Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  I'm starting to dislike Federer 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 ... 56 Go Down Reply
Author

I'm starting to dislike Federer

(Read 24211 times)
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: I'm starting to dislike Federer « Reply #705 on: July 10, 2013, 08:31 AM »

Federer chokes the match away. Thank God Murray didn't do this after Djokovic's return in the same style at 40-15.
  We saw that same pantomime villain smile on Sunday when Djoko thought he was on the way back into the third set - you have to love it though!
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: I'm starting to dislike Federer « Reply #706 on: July 10, 2013, 08:39 PM »

Federer chokes the match away. Thank God Murray didn't do this after Djokovic's return in the same style at 40-15.
That happened two years on the trot.
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: I'm starting to dislike Federer « Reply #707 on: July 15, 2013, 08:42 PM »

I have to admit, i'm quite surprised by this from Federer:

The Swiss took a short holiday following his Wimbledon exit and, although he did not watch Andy Murray’s historic triumph, he did send the World No. 2 a congratulatory text message.

“I didn’t see anything but I did send him a message. I was happy for him. I think he’s been very consistent for a long time. Last year, was a huge year for him winning the [London] Olympics, making the Wimbledon final and winning the US Open. I thought after missing Paris to come back and win Wimbledon it was amazing.”
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: I'm starting to dislike Federer « Reply #708 on: July 15, 2013, 10:09 PM »

The Swiss took a short holiday following his Wimbledon exit and, although he did not watch Andy Murray’s historic triumph, he did send the World No. 2 a congratulatory text message.

“I didn’t see anything but I did send him a message. I was happy for him. I think he’s been very consistent for a long time. Last year, was a huge year for him winning the [London] Olympics, making the Wimbledon final and winning the US Open. I thought after missing Paris to come back and win Wimbledon it was amazing.”

Three things to note.  1. Federer didn't see any of the match.  2. Federer wants us to know he sent Andy a message.  3. Federer thinks what Andy achieved after missing Paris was "amazing". Plenty of lines to read between there, for those to choose too.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: I'm starting to dislike Federer « Reply #709 on: July 15, 2013, 10:51 PM »

That wasn't a choke. Djoko beast moded there.
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: I'm starting to dislike Federer « Reply #710 on: July 15, 2013, 11:14 PM »

Three things to note.  1. Federer didn't see any of the match.  2. Federer wants us to know he sent Andy a message.  3. Federer thinks what Andy achieved after missing Paris was "amazing". Plenty of lines to read between there, for those to choose too.

Yeah i guess, hard to take anything he says literally, there's always a hidden meaning
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: I'm starting to dislike Federer « Reply #711 on: July 16, 2013, 12:57 AM »

Yeah i guess, hard to take anything he says literally, there's always a hidden meaning
I agree it's easy to be cynical about what Roger says, but maybe his humiliating exit at Wimbledon and his demotion to #5 have finally penetrated the Federer arrogance, and that what he's saying is how he genuinely feels?  I really can't see any kind of hidden meaning in that quote, and, without knowing the source, we don't know what sort of question he was responding to.  Time will tell, though.
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: I'm starting to dislike Federer « Reply #712 on: July 16, 2013, 01:08 AM »

I agree it's easy to be cynical about what Roger says, but maybe his humiliating exit at Wimbledon and his demotion to #5 have finally penetrated the Federer arrogance, and that what he's saying is how he genuinely feels?  I really can't see any kind of hidden meaning in that quote, and, without knowing the source, we don't know what sort of question he was responding to.  Time will tell, though.

It was sourced from a presser he did in Hamburg, i found it on the ATP site
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: I'm starting to dislike Federer « Reply #713 on: July 16, 2013, 01:10 AM »

Federer appeared in Muzza's docu so I am kinda not surprised.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: I'm starting to dislike Federer « Reply #714 on: July 16, 2013, 01:43 AM »

Federer appeared in Muzza's docu so I am kinda not surprised.
Did he?  I still haven't watched that yet, I'm ashamed to say.
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: I'm starting to dislike Federer « Reply #715 on: July 16, 2013, 01:49 AM »

Federer is kind of obligated to answer on it, since the media is bound to ask him about it.
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: I'm starting to dislike Federer « Reply #716 on: July 23, 2013, 06:26 PM »

IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: I'm starting to dislike Federer « Reply #717 on: July 23, 2013, 07:16 PM »

While it doesn't make me like smugfed any more I think his attitude to Andy has changed in recent months.  I think he used to think him not in his league and therefore disliked losing to him so often intensely.  But I think he now accepts that Andy is genuinely one of the top players and is therefore worthy of his respect.  However I'm sure it's only a matter of time before he takes credit for it on basis that having been beaten by him, I forget when now, he said if Andy carried on playing the defensive tennis he used to play he'd never make it right to the top.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: I'm starting to dislike Federer « Reply #718 on: July 23, 2013, 09:04 PM »

That racquet smashing incident was quite something, and I recall Fed got fined for swearing at the umpire (I think he used the 's' word) during that USO final, but his crowning moment, if you can call it that, was the way he took all the glory out of Nadal's win at the 2009 AO.  He did come back after a brief break and try to say some more, but he'd have been much better to have done what Andy did - say a few emotional words and let Rafa get on with enjoying his moment of history as the first Spaniard to win the tournament.  No wonder Rafa looks like strangling him!
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: I'm starting to dislike Federer « Reply #719 on: July 23, 2013, 09:31 PM »

^^ Yes Aileen, it was the AO final of 2009 that i really changed my opinion of him, i mean i can understand getting upset about losing a slam final like Andy did at the AO in 2010 or Wimbledon last year, but not when you have double digits in slam wins already for crying out loud, it was quite pathetic and especially when he had already won the AO numerous times already, and i think this was Rafa's first and only? Like you said it took all the spotlight away from Rafa.

The worst thing though for me was when he said afterwards he cried because he knew that the whole crowd wanted him to win and that he was upset for them as they travelled to see him win but he wasn't able to do it for them????? what a jerk.

And on top of that we had his press conference the next year where he said he found watching Andy cry was hard to watch.....
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 ... 56 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »