Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Jurgen Melzer, Wednesday, Estimated time - 12:45pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  Madrid MS 2012 - Other Players 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 28 Go Down Reply
Author

Madrid MS 2012 - Other Players

(Read 4895 times)
Grabcopy
Veteran

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: Madrid MS 2012 - Other Players « Reply #60 on: May 08, 2012, 09:17 PM »

Is this touney not televised? Bizarre.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Madrid MS 2012 - Other Players « Reply #61 on: May 08, 2012, 09:27 PM »

But for Djokovic (or any of the top guys tbh) to lose a set against anyone of that standard they have to be pretty off-form. I expect Djokovic will find it again in this 3rd set and see it out quite comfortably in the end. Bit of a scare for him right now though.
Please guys, give Djokovic a break.  It's only 2 weeks since his beloved grandfather died, something that hit him really hard.  You don't get over something like this quickly.  He didn't play in the Serbia Open because he said he was too emotionally drained to play and we've no idea how much practice he's had before playing here.  I'm not in the least surprised to find that he had a blip in this match.  It wouldn't surprise me either if he didn't make the final let alone win the tournament.

I just do not like Milos R's game, if this is the future of tennis we will be back to the days of boring tennis. The days of the big servers, where the receiver just moved from one side to the other and that was game over. I really love seeing the finesse and the returns you see with the top 4. If we have endure Milos, del Potro and Isner then I won't be watching much tennis.
I enjoy watching Delpo play, in fact he's one of my favourite players, and I think Milos's ground-strokes and tactics have improved a lot recently, which also makes him worth watching.  Anyway why worry - Djoko, Nadal and Andy will be around for quite a while yet - Fed probably not so long. Whistle

Must be on Sky if other members are able to watch it, but I just watch livestream on tennisTV which comes from ESPN, so Shrug
IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: Madrid MS 2012 - Other Players « Reply #62 on: May 08, 2012, 09:29 PM »

Its on Sky switches between sky sports 2 and 3??
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Madrid MS 2012 - Other Players « Reply #63 on: May 08, 2012, 09:41 PM »

At least the Raonic/Federer match is an evening one so more people will be able to watch it  Follows Azarenka/Ivanovic match which starts at 6 pm BST.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Madrid MS 2012 - Other Players « Reply #64 on: May 08, 2012, 10:01 PM »

We have full coverage in Toronto.. but it's a subscription channel (SportsNet1).
Well, well.. didn't Nole get a surprise? 
I'm sooooooo looking forward to the scrumptious match between Milos & Fed tomorrow. Bring it Milos! Boxing

IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: Madrid MS 2012 - Other Players « Reply #65 on: May 08, 2012, 10:08 PM »

I just do not like Milos R's game, if this is the future of tennis we will be back to the days of boring tennis. The days of the big servers, where the receiver just moved from one side to the other and that was game over. I really love seeing the finesse and the returns you see with the top 4. If we have endure Milos, del Potro and Isner then I won't be watching much tennis.
michelle, totally agree, do hope it's not so Frown

Playing devil's advocate here....
How would you feel if Andy started playing like Milos?
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Madrid MS 2012 - Other Players « Reply #66 on: May 08, 2012, 10:10 PM »

Djokovic explains:

He said it was "impossible to move" on the Manolo Santana show court and accused tennis officials of ignoring players' concerns.

"I hit five balls throughout the whole match," the visibly irritated Serb, who had a bye into the second round of the Masters event in the Spanish capital, told a news conference.

"Everything else I was just trying to put the ball in the court so I just rely on my serve and getting some points eventually from his unforced errors," he added.

"For me that's not tennis. Either I come up with the football shoes or I invite Chuck Norris to advise me on how I should play on this court."

Article at http://uk.reuters.com/article/2012/05/08/uk-tennis-men-madrid-idUKBRE84718Y20120508
IP Logged
RositaK
Junior

Re: Madrid MS 2012 - Other Players « Reply #67 on: May 08, 2012, 10:54 PM »

Wonder how Rafa will fare on the blue clay. Hope he's more comfortable than Djoko. And I hope Federer isn't.

Milos has adapted very well to all the surfaces he's had to play on. I'm really surprised he's doing well on the clay altho' the commies today said the surface plays fast and he can get a really high bounce. Felt sorry for Nalby today. A little, not toooooooooo much.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Madrid MS 2012 - Other Players « Reply #68 on: May 08, 2012, 11:21 PM »

I'd be very happy if Andy could serve like Milos!

Elena@10:10 - Interesting article.  Thanks.  The one thing I keep reading is that "the organisers say makes it easier for TV viewers to follow the yellow balls.".  If that's the sole reason for the change, then they should be ashamed of themselves.  Courts should be for the comfort of the players, not TV viewers!

Just noticed Milos's comment - "Raonic ... told a news conference he was planning to treat the 16-times grand slam singles winner as just another player on Wednesday."  I doubt His Smugship would like to hear that, but Milos is certainly right by not letting himself be fazed by his opponent.
[ Last edit by Aileen May 08, 2012, 11:30 PM ] IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Madrid MS 2012 - Other Players « Reply #69 on: May 09, 2012, 07:06 AM »

Don't quite get what you mean. Are you talking about Milos' on court demeanour or the way he plays? Because if Andy played like Milos I wouldn't be a fan. I fell asleep when Sampras, apparently his role model, was playing.
The fact that Andy is British is just a nice bonus for me.
The only time I get nationalistic is over Rugby and the Ashes Smile
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: Madrid MS 2012 - Other Players « Reply #70 on: May 09, 2012, 09:08 AM »

I would still hate it, and probably not have become such a huge Andy fan.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Madrid MS 2012 - Other Players « Reply #71 on: May 09, 2012, 01:48 PM »

Raonic doesn't play like Sampras for the umpteenth. Goodness. He's a wannabe whose entire game is made up with a serve and forehand. If one of the two fails to deliver, his whole game will suffer as a result. Look at how a grinder like Ferrer took him to task each time they met. His biggest win so far is against Andy but then again Andy has the tendency to lose to just about anybody ( D.Young, Garcia Lopez etc.) if he’s not feeling 100%.

As to the match, well, I don’t like either of them but since tennis comes first to me, I’d like Federer to beat the crap out of Raonic, but I don't think it would happen exactly that way but let’s see. .
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: Madrid MS 2012 - Other Players « Reply #72 on: May 09, 2012, 02:05 PM »

Isner out.. 7-6 7-6 to Cilic.
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Madrid MS 2012 - Other Players « Reply #73 on: May 09, 2012, 02:22 PM »

Isner out.. 7-6 7-6 to Cilic.

Just saw that, a bit surprised by that.

now waiting for Davy and Rafa Smile
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Madrid MS 2012 - Other Players « Reply #74 on: May 09, 2012, 02:40 PM »

You'd never guess you were in Spain lol The crowd almost sounds like a SF or Final crowd Smile
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 28 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »