Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  I'm starting to dislike Federer 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 Go Down Reply
Author

I'm starting to dislike Federer

(Read 26710 times)
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: I'm starting to dislike Federer « Reply #795 on: August 10, 2013, 08:04 AM »

Item 5 deff worth a read innocent
http://www.theguardian.com/sport/blog/2013/aug/09/joy-of-six-sporting-hubris
IP Logged
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: I'm starting to dislike Federer « Reply #796 on: August 10, 2013, 08:59 AM »

It is definitely spot on.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: I'm starting to dislike Federer « Reply #797 on: August 10, 2013, 11:09 AM »

I love it when someone is brave enough to state the truth. I don't know what amused me more, the initial piece, or the comments of some of his followers below, rushing to justify his behaviour. The truth hurts, clearly.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: I'm starting to dislike Federer « Reply #798 on: August 10, 2013, 09:02 PM »

Definitely!  And I love how he brings PseudoFed into it. Very Happy

I love it when someone is brave enough to state the truth. I don't know what amused me more, the initial piece, or the comments of some of his followers below, rushing to justify his behaviour. The truth hurts, clearly.
I couldn't be bothered fishing out all the pro-Fed comments amongst all the rest, but I did like this one -

"I don't see Roger climbing in to the players box after winning Wimbledon, he always stayed on the court and showed respect to his opponent."

Given that (a) Andy asked the Referee's permission first, and (b) that Mrs Djokovic was hugging Judy and congratulating her on Andy's win, I'm sure Novak saw nothing disrespectful here, especially as he and Andy are friends even if that friendship has been put aside for a while.  Roger stayed on court alright, openly soaking up the adulation of his fans and making unnecessarily long speeches with the emphasis very much on Me.  That is showing respect?
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: I'm starting to dislike Federer « Reply #799 on: August 10, 2013, 09:17 PM »

And Roger didnt show disrespect when he donned a shirt citing his current number of major wins immediately after beating  Roddick at Wimbledon . Think
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: I'm starting to dislike Federer « Reply #800 on: August 10, 2013, 09:18 PM »

Frauderer in free fall.. fans in denial.
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: I'm starting to dislike Federer « Reply #801 on: August 10, 2013, 09:31 PM »

G  Roger stayed on court alright, openly soaking up the adulation of his fans and making unnecessarily long speeches with the emphasis very much on Me.  That is showing respect?

I seem to recall his family joined him on the court. Thats real respect, not.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: I'm starting to dislike Federer « Reply #802 on: August 11, 2013, 01:34 AM »

And Roger didnt show disrespect when he donned a shirt citing his current number of major wins immediately after beating  Roddick at Wimbledon . Think
Urgh - I'd forgotten about that, and Roddick was absolutely gutted too after that 16-14 5th set, yet he had the graciousness to refer to Fed as 'that great champion'.  Should've punched him in the face. lol

I seem to recall his family joined him on the court. Thats real respect, not.
I don't remember that but nothing would surprise me.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: I'm starting to dislike Federer « Reply #803 on: August 11, 2013, 06:38 AM »

Thanks BBH.....That was an interesting read! Hilarious how his fans are all claiming that Nike is responsible for Fed wearing those ridiculous outfits and the numbers on his shoes ect! Do they think poor Roger is forced to dress like that?  Rolling Eyes I don't believe for one minute that Fed has no 'say' in the matter.....in fact, I wouldn't be at all surprised if he actually comes up with the ideas himself!  Whistle
IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: I'm starting to dislike Federer « Reply #804 on: August 11, 2013, 11:14 AM »

Thanks BBH.....That was an interesting read! Hilarious how his fans are all claiming that Nike is responsible for Fed wearing those ridiculous outfits and the numbers on his shoes ect! Do they think poor Roger is forced to dress like that?  Rolling Eyes I don't believe for one minute that Fed has no 'say' in the matter.....in fact, I wouldn't be at all surprised if he actually comes up with the ideas himself!  Whistle

Think you are right there, Caz.    We have to hope that the player has some say in the matter otherwise we might see Adidas dressing our Andy up in an outfit like that!!!
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: I'm starting to dislike Federer « Reply #805 on: August 11, 2013, 11:25 AM »

Think you are right there, Caz.    We have to hope that the player has some say in the matter otherwise we might see Adidas dressing our Andy up in an outfit like that!!!
If  I remember correctly I think Andy refused the offer of having his name on his trainers, so I think that Andy can refuse to wear a get up he doesn't like or approve of.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: I'm starting to dislike Federer « Reply #806 on: August 11, 2013, 12:05 PM »

The day I see Andy coming on court with a gold bag, is the day I know the world is turned upside down Rolling Eyes
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: I'm starting to dislike Federer « Reply #807 on: August 11, 2013, 12:25 PM »

God Forbid!   w00t
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: I'm starting to dislike Federer « Reply #808 on: August 11, 2013, 12:26 PM »

The day I see Andy coming on court with a gold bag, is the day I know the world is turned upside down Rolling Eyes
I reckon Andy would rather be seen in a bin bag!  Whistle
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: I'm starting to dislike Federer « Reply #809 on: August 11, 2013, 01:27 PM »

I reckon Andy would rather be seen in a bin bag!  Whistle

Personally I think Andy would impale himself on his racquet before he has his name on his kit, anything like that. Andy knows his name, bless him, he doesn't need Adidas to tell him.

Mind you, next time he plays Rafa I'd like him to have 2-6 6-2 6-0 etched on to the racquet, just to jog his memory of the last time they met, when he came back to win from a set down Smile.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »