Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  I'm starting to dislike Federer 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 ... 56 Go Down Reply
Author

I'm starting to dislike Federer

(Read 26252 times)
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: I'm starting to dislike Federer « Reply #540 on: October 12, 2012, 01:58 AM »

Indeed, but what does get me, particularly about the BBC's site, is that discussions like that are moderated. El Chavo, and other trollers, are never stopped, never warned, certainly never banned. They are basically given the green light to be stupid, ignorant, or often, especially in response to anything Andy does, downright xenophobic and offensive.

I'm not saying I'm perfect by the way, far from it. I make no secret of the fact that I dislike Federer all the way to my bones, and I despise Raonic to my core. That said, I would never go on a forum and refer to Federer as a Swiss scumbag, and I would never call Raonic a Canadian cretin.

I suppose what I'm saying is that it somehow seems fine for people to be personally offensive about Andy and the BBC et al let them do it.

Seems that some of their posts have been hidden now but agree with what you say, I would never dismiss someone else's achievements in such a way as these people (term used lightly) do.  What they fail to realise are the flaws in their own character whilst systematically pulling apart someone elses. retard

I did have to laugh a little (or a lot) at the Fed fans at the Olympics.  There was a banner which said 'The Gold is yours Roger, this is just a formality' Oh dear - I bet they felt like a bunch of twats seeing their man totally thrashed.  Such a shame... Very Happy  However, his fans are just that, and I'm led to believe that he's actually a nice down to earth guy off the court. Shrug

I was quite astonished at that poster but felt very smug at the end - pity we didn't get another shot of them to see Whistle
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: I'm starting to dislike Federer « Reply #541 on: October 12, 2012, 04:43 PM »

I have had a look at other Tennis forums, but none really interested me. I was looking to come to a Murray forum just to lurk and find out info on getting Murray's autograph. I signed up to two and settled here. I'm glad my annoyance with Federer, well mainly his fans, is shared here. It seems like all Murray fans have the same gripes with them as I do. I wonder what Federer/Fed fans reaction will be IF he loses against Andy tomorrow.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: I'm starting to dislike Federer « Reply #542 on: October 12, 2012, 04:55 PM »

I was quite astonished at that poster but felt very smug at the end - pity we didn't get another shot of them to see Whistle

I wonder if a shot exists of them ripping up that poster? If so I'd love to see it lol.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: I'm starting to dislike Federer « Reply #543 on: October 12, 2012, 04:58 PM »

I wonder what Federer/Fed fans reaction will be IF he loses against Andy tomorrow.

They'll swear blind that it was rigged for Andy to win, or that Fed was tired, rather like they did over the Olympics. They might say that the death threat is worrying him and he can't focus on his tennis. Whatever they say, Andy won't get any credit or respect, he never does.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: I'm starting to dislike Federer « Reply #544 on: October 12, 2012, 05:02 PM »

He gave Andy the Olympics remember because he felt sorry for him. Of course as the great man has said himself, all matches come down to him. So let's hope he's in a generous mood tomorrow. Because of course how Andy plays has no bearing on the match whatsoever, apparently.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: I'm starting to dislike Federer « Reply #545 on: October 12, 2012, 05:02 PM »

I expect the death threat excuse will come up, even though Fed has said it doesn't bother him in the slightest. Kinda got to respect him there, he's just got a death threat, even though it seems like it was only a tongue in cheek comment, and he's still flying to the place and playing with no issues.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Give me your JMac, Henman, Cash & 2 balls.

Re: I'm starting to dislike Federer « Reply #546 on: October 22, 2012, 07:10 PM »

Fed getting into character for Halloween?

* cover_360_05.jpg (46.78 KB, 360x480 - viewed 232 times.)
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: I'm starting to dislike Federer « Reply #547 on: October 22, 2012, 07:21 PM »

lmao
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: I'm starting to dislike Federer « Reply #548 on: October 23, 2012, 06:07 AM »

OMG, that looks like a cut-and-paste pic... lol
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: I'm starting to dislike Federer « Reply #549 on: October 23, 2012, 06:32 AM »

Air brushing is alive and well Whistle
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: I'm starting to dislike Federer « Reply #550 on: October 23, 2012, 06:36 AM »

Air brushing is alive and well Whistle

Oh, ok I get it...I really thought it was him.
IP Logged
janetx
Challenger Level

Re: I'm starting to dislike Federer « Reply #551 on: October 23, 2012, 07:24 AM »

Looks photoshopped; and his head looks to be plunked down on his body!
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: I'm starting to dislike Federer « Reply #552 on: October 23, 2012, 09:37 AM »

That's a watch advert.
IP Logged
andyfan4ever

::Give 110% and Don't go away with regrets::

Re: I'm starting to dislike Federer « Reply #553 on: November 05, 2012, 11:35 PM »

I think Federer is I nice Guy, Just sayin
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: I'm starting to dislike Federer « Reply #554 on: November 06, 2012, 07:01 AM »

^ bit of a minority view here, darling. Most of us think he was/is the most brilliant tennis player, but don't actually "like" him much.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 ... 56 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »