Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  Juan Martin Del Potro 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Reply
Author

Juan Martin Del Potro

(Read 926 times)
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: Juan Martin Del Potro « Reply #15 on: January 19, 2011, 07:48 PM »

^ Oh, really...  Rolling Eyes
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Juan Martin Del Potro « Reply #16 on: January 19, 2011, 08:00 PM »

Quote from Elly " He does nothing for me"!        He does nothing for me either! What I did like though, was that after he dissed Andy's mum, Andy got soooo angry, he came out like a tiger......Grrrrrrrr......the tennis was grrreat!  I do love Andy when he's angry!
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: Juan Martin Del Potro « Reply #17 on: January 19, 2011, 08:12 PM »

What I'd really like to know is when all the angst between those two started.  It certainly did not start in the match you are referring to.  They go back as far as Junior days, so perhaps it started then.
IP Logged
bhill_mfc
Satellite Level

Re: Juan Martin Del Potro « Reply #18 on: January 19, 2011, 08:23 PM »

If he had a blank canvas, he'd bludgeon the thing with his paintbrush.

This amused me greatly Very Happy
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Juan Martin Del Potro « Reply #19 on: January 19, 2011, 09:26 PM »

Hey Daisy! Well I don't know....I was never really into tennis until the last 5 years or so....until Andy came along. Now that I am though, I know who I like and don't like! I love Andy [of course], I also love Rafa 'cos as well as being a magnificent player he's got such a lovely personality and he's not at all bigheaded....he's just the sweetest guy! wub  I like Djocko and Nalby...Tsonga [because he looks like Mohammed Ali]...ok then,so I'm shallow Whistle I hate 'Bighederer' [ he's a smug b*****d]...I read somewhere that off court, he only talks to players of a certain 'standard' and that some of the younger players actually avert their eyes if they pass him in a corridor [as though he was a god] and they're afraid to look at him....do you know if that's true? I don't like Berdych though I don't know why ...Oh yes I do...'cos I saw him beating Andy once.....I secretly call him 'Birds**t!  Do you think I should join Shallowville?
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: Juan Martin Del Potro « Reply #20 on: January 19, 2011, 10:33 PM »

Hey Daisy! Well I don't know....I was never really into tennis until the last 5 years or so....until Andy came along. Now that I am though, I know who I like and don't like! I love Andy [of course], I also love Rafa 'cos as well as being a magnificent player he's got such a lovely personality and he's not at all bigheaded....he's just the sweetest guy! wub  I like Djocko and Nalby...Tsonga [because he looks like Mohammed Ali]...ok then,so I'm shallow Whistle I hate 'Bighederer' [ he's a smug b*****d]...I read somewhere that off court, he only talks to players of a certain 'standard' and that some of the younger players actually avert their eyes if they pass him in a corridor [as though he was a god] and they're afraid to look at him....do you know if that's true? I don't like Berdych though I don't know why ...Oh yes I do...'cos I saw him beating Andy once.....I secretly call him 'Birds**t!  Do you think I should join Shallowville?

Maybe not just yet ... lol
IP Logged
Johnny Handsome
Futures Level

Re: Juan Martin Del Potro « Reply #21 on: January 19, 2011, 10:57 PM »

Gotta admit i'm a converted del potro fan, he's my favourite player next to Murray. Thought he had bit of a bad attitude at first, but realised he's actually a nice humble guy, got the heart of a lion, no doubt about that. That forehand is awsome, if i could choose one shot out there that id like Murray to possess it would be del potro's forehand. Sledgehammer.
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

Murray Mad

Re: Juan Martin Del Potro « Reply #22 on: January 20, 2011, 07:32 PM »

Well, Johnny Handsome, it's a pity Delpo was KO'd today by Bagdatis.  He's not in top form by any means, carrying an injury still.
And for all the "fans" of our dearest commentator, Mats Willander, I'd like to remind us what Mats said just 2 days ago...

That Del Potro was probably the ONE who could actually beat Rafa and Federer in the Oz open- because he is not afraid of them. doh
So much for Mats predictions....again. Wrong again Mats. Ha ha ha. Whistle
IP Logged
Quackers
Murraymaniac

Re: Juan Martin Del Potro « Reply #23 on: January 20, 2011, 10:14 PM »

I like Del Potty as a player.  Saw him in Montreal and he was brilliant.

And FYI .... Sean Bean is the sex!!! drool
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »