Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  I'm starting to dislike Federer 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 54 [55] 56 Go Down Reply
Author

I'm starting to dislike Federer

(Read 24496 times)
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: I'm starting to dislike Federer « Reply #810 on: August 11, 2013, 01:47 PM »

I reckon Andy would rather be seen in a bin bag!  Whistle

Too true.    But then there is no need to gild the lily.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: I'm starting to dislike Federer « Reply #811 on: August 11, 2013, 02:08 PM »

^ lmao
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: I'm starting to dislike Federer « Reply #812 on: August 11, 2013, 02:24 PM »

Andy does wear gold though!! around his neck Smile
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: I'm starting to dislike Federer « Reply #813 on: August 11, 2013, 02:38 PM »

Yes, but he doesn't wear it all the time like Fed would have!  Whistle
IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: I'm starting to dislike Federer « Reply #814 on: August 11, 2013, 02:43 PM »

Maggie May has to have her turn!!
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: I'm starting to dislike Federer « Reply #815 on: August 11, 2013, 02:50 PM »

Not to mention Rusty and Kim!
IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: I'm starting to dislike Federer « Reply #816 on: August 11, 2013, 03:40 PM »

In that order?
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: I'm starting to dislike Federer « Reply #817 on: August 11, 2013, 04:46 PM »

Probably!  Whistle
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: I'm starting to dislike Federer « Reply #818 on: September 03, 2013, 09:46 PM »

Apologies to all who may have seen this already, but had to share.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/tennis-busted-racquet/roger-evaluating-federer-cocky-comments-154457703.html

I now await the official endorsement of Federian as an adjective!
IP Logged
IonaRed
Challenger Level

Re: I'm starting to dislike Federer « Reply #819 on: September 04, 2013, 01:43 AM »

And Roger didnt show disrespect when he donned a shirt citing his current number of major wins immediately after beating  Roddick at Wimbledon . Think

I remember Fed being asked this in a press conference.

QU: You're known as a guy who loves tennis' traditions. One of the big traditions you've never done is climb into the stands to celebrate with your team after a big win. Is there a reason for that?

RF: Yeah, I'm not a fan of it. I don't like it so much. I don't know, maybe -- whatever. (smiling) I just don't. For my opponent I don't think it's what I'd do.

But then everybody, they do what they think is right and what they feel is the way to celebrate, because it is a unique moment when you're deciding to do that. Very often happens in grand slams. Some fans love it; some press love it; I don't know, may be the photographers love it, too.

Overall I've just said I will never do that in my life, and I've stuck to it my whole career.

-------------------
I guess what he did after he beat Roddick was absolutely fine. That wasn't rubbing Roddick's nose in it.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: I'm starting to dislike Federer « Reply #820 on: September 04, 2013, 06:39 PM »

Apologies to all who may have seen this already, but had to share.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/tennis-busted-racquet/roger-evaluating-federer-cocky-comments-154457703.html

I now await the official endorsement of Federian as an adjective!
thanks fiverings -not seen it.  Although they're pro fed it's so good to see media finally acknowledging what Overend called his 'monumental ego'.
IP Logged
janetx
Challenger Level

Re: I'm starting to dislike Federer « Reply #821 on: September 04, 2013, 07:43 PM »

i noticed both murray and djokovic stuck up for fed and said that the press should back off and they wouldn't count him out. i thought that was really classy on their parts. and probably honest. they've seen him come back before.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: I'm starting to dislike Federer « Reply #822 on: September 04, 2013, 08:37 PM »

I thought that was very gracious from Andy and Djokovic. I have to admit that if I was Andy I'd be in fits of hysterical laughter in the locker room at Federer's fall, but Andy must be nicer than me.

To be fair, Djokovic and Andy would never say in public that Fed is done, even if they thought it privately. Personally I think if he does come back now he should change his name to Lazarus.
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: I'm starting to dislike Federer « Reply #823 on: September 04, 2013, 10:02 PM »

I thought that was very gracious from Andy and Djokovic. I have to admit that if I was Andy I'd be in fits of hysterical laughter in the locker room at Federer's fall, but Andy must be nicer than me.

To be fair, Djokovic and Andy would never say in public that Fed is done, even if they thought it privately. Personally I think if he does come back now he should change his name to Lazarus.
  Federer will be familiar with the term schadenfreude - thats exactly what many on the tour will be feeling, but they are too professional to even hint at it in public.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: I'm starting to dislike Federer « Reply #824 on: September 04, 2013, 10:23 PM »

Andy has always been extremely respectful towards smugfed even if the latter didn't reciprocate (although I do think he's been showing Andy more respect recently).
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 54 [55] 56 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »