Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  If you could go to one tournament. Any tournament. What would it be? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Reply
Author

If you could go to one tournament. Any tournament. What would it be?

(Read 1043 times)
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

I would quite like to go to the US Open.  Terrific atmosphere.  People dancing.   The food looks goods as well Very Happy   I have been to Wimbledon twice already .  That was a pretty amazing experience.  Smile      I don't think I want to go again.  Want to go somewhere different Very Happy   So yeah  I would really like to go to the US Open.   I'll need to start saving up.   First though I need a job lol  I would actually like to follow the atp around the world some day.  I would stalk some players.  It would be pretty awesome.  I'm so jealous of people who get do to this.   lol      so what tournament would you most like to go to?  doesn't have to be your fav tournament.  
[ Last edit by johnkiernan35 July 12, 2012, 07:05 PM ] IP Logged
Murray Magic
ATP Level

Andy "Braveheart" Murray

First would have to be the USO, would love to experience a night match on the Arthur Ashe, then it would be the AO, just because the atmosphere seems to be amazing.  Do not fancy at all RG, even though financially it is probably the most affordable.  Although Wimbledon looks immense, I can't stand the whole elitist aura.  Will need to save some dosh to get to the USO but if I ever won the lottery then that is what I would do. 

John - you should try your hand at sports journalism, your posts are funny, insightful etc and the passion you have for the game are evident, the. You could achieve your dream of following the ATP, anything is possible!!
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

First would have to be the USO, would love to experience a night match on the Arthur Ashe, then it would be the AO, just because the atmosphere seems to be amazing.  Do not fancy at all RG, even though financially it is probably the most affordable.  Although Wimbledon looks immense, I can't stand the whole elitist aura.  Will need to save some dosh to get to the USO but if I ever won the lottery then that is what I would do. 

John - you should try your hand at sports journalism, your posts are funny, insightful etc and the passion you have for the game are evident, the. You could achieve your dream of following the ATP, anything is possible!!

thanks for noticing Smile  and thanks for the encouragement
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Oh choices! Probably the US or Australia. I'd say Wimbledon semis or final day but then more chance of me managing that. Smile
Actually US - and since it's not limited I'd say at least a whole day, day and evening matches lol
IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Definately the USO, they are so into their tennis should imagine it would be a great atmosphere.  Would like to do the AO but only when we can teleport there, long flight not my cup of tea.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Been to RG and Wimbledon so I'd say USOpen. But a friend has been to AO and she says it's brilliant. Completely anti-elitist and you can just walk in.
But as I consider USOpen is Andy's best chance, I'll settle for that  yay
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Australian Open.

Stadia and facilities are first class. I've heard that Flushing Meadows is a bit run down and needs some refurbishment. The AO has two show courts with a roof, in fact, it might even be three courts!

The fans are awesome, the night session crowds are the most vibrant in tennis outside Davis Cup. I also like the laid-back but passionate attitude that the Aussies have towards sport.

And the weather, whilst it may be too hot for a Scotsman like me, is phenomenal!
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

Australian Open.

Stadia and facilities are first class. I've heard that Flushing Meadows is a bit run down and needs some refurbishment. The AO has two show courts with a roof, in fact, it might even be three courts!

The fans are awesome, the night session crowds are the most vibrant in tennis outside Davis Cup. I also like the laid-back but passionate attitude that the Aussies have towards sport.

And the weather, whilst it may be too hot for a Scotsman like me, is phenomenal!

haha it is phenomenal  Smile  I never tan anyway.  Being a Scotsman like yourself  I'm a white cola bottle.  and I'm proud to be one Very Happy
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

haha it is phenomenal  Smile   I'm a white cola bottle. 
Surely,You mean Irn Bru.....  Think
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

Surely,You mean Irn Bru.....  Think

lol. lmao   Well if I was comparing myself to a irn bru cola bottle    I would have to be one of those girls that roll around in a bag  doritos all year round.  No joke.  Were talking about skin colour.
IP Logged
ljs
Futures Level

Australian for me , have always wanted to go there . And its called the fun slam , so im assuming lots of drinks , sun , and nice people.

next would be Wimbledon , might do that one day.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Australian for me , have always wanted to go there . And its called the fun slam , so im assuming lots of drinks , sun , and nice people.

next would be Wimbledon , might do that one day.

Very Happy  Tickets go on sale next month.

I'd go for Wimbledon but am glad to say that I've been to Oz - very relaxed and can't wait for next year to go again cmon yeah
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

But a friend has been to AO and she says it's brilliant. Completely anti-elitist and you can just walk in.

yes  Day pass was about $29 AD this year and only couldn't access Hisense and Rod Laver but you can still walk around the drinks/food areas of both, just can't get into the arenas.  Hisense ususally has the list up of who's on what practise court and what time - that's how I managed to grab Andy's autograph the last time I was there Very Happy
IP Logged
IonaRed
Challenger Level

I went to the French Open 5 years in a row before finally getting centre court tickets for Wimbledon last year.  I wasn't so lucky this year. Not sure I'd go back to the French Open. Pretty disgusted by how they treated the fans last time I was there.

I'd love to go back to Wimbledon again but an Andy Murray night match at the US Open would be amazing.
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

The place to go used to be the old Italian Open (now Rome Masters). The atmosphere when the Italians were playing on the outside courts was electric. The crowd used to go mental, chant, throw coins at their opponents, all sorts of stuff.

I think I'd like to go to Roland Garros, though. Because I'd be in France, Paris is about the only big city I actually like, and I always feel at home when I'm in Europe. I am EuroMan. Quite like Halle too.
[ Last edit by Grabcopy July 12, 2012, 11:38 PM ] IP Logged
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »