Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  I'm starting to dislike Federer 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 ... 56 Go Down Reply
Author

I'm starting to dislike Federer

(Read 22707 times)
Iris
ATP Level

Re: I'm starting to dislike Federer « Reply #525 on: September 29, 2012, 05:14 PM »

lol
He looks a real plonker nah
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: I'm starting to dislike Federer « Reply #526 on: September 29, 2012, 05:16 PM »

yes lol
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: I'm starting to dislike Federer « Reply #527 on: October 09, 2012, 01:25 AM »

Just copied this comments post from an article on the beeb about Andy

1.El chavo del 8
8th October 2012 - 16:07
As a big fan of Murray's, it's working out perfectly for him that the rankings are based on winning unheard of events like like Mongolian masters and the Latvian open. He also targeted the Mickey Mouse cup which Federer didn't bother in. He's also great playing in lottery events taking place in a tornado.

Thank god the ratings aren't based on actually winning important tournaments.

Riddle me this.  If all the tournies that Rog won were not Mickey Mouse Cups and unheard of tournies when he won, why are they when Andy wins them? confused

Fed fans really show very little signs of intelligence haha
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: I'm starting to dislike Federer « Reply #528 on: October 09, 2012, 01:42 AM »

Surely a wind-up. No-one's that thick.

People question why some hate Federer. For me personally it's not him I despise, so much as his incredibly ignorant, half-assed fuckwit fans who think the sun shines out of his every orifice and fail to show a single shred of respect to the other players. Not all of them of course, but there is certainly a large percentage who, from my experiences, make up the large majority from those I've conversed with / seen comment over the years, be it face-to-face or over in the internet. Maybe the more respectable fans keep themselves to themselves and don't seek an internet message board to gloat about a player they chose to support purely because he was good, as if it gives their lives meaning, whilst whinging about any other player who dares so much as try to beat their idol.

...and breathe. If it was a wind-up it was evidently successful.
[ Last edit by TheMadHatter October 09, 2012, 01:48 AM ] IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: I'm starting to dislike Federer « Reply #529 on: October 09, 2012, 07:25 AM »

^ yep, that's pretty much my experience too. yuk
Goodness knows what they'll do when he retires.  Shrug
And will Fedal wars go on for ever and ever as well?
So tedious Speak to the hand
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: I'm starting to dislike Federer « Reply #530 on: October 09, 2012, 08:39 AM »

Just copied this comments post from an article on the beeb about Andy

1.El chavo del 8
8th October 2012 - 16:07
As a big fan of Murray's, it's working out perfectly for him that the rankings are based on winning unheard of events like like Mongolian masters and the Latvian open. He also targeted the Mickey Mouse cup which Federer didn't bother in. He's also great playing in lottery events taking place in a tornado.

Thank god the ratings aren't based on actually winning important tournaments.

Riddle me this.  If all the tournies that Rog won were not Mickey Mouse Cups and unheard of tournies when he won, why are they when Andy wins them? confused

Fed fans really show very little signs of intelligence haha

El Chavo is a troll on the BBC's website. He's clearly a cretin who knows nothing about the game. I doubt he knows anything about Andy or Federer really.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: I'm starting to dislike Federer « Reply #531 on: October 11, 2012, 12:47 AM »

Just looked back at some more comments and they certainly are TJ.  They clearly know very little about tennis either Rolling Eyes

They also have a friend in Name Number 6  and Chrismet Rolling Eyes

There are some sad people out there.
IP Logged
silver lining
Futures Level

Re: I'm starting to dislike Federer « Reply #532 on: October 11, 2012, 01:29 PM »

Surely a wind-up. No-one's that thick.

People question why some hate Federer. For me personally it's not him I despise, so much as his incredibly ignorant, half-assed fuckwit fans who think the sun shines out of his every orifice and fail to show a single shred of respect to the other players. Not all of them of course, but there is certainly a large percentage who, from my experiences, make up the large majority from those I've conversed with / seen comment over the years, be it face-to-face or over in the internet. Maybe the more respectable fans keep themselves to themselves and don't seek an internet message board to gloat about a player they chose to support purely because he was good, as if it gives their lives meaning, whilst whinging about any other player who dares so much as try to beat their idol.

...and breathe. If it was a wind-up it was evidently successful.

I'ts not just Federer fans, sadly. Big 3 fans in general tend to be very arrogant. MTF especially, is a very hateful place. I was never able to wrap my head around it, because I really don't understand how people get to be proud of themselves for some else's achievements. But then again a lot of people on the internet might not have anything else. It still doesn't really explain what kind of kick they get out of publicly hating on professional athletes who have more talent and drive than they could even dream of.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: I'm starting to dislike Federer « Reply #533 on: October 11, 2012, 01:32 PM »

There are some sad people out there.

Indeed, but what does get me, particularly about the BBC's site, is that discussions like that are moderated. El Chavo, and other trollers, are never stopped, never warned, certainly never banned. They are basically given the green light to be stupid, ignorant, or often, especially in response to anything Andy does, downright xenophobic and offensive.

I'm not saying I'm perfect by the way, far from it. I make no secret of the fact that I dislike Federer all the way to my bones, and I despise Raonic to my core. That said, I would never go on a forum and refer to Federer as a Swiss scumbag, and I would never call Raonic a Canadian cretin.

I suppose what I'm saying is that it somehow seems fine for people to be personally offensive about Andy and the BBC et al let them do it.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: I'm starting to dislike Federer « Reply #534 on: October 11, 2012, 11:38 PM »

I had an argument with smugfed fans earlier, it's their arragonce that really pisses me off. I mean when Federer loses they fail to congratulate his opponent and just come up with bs excuses, yet they'll rip on Murray for losing to Raonic or say how Murray holds his back when he loses a point.... ******* tossers can't accept there's OTHER good Tennis players about and I bet the majority of them would sell their house if it mean spending a measly minute with Federer. Pricks.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: I'm starting to dislike Federer « Reply #535 on: October 11, 2012, 11:50 PM »

I did have to laugh a little (or a lot) at the Fed fans at the Olympics.  There was a banner which said 'The Gold is yours Roger, this is just a formality' Oh dear - I bet they felt like a bunch of twats seeing their man totally thrashed.  Such a shame... Very Happy  However, his fans are just that, and I'm led to believe that he's actually a nice down to earth guy off the court. Shrug
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: I'm starting to dislike Federer « Reply #536 on: October 12, 2012, 12:32 AM »

He probably is, unlike his randy golf mate....
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: I'm starting to dislike Federer « Reply #537 on: October 12, 2012, 12:50 AM »

I'ts not just Federer fans, sadly. Big 3 fans in general tend to be very arrogant. MTF especially, is a very hateful place. I was never able to wrap my head around it, because I really don't understand how people get to be proud of themselves for some else's achievements. But then again a lot of people on the internet might not have anything else. It still doesn't really explain what kind of kick they get out of publicly hating on professional athletes who have more talent and drive than they could even dream of.
Aye, but then it's where those fans come from. Federer has a big English-supporting fanbase, about 90% of whom tend to really despise Andy for really pathetic reasons. I tend to come into contact with these more.

That's why I avoid MTF, too many bitter, biased, fuckwit fans. Same reason I stay away from the comments section of the likes of BBC and the Telegraph, and don't read any Daily Mail or Sun shite.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: I'm starting to dislike Federer « Reply #538 on: October 12, 2012, 12:51 AM »

I did have to laugh a little (or a lot) at the Fed fans at the Olympics.  There was a banner which said 'The Gold is yours Roger, this is just a formality' Oh dear - I bet they felt like a bunch of twats seeing their man totally thrashed.  Such a shame... Very Happy  However, his fans are just that, and I'm led to believe that he's actually a nice down to earth guy off the court. Shrug
I've always thought that he does seem like really quite a nice guy, just a bit up himself.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: I'm starting to dislike Federer « Reply #539 on: October 12, 2012, 01:16 AM »

If you waste your time pointlessly bickering with pathetic numpties on newspaper comments sections who will never, EVER be empathetic to your point of view; or on forums such as MTF, you may end up as bitter and twisted as some of them.
I think a lot of these people have sad, empty lives, and I actually feel genuine pity for some posters.

To be fair, some posters on MTF are great (you know who you are lol) and others are just straight up hilarious!

There are some decent tennis forums out there that are sympathetic to Andy but tend to be one-dimensional.
Without a doubt MW is the best.
Cheers Mark! Smile

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 ... 56 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »