Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Grigor Dimitrov, Thursday, Estimated time - 1:30pm GMT - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  Madrid MS 2012 - Other Players 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 Go Down Reply
Author

Madrid MS 2012 - Other Players

(Read 5066 times)
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Madrid MS 2012 - Other Players « Reply #390 on: May 13, 2012, 06:41 PM »

Same here deb. I switched the channel I could not bear another I am the greatest speech from Mr Smug. As I have no love for either of them arrogant pair they deserve each other.
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: Madrid MS 2012 - Other Players « Reply #391 on: May 13, 2012, 06:43 PM »

Can't believe that I was shouting for Federer to win, but I really felt that it was more to Andy's advantage that Fed won, also can't stand Berdych and his dishonesty. As soon as Federer won the match I turned onto the golf as I knew we would have the stupid commentators drooling over Federer and then Federer drooling over himself! Now we can move onto Rome and see hopefully some good clay tennis. Fed and Berdy will now have adapt to the real stuff.
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: Madrid MS 2012 - Other Players « Reply #392 on: May 13, 2012, 06:46 PM »

I really enjoyed that match, very close and high quality tennis. I'd have liked Berdych to win but Fed definitely deserved it in the end - so many times he got himself out of tight situations in the third set.
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Madrid MS 2012 - Other Players « Reply #393 on: May 13, 2012, 06:53 PM »

I really enjoyed that match, very close and high quality tennis. I'd have liked Berdych to win but Fed definitely deserved it in the end - so many times he got himself out of tight situations in the third set.
Agree,  but I did find it interesting that Fed served for the 2 nd set and the match and didn't serve it out !!!! When Andy did that in Rome last year we didn't hear the end of it.
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Madrid MS 2012 - Other Players « Reply #394 on: May 13, 2012, 06:53 PM »

Same here deb. I switched the channel I could not bear another I am the greatest speech from Mr Smug. As I have no love for either of them arrogant pair they deserve each other.
   lmao
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Madrid MS 2012 - Other Players « Reply #395 on: May 13, 2012, 07:00 PM »

Agree,  but I did find it interesting that Fed served for the 2 nd set and the match and didn't serve it out !!!! When Andy did that in Rome last year we didn't hear the end of it.
Aye but difference was Andy went on to lose. And the media/pundits kept on going about it because he came so damn close to winning, but didn't actually win do it, and also the comeback factor from Djokovic. Would've been a bit of a non-story if he'd gone on to win anyway - like in Dubai earlier this year when he got broken back at 5-3 up (IIRC?) but went on to win the 2nd 7-5.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Madrid MS 2012 - Other Players « Reply #396 on: May 13, 2012, 07:27 PM »

So glad Fed won. A confident Bird Brain would be too much to bear, yapping at Andy's heels.
But Bird Brain is no simple ball basher. His ROS really troubled Fed and of all the big guys, he moves the best. When his serve is working, as Fed found in the first set, he wins.
So all those people who gave Andy such a hard time when he recently lost to BB might like to have a re-think?
IP Logged
BigNose
ATP Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: Madrid MS 2012 - Other Players « Reply #397 on: May 13, 2012, 07:30 PM »

Class prevails! Well done Fed. The big 4's stranglehold over the Master Series continues. Its hardly worth the rest of them turning up.
IP Logged
BigNose
ATP Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: Madrid MS 2012 - Other Players « Reply #398 on: May 13, 2012, 07:32 PM »

I was convinced Berdych would win that match after the first 3 games. Federer hadn't played a tournament for 44 days. But it tells me Berdych will never break into the top 4 and will never win a Slam. He gubbed everyone he played until Federer then ultimately came up short. Again.

Incidentally Berdych's girlfriend looks about 10 years younger then she did at the Paris Masters 7 months ago.
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: Madrid MS 2012 - Other Players « Reply #399 on: May 13, 2012, 07:33 PM »

^^Yep 4tune favours the brave.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Madrid MS 2012 - Other Players « Reply #400 on: May 13, 2012, 07:36 PM »

Dunno BigNose, he looks a bit good to me. Though he is two years older than our And. 
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: Madrid MS 2012 - Other Players « Reply #401 on: May 13, 2012, 07:38 PM »

^y.
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: Madrid MS 2012 - Other Players « Reply #402 on: May 13, 2012, 07:51 PM »

Yeah he did get nervous then - he definitely couldn't afford to do that against Rafa and get away with it. But he also got out of a couple of 0-30 situations in the third set which was a good effort.

I was convinced Berdych would win that match after the first 3 games. Federer hadn't played a tournament for 44 days. But it tells me Berdych will never break into the top 4 and will never win a Slam. He gubbed everyone he played until Federer then ultimately came up short. Again.

I agree, I don't think Berdych ultimately has the self-belief to win a slam. Today he played so well in the first set but couldn't maintain that level.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Madrid MS 2012 - Other Players « Reply #403 on: May 13, 2012, 08:10 PM »

So all those people who gave Andy such a hard time when he recently lost to BB might like to have a re-think?
Starting with Boogers and his scathing match report ... Whistle
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Madrid MS 2012 - Other Players « Reply #404 on: May 13, 2012, 09:20 PM »

Just watched a short on court interview with Fed, where he says he'll go to Rome, see how he feels, and decide whether he will play on Wednesday or not. Have also seen suggestions that he may have picked up a bit of an injury.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »