Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  Madrid MS 2012 - Other Players 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 28 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: Madrid MS 2012 - Other Players  (Read 4240 times)
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Madrid MS 2012 - Other Players « Reply #330 on: May 12, 2012, 05:25 PM »

Didn't care who won tbh so found match incredibly stress free and a little dull.
I think Delpotro behaved like a spoilt child at the end, not shaking the ref's hand. He's going to feel mighty silly later as the ref was right on both occasions.
Sorry boys and girls but am cheering for Fed now. I would rather watch his beautiful game than a million Berdpots!
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Madrid MS 2012 - Other Players « Reply #331 on: May 12, 2012, 05:27 PM »

Well, I guess I will never know now whether you would have loved him or not, right because I have no way of proving it?

Anyway, part of me in the end did want him to win simply because this would have also meant that both Raonic and Delpo would have seen defeats at the hand of a 30 year old. Am no fan of Berdych but Del Po is no better in any regards. Just another hard hitter though slightly better than Raonic, known for his gamesmanship when things don't go his way and a sour loser when loses (I mean he barely shook Berdych's hand and I've seen this before), so no better than either Berydych or Federer, yet some of you truly like him. This is mind boggling stuff.

So why on earth did you bring it up?

Del Potro is nothing like the smug, arrogant Berdych who gets pissed off at people because they accidentally hit them with a shot.
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: Madrid MS 2012 - Other Players « Reply #332 on: May 12, 2012, 05:37 PM »

Didn't care who won tbh so found match incredibly stress free and a little dull.
I think Delpotro behaved like a spoilt child at the end, not shaking the ref's hand. He's going to feel mighty silly later as the ref was right on both occasions.
Sorry boys and girls but am cheering for Fed now. I would rather watch his beautiful game than a million Berdpots!

Yes he did let the line calls get to him - at the worst possible times too, at the end of both sets. Reminds me of his last match against Fed when he similarly let a line call get to him (though I think on that occasion he was right). He really let his advantage slip in the first set - had he been a set up then Berdych may not have had the same self-belief he showed in set two.

Having watched all of the Fed/Delpo matches this year though, I can't say I was relishing another showing tomorrow so I'm not too disappointed to see a Berdych win today. He will have a better chance against Fed as he's a player who has pushed him (and beaten him) in the past. Got to still put Fed down as a heavy favourite though if he is the finalist.
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Madrid MS 2012 - Other Players « Reply #333 on: May 12, 2012, 05:44 PM »

I wanted Del Potro to win as I cannot abide Berdych. But I would really like Tippsy to win out of them all. But I agree with BBH Mr Smug is likely to win. So come on Tippsy and give us a great surprise.
IP Logged
BigNose
Challenger Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: Madrid MS 2012 - Other Players « Reply #334 on: May 12, 2012, 06:12 PM »

But I agree with BBH Mr Smug is likely to win. So come on Tippsy and give us a great surprise.

Mr Smug ,as you put it, is probably the greatest player ever. Maybe you think he's smug because he always wins and he doesn't throw a tantrum every match. The guy is pure class.

Agree with previous comments on the Delpo versus Berdych slug-fest. Raw power, like these guys have, is actually quite exciting to watch. I just don't want it to ultimately triumph over genius. Otherwise the next generation of tennis player will all be 6 feet 4 inches with biceps the size of Bournemouth. I for one don't want that.

So come on Fed show them how this game should really be played. Same for Andy although he's still not worked out how to beat a Berdych or a Delpo on this surface.
IP Logged
ak400
Futures Level

16 Grand Slams = peRFection

Re: Madrid MS 2012 - Other Players « Reply #335 on: May 12, 2012, 07:24 PM »

Have to say happy as I am to see Roger in the final this tournament has been dissapointing there is no doubt this blue clay is a silly gimic which I think has spoiled the whole event, hopefully come Rome we will have a more accurate reading of Clay court form.

As a Roger fan I think he is playing well but I still think Novak and Rafa are some way ahead on this surface at the moment of course it will be nice to get a masters if it comes along but I agree with Nadal's comment that you wouldnt put Cincy on a greass court before the Open so why do this?

Anyway hope Roger does it tomorrow but Berdych is playing great its going to be a slugfest!
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Madrid MS 2012 - Other Players « Reply #336 on: May 12, 2012, 07:37 PM »

Glad Fed won. He looked majestic out there. Hope he squashes arrogant Birdman flat.
IP Logged
Murray Magic
ATP Level

Andy "Braveheart" Murray

Re: Madrid MS 2012 - Other Players « Reply #337 on: May 12, 2012, 08:20 PM »

I detest RF because of his arrogance, no matter how successful a person has been there is always a need to have some humility and recognition of the lucky position you are in, in comparison the the majority of us who slog itmout everyday in a job that just pays the bills.  However, he plays beautiful tennis and that cannot be denied, but he is a truly arrogant, big headed man, that White military jacket at Wimbledon was obscene as well as nasty towards A-Rod.   But, Berdych appears to be a truly nasty piece of work and for the sake of tennis I hope that RF wins tommorrow, if he does and retains the no. 2 spot it will only be a temporary change as Nadal will take it back come RG. 
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Madrid MS 2012 - Other Players « Reply #338 on: May 12, 2012, 08:42 PM »

I detest RF because of his arrogance, no matter how successful a person has been there is always a need to have some humility and recognition of the lucky position you are in, in comparison the the majority of us who slog itmout everyday in a job that just pays the bills.  However, he plays beautiful tennis and that cannot be denied, but he is a truly arrogant, big headed man, that White military jacket at Wimbledon was obscene as well as nasty towards A-Rod.   But, Berdych appears to be a truly nasty piece of work and for the sake of tennis I hope that RF wins tommorrow, if he does and retains the no. 2 spot it will only be a temporary change as Nadal will take it back come RG
Only if Nadal wins the whole thing and Federer doesn't make the final. Which is far from guaranteed.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Madrid MS 2012 - Other Players « Reply #339 on: May 13, 2012, 01:05 AM »

I detest RF because of his arrogance, no matter how successful a person has been there is always a need to have some humility and recognition of the lucky position you are in, in comparison the the majority of us who slog itmout everyday in a job that just pays the bills.  However, he plays beautiful tennis and that cannot be denied, but he is a truly arrogant, big headed man, that White military jacket at Wimbledon was obscene as well as nasty towards A-Rod.   But, Berdych appears to be a truly nasty piece of work and for the sake of tennis I hope that RF wins tommorrow, if he does and retains the no. 2 spot it will only be a temporary change as Nadal will take it back come RG. 
Much as I dislike Fed as a person his tennis is such a delight, so that's one reason I'll watch this final which has the potential to be a very good match.  Berdych though does have the ability to get under Fed's skin.  I've only seen them play once before and that was in Toronto in 2010 when Fed managed to squeeze the 3rd set TB 7-5.  I remember Fed was 4-2 down in this set and his face was literally dark with anger as he battled his way back.  'Twas a sight to behold!

Well even the bookies aren't much help here but it would seem that Federer is being given a tiny edge over Berdych with most predicting a 3-setter.  My own feeling is that Federer will win.  The fact that he will then become No.2 is neither here nor there at this stage of the season.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Madrid MS 2012 - Other Players « Reply #340 on: May 13, 2012, 06:27 AM »

I agree with Aileen. Roger's tennis is beautiful. If he becomes No2, that'll have implications for the seeding at RG of course but if Andy gets to the semis he'll have to play one of the top 3 anyway, so hardly matters. He needs to protect his No 4 seeding, being 5 would be a different matter.
I remember Roger losing to Berdych at Wimbledon and his return game was awful, he kept putting the balls short in the middle if the court. Of course Bird pounced.  Could go either way Think
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: Madrid MS 2012 - Other Players « Reply #341 on: May 13, 2012, 07:53 AM »

That Wimbledon match was brilliant. The way Berdych played in that match and then in the semis against Novak should have been enough to win a slam but then of course he had Rafa waiting for him in the final! Shows what an advantage top 4 seeding is.

There aren't many players who can trouble Fed but Berdych is definitely one of them. I always find Fed matches more interesting to watch when he is tested. Hopefully it'll be a good match to watch.
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Top Seed

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: Madrid MS 2012 - Other Players « Reply #342 on: May 13, 2012, 09:12 AM »

He needs to protect his No 4 seeding, being 5 would be a different matter.

Berdych could be No 4 by Wimbledon. He made Madrid QFs last year, so he's picked up points there. But, get this, he went out in R1 at the French last year, whilst Andy made the semis with the easiest draw he will ever see.
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: Madrid MS 2012 - Other Players « Reply #343 on: May 13, 2012, 09:44 AM »

:
Berdych could be No 4 by Wimbledon. He made Madrid QFs last year, so he's picked up points there. But, get this, he went out in R1 at the French last year, whilst Andy made the semis with the easiest draw he will ever see.
Berdych has an awful lot of points to make up on Andy. I think it could be good for Andy if Fed does become#2 as he will not have Nadal to face and he enjoys playing against Fed and Nole, so if he reaches the Final in RG then he could win it, this could be the break Andy needs. Hopefully Berdych and Del Po will be in the same half together with Milos, just let the power men knock the living daylights out of each other. yay w00t
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Madrid MS 2012 - Other Players « Reply #344 on: May 13, 2012, 01:21 PM »

No he couldn't. Short of Berdych winning Rome and RG and Andy going out early in both.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 28 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »