Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  ITV's Roland Garros coverage 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Reply
Author

ITV's Roland Garros coverage

(Read 1484 times)
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: ITV's Roland Garros coverage « Reply #15 on: June 11, 2012, 10:06 AM »

I've sent a congratulatory email too - picking out Jim C and their use of French comms such as Santoro in particular.  Also a mention of Mark P who I think is always fair.  And said I hope they'll extend their tennis coverage as breath of fresh air after eurosport.

I totally agree Ruthie, the only one who spoiled it for me was Nick Mullins, I was shocked that he was commentaing the final, he talks about everything bar tennis, as obviously he knows nothing, he's a joke! I watched the whole tournament on ITV4 only because I loved hearing Jim Courier's informative commentary, what a breath of fresh air, and it also made watching the matches more enjoyable.
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: ITV's Roland Garros coverage « Reply #16 on: June 11, 2012, 10:55 AM »

I agree Jim Courier has been very good and not so biased as those on Eurosport. He is fair and to the point. It is a pity that we cannot say that about Wade and Ruzedski.
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: ITV's Roland Garros coverage « Reply #17 on: June 11, 2012, 11:20 AM »

..............  or Croft, Lloyd or Castle!  What is it with British commies - jealousy???????
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: ITV's Roland Garros coverage « Reply #18 on: June 11, 2012, 02:21 PM »

Ah. And then they wheel out Nick Mullins for the final. He's been the one minus point for me. Doesn't really bring anything to the commentary.

I agree. He said at the end that he'd really only ever watched tennis at Wimbledon.
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: ITV's Roland Garros coverage « Reply #19 on: June 11, 2012, 03:38 PM »

I think ITVs coverage was excellent, but they perhaps could have brought in Andrew Castle and Pat Cash to supplant the existing team with even more knowledge and insight into the top echelons of the game.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: ITV's Roland Garros coverage « Reply #20 on: June 11, 2012, 04:25 PM »

I think ITVs coverage was excellent, but they perhaps could have brought in Andrew Castle and Pat Cash to supplant the existing team with even more knowledge and insight into the top echelons of the game.

I still don't understand, do they always get two serves? I really need that nice Mr Castle to explain it again and again and again.....
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: ITV's Roland Garros coverage « Reply #21 on: June 11, 2012, 04:58 PM »

I take it you jest!
IP Logged
Tasmanian Devil
Challenger Level

Re: ITV's Roland Garros coverage « Reply #22 on: June 13, 2012, 03:02 PM »

I loved how their coverage was in one section each day.  Not broken up into many pieces like Eurotoss tend to.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: ITV's Roland Garros coverage « Reply #23 on: June 16, 2012, 07:09 PM »

As I've mentioned on another thread I was able to congratulate John Inverdale personally on the coverage at Queens.  He was just coming off court 1 as I was going back in so I thanked him for the excellent coverage and said alot of us thought so and much better than Eurosport.  He said how kind.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: ITV's Roland Garros coverage « Reply #24 on: June 18, 2012, 07:25 AM »

I too saw John at Queens and complimented him on ITV coverage so hope it gets back to the "powers that be."
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Top Seed

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: ITV's Roland Garros coverage « Reply #25 on: June 18, 2012, 08:16 AM »

He was just coming off court 1 as I was going back in

Short, isn't he?
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: ITV's Roland Garros coverage « Reply #26 on: June 18, 2012, 12:28 PM »

But much more attractive than on TV...Wink
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Top Seed

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: ITV's Roland Garros coverage « Reply #27 on: June 18, 2012, 12:34 PM »

But much more attractive than on TV...Wink

You're clearly just a minx.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: ITV's Roland Garros coverage « Reply #28 on: June 18, 2012, 01:34 PM »

And proud yay
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: ITV's Roland Garros coverage « Reply #29 on: July 20, 2012, 04:09 PM »

Hi All,

I agree with everyone on this.

I sort of alternated between ITV and Eurosport until Virginia Wade opened her mouth about Andy, and then I went entirely to ITV because I was furious. I still want to smack that woman, and I don't care if that isn't PC.

I can cope with John Inverdale in small doses. I find him a bit smarmy, but every now and then he will do a good interview, like the one he did with Andy, and my faith is restored.

Jim Courier was a real revelation. I liked the way he was enthusiastic and informative. Some of his comments about Andy were well thought out, as were those of the former ladies player of ours who was on the team, but her name has gone out of my head as I went to type it.

I think Petch is always good in commentary.

I should also say that I could have just looked at Santoro all day. He's a little bit pretty!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »