Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  Madrid 2009 - Other Players 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 12 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: Madrid 2009 - Other Players  (Read 1857 times)
KitKat
Seed

Madrid 2009 - Other Players « on: May 14, 2009, 04:46 PM »

Davydonkey has pulled out of his match with Andy Roddick tonight with a leg injury, so Roddick next plays Federer in the QF's, winner to play either Muzza or Del Pony, maybe Roddick could cause an upset.
IP Logged
Joe
Top Seed

Boo hoo hoooooooo :'(

Re: Madrid 2009 - Other Players « Reply #1 on: May 14, 2009, 04:48 PM »

Poor Davy, don't have any particular liking for him, but I sympathise with someone who doesn't like the limelight and just tries to get on with playing. no

On the Tennis.com site the other day, one of the chief writers was predicting Roddick to make the semis - I thought he was on something at the time, but you never know with Federer's current mental fragility Think
IP Logged
KitKat
Seed

Re: Madrid 2009 - Other Players « Reply #2 on: May 14, 2009, 04:50 PM »

Del Pony's doubles match is at 5-5, come on Hutch we can rely on you to prolong this match as long as possible.  w00t
IP Logged
KitKat
Seed

Re: Madrid 2009 - Other Players « Reply #3 on: May 14, 2009, 04:52 PM »

Poor Davy, don't have any particular liking for him, but I sympathise with someone who doesn't like the limelight and just tries to get on with playing. no

On the Tennis.com site the other day, one of the chief writers was predicting Roddick to make the semis - I thought he was on something at the time, but you never know with Federer's current mental fragility Think
The only thing is Roddicks not played much recently because of the wedding so might still be a bit rusty, especially if he's not getting a match today, but he will have the advantage of being fresh, the other down side is that the Americans are not known for being good clay court players, although I've never seen Roddick on clay before.
IP Logged
Joe
Top Seed

Boo hoo hoooooooo :'(

Re: Madrid 2009 - Other Players « Reply #4 on: May 14, 2009, 04:57 PM »

The only thing is Roddicks not played much recently because of the wedding so might still be a bit rusty, especially if he's not getting a match today, but he will have the advantage of being fresh, the other down side is that the Americans are not known for being good clay court players, although I've never seen Roddick on clay before.

Rodders made the semis in Rome last year, but generally I think he doesn't like the surface much.
IP Logged
KitKat
Seed

Re: Madrid 2009 - Other Players « Reply #5 on: May 14, 2009, 04:57 PM »

2-0 to Huss/Hutchins in the first set tiebreak.
IP Logged
KitKat
Seed

Re: Madrid 2009 - Other Players « Reply #6 on: May 14, 2009, 05:01 PM »

If Ross wins this match he'll be in the semis, I wonder if that will give him enough points to break into the top 30.
IP Logged
Neil
John McEnroe

Re: Madrid 2009 - Other Players « Reply #7 on: May 14, 2009, 05:04 PM »

maybe Roddick could cause an upset.

roflmao

That made my day lol

Sorry, but that's never going to happen.

EDIT: I am fully aware that if it does I am going to get major ownage firing at me from all sides and am prepared for such an event. *cuts appropriate length of rope*
IP Logged
KitKat
Seed

Re: Madrid 2009 - Other Players « Reply #8 on: May 14, 2009, 05:07 PM »

What's so funny, he can play really well sometimes and if Rog has an off day which he has had quite a lot of recently then you never know what might happen.  Fingers and tongue.
IP Logged
Neil
John McEnroe

Re: Madrid 2009 - Other Players « Reply #9 on: May 14, 2009, 05:08 PM »

What's so funny, he can play really well sometimes and if Rog has an off day which he has had quite a lot of recently then you never know what might happen.  Fingers and tongue.

Not on clay. Although, they have never met on the surface, their records on it are incomparable.

Head to head otherwise is a MASSIVE 17-2 to Federer! http://www.atpworldtour.com/tennis/3/en/players/headtohead/default.asp?playernum1=F324&playernum2=R485
IP Logged
KitKat
Seed

Re: Madrid 2009 - Other Players « Reply #10 on: May 14, 2009, 05:08 PM »

My livescore seems to have frozen again, it's been at 4-2 in the tiebreak for ages.
IP Logged
KitKat
Seed

Re: Madrid 2009 - Other Players « Reply #11 on: May 14, 2009, 05:09 PM »

Not on clay.
Joe said he got to the semis in Rome, so maybe he'll get to the semis in Madrid.
IP Logged
Neil
John McEnroe

Re: Madrid 2009 - Other Players « Reply #12 on: May 14, 2009, 05:11 PM »

Joe said he got to the semis in Rome, so maybe he'll get to the semis in Madrid.

He has to beat Fed to get there! Unlikely!

And he currently has a measly 150 points from clay! It's a no brainer.

Fed def. Roddick 6-4 6-1
IP Logged
KitKat
Seed

Re: Madrid 2009 - Other Players « Reply #13 on: May 14, 2009, 05:13 PM »

Not if racquet smashing, crybaby Rog turns up.  w00t
IP Logged
KitKat
Seed

Re: Madrid 2009 - Other Players « Reply #14 on: May 14, 2009, 05:13 PM »

Do you know what's happening in Ross's doubles match I can't get a current score anywhere?
IP Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 12 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »