Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs David Ferrer, Saturday, Time: 2pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  Legg Mason Classic, Washington DC, 2010 - Other Players 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Reply
Author

Legg Mason Classic, Washington DC, 2010 - Other Players

(Read 794 times)
Daisy
John McEnroe

Didn't realise this was being televised, but actually started last night.

Today it is on SKY Sports 2 at 3 p.m. (overnight highlights) continuing on the same channel at 5 p.m. with live tennis
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: Legg Mason Classic, Washington DC, 2010 - Other Players « Reply #1 on: August 06, 2010, 08:16 AM »

WEBSITE
http://www.leggmasontennisclassic.com/

DRAW
http://www.leggmasontennisclassic.com/upload/1506.pdf

RESULTS

OOP FOR FRIDAY
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Legg Mason Classic, Washington DC, 2010 - Other Players « Reply #2 on: August 06, 2010, 08:21 AM »

Thanks Daisy.  I think someone mentioned this in another thread when they were celebrating the return of Marcus Buckland (does anyone know what he does when Sky isn't covering tennis?).  I turned it on yesterday evening but it was raining in Washington.

Some surprising results with Roddick and Isner out.
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: Legg Mason Classic, Washington DC, 2010 - Other Players « Reply #3 on: August 06, 2010, 08:25 AM »

when they were celebrating the return of Marcus Buckland (does anyone know what he does when Sky isn't covering tennis?). 

This is about how I picture him

IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Legg Mason Classic, Washington DC, 2010 - Other Players « Reply #4 on: August 06, 2010, 08:27 AM »

This is about how I picture him

roflmao
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: Legg Mason Classic, Washington DC, 2010 - Other Players « Reply #5 on: August 06, 2010, 04:11 PM »

Here we go ..... in another hour ...

http://www.leggmasontennisclassic.com/upload/1505.pdf
IP Logged
MurrayRocks
Veteran

I ♥ my scottish chouchou ...

Re: Legg Mason Classic, Washington DC, 2010 - Other Players « Reply #6 on: August 06, 2010, 04:21 PM »

Americans Washed Away From Legg Mason Tennis Classic in D.C.

Despite yesterday’s newsworthy appearance by President Barack Obama during a promotional event at the White House to support the USTA’s QuickStart tennis program, it doesn’t look the President was able to impart any good luck on the Americans playing in the singles draw of the Legg Mason Tennis Classic in Washington D.C. After a tired Sam Querrey lost to Janko Tipsarevic yesterday, hopes were high that other Americans could continue to represent the “Red, White and Blue”. But heavy and violent rainstorms forced play to start late in the evening and the timing seemed to foretell a bad night for those Americans left.
Although still riding a wave of popularity from his epic Wimbledon win, John Isner couldn’t muster another final set comeback as he went down to Belgium’s Xavier Malisse 4-6, 6-3, 6-7. Fernando Verdasco survived a challenge by Ryan Sweeting before winning 6-4, 7-5 while red hot Mardy Fish, the winner of Newport and Atlanta, saw his 11 match win streak come to an end with a three set loss to Marin Cilic 4-6, 6-4, 2-6.

But it was Andy Roddick’s somewhat easy loss to Frenchmen Gilles Simon 3-6, 3-6 that sparked the most interest and debate. Roddick, who said afterwards he felt listless and had “no spark” on court, could now drop out of the top 10 rankings since Roddick reached the D.C. Finals last year. This drop also comes after Roddick appeared on ESPN’s Pardon the Interruption show where he discussed a once private conversation that he had with his former agent Donald Dell several years ago during their negotiations with clothing brand Lacoste about bonus money Roddick could lose as part of their contract with him if he ever dropped out of the top 10 rankings. Roddick said then, “Hell, if I ever drop below number fifteen, I’m going to retire from tennis anyway, and Lacoste can do whatever he wants.” (This conversation is explained in depth in Dell’s recent book, “Never Make the First Offer.”)

On PTI, Roddick discussed that conversation and added, “I don’t think I’m the kind of guy that’s gonna stay on the tour just to be on tour. Just to exist. As long as I feel like I can keep winning tennis tournaments – I’ve won two this year – as long as I feel like I can enter a tournament to win a tournament then I love playing. I feel pretty lucky to play. But I don’t think I’ll stay and do the retirement tour, so to speak.”

With Roddick’s loss, there will be no Americans left in the singles draw. Top seed Tomas Berdych along with David Nalbandian, Marcos Baghdatis and Janko Tipsarevic were all winners tonight.

http://adjustingthenet.com/2010/08/05/americans-washed-away-from-legg-mason-tennis-classic-in-d-c/#more-6124
IP Logged
MurrayRocks
Veteran

Re: Legg Mason Classic, Washington DC, 2010 - Other Players « Reply #7 on: August 06, 2010, 04:24 PM »

VAMOS NALBY !!!!!!!!    yay yay

IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: Legg Mason Classic, Washington DC, 2010 - Other Players « Reply #8 on: August 06, 2010, 04:24 PM »

I mentioned this in another thread Sylvie .... i.e. is Roddick on the slippery slope ..... Oh, I hope not ...   no
IP Logged
MurrayRocks
Veteran

Re: Legg Mason Classic, Washington DC, 2010 - Other Players « Reply #9 on: August 06, 2010, 05:01 PM »

Highlight of the Nalby -Chiudinelli match ....

IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: Legg Mason Classic, Washington DC, 2010 - Other Players « Reply #10 on: August 06, 2010, 08:07 PM »

Baghdatis vs Verdasco 2-0 1st set.

No Americans in the top ten as of next week .......... that's an amazing pice of info!  Must be the first time in many years ... anyone know how many years?  20+ ?
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: Legg Mason Classic, Washington DC, 2010 - Other Players « Reply #11 on: August 06, 2010, 08:17 PM »

V. serving 2-3
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: Legg Mason Classic, Washington DC, 2010 - Other Players « Reply #12 on: August 06, 2010, 08:51 PM »

Bagman gets first set  7-3 in the TB
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: Legg Mason Classic, Washington DC, 2010 - Other Players « Reply #13 on: August 06, 2010, 09:08 PM »

Second Set 2-2
IP Logged
MurrayRocks
Veteran

Re: Legg Mason Classic, Washington DC, 2010 - Other Players « Reply #14 on: August 06, 2010, 09:16 PM »

Malisse d Berdych  64 36 62 ....
IP Logged
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »