do you want from the guy?! To bow down to andy ?

i mean this happens in every arena of career when you have elite achievers . I am sure the coworkers who lacked the talent think those top performers are "ARROGANT" too . I mean everything is arrogant right ? They could be sneezing and you would say "omg such arrogance ! He is so smug!" .  yes there  are winners and losers in life and it just so happens vast majority of society hates any successful person.  these guys just can't get a break from the so called "humble" people .
IP Logged
kris

Re: I'm starting to dislike Federer « Reply #252 on: July 10, 2012, 10:18 PM »

lol  Kris.  I have never liked Fed.  Never have.  Never will.   Most people don't like him on this forum and its understandable. Sure he his a great tennis player  but unfortunately  he's a  selfish ******* that lives far too much up his own arse.  His comments towards some tennis players  through out his career has been disgusting.  particular towards our Andy.  Now I do not like holding grudges  but the  things he said about Andy.. were bang out of order... I could list them all.. I could write a book about it.  As far as I'm concerned    He doesn't know they meaning of the word humble.  Andy on the other hand  in contrast is unassuming,  very humble and a very likable guy.  He has a amazing personality.. some don't see it  but I do.  Also he has a crazy amount of talent  .. a talent that lots of people would dream to have..  I may be a bit biased here but that's just my opinion.  Welcome to MW  and I hope you have a great time posting Very Happy   its fun being a Murray fan  All aboard the Murray express toot toot

Thanks mate ! Don't get me wrong i dont think the guy is a saint either  ! perhaps it is the "need to be fair" side of me coming out in these boards .  oh well i will just call it lost cause and support andy !
IP Logged
kris

Re: I'm starting to dislike Federer « Reply #253 on: July 10, 2012, 10:22 PM »

There was only one guy left in that list and he was the one who took out our Andy. How depressing.

Reflecting back on certain things, one must feel a lot for Benneteau and Andy. Benneteau played so well to the point that Federer really had to wait on him to finally fizzle out in the fifth. I really thought Federer got enormously lucky in the 4th set TB against Benneteau and then again, in the final against Andy in the 2nd.

Andy was definitely the best player in this whole tournament given the tough draw and the overall pressure on him etc. That’s a lot to deal with.

um fed has talent and thats why he won. Stop downplaying everything he does constantly .
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: I'm starting to dislike Federer « Reply #254 on: July 10, 2012, 10:29 PM »

Thanks mate ! Don't get me wrong i dont think the guy is a saint either  ! perhaps it is the "need to be fair" side of me coming out in these boards .  oh well i will just call it lost cause and support andy !

Very Happy   Wink  good man!!  Smile  don't let anyone's opinion get you down .  having 17 slams at 30  is still quite a achievement  by Fed  I congratulate him for that .  Can't believe I just said that. lol   I don't hate him..... he just isn't my fav player.  My fav players... are Andy  then Nole.  That's about it really haha
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 56 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »