Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  Madrid MS 2012 - Other Players 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] Go Down Reply
Author

Madrid MS 2012 - Other Players

(Read 5237 times)
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: Madrid MS 2012 - Other Players « Reply #405 on: May 13, 2012, 09:24 PM »

Just watched a short on court interview with Fed, where he says he'll go to Rome, see how he feels, and decide whether he will play on Wednesday or not. Have also seen suggestions that he may have picked up a bit of an injury.

Shame! Whistle
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Madrid MS 2012 - Other Players « Reply #406 on: May 13, 2012, 11:46 PM »

Just watched a short on court interview with Fed, where he says he'll go to Rome, see how he feels, and decide whether he will play on Wednesday or not. Have also seen suggestions that he may have picked up a bit of an injury.
Not like Fed to pick up injuries.  If it's because of the slippery surface then the ATP really will have to sit up and listen!   Rolling Eyes  On the other hand maybe the poor old man could just be feeling a little tired after his first tournament for 5 weeks and just wants to save himself for RG.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Madrid MS 2012 - Other Players « Reply #407 on: May 14, 2012, 01:34 AM »

Fed has a poor record in Rome - only made 2 finals and lost both, I believe.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Madrid MS 2012 - Other Players « Reply #408 on: May 14, 2012, 02:07 AM »

I wasn't watching Sky, but apparently the comms there were making reference to a hip problem.  If so, that would be rich coming from a player who was so dismissive of other players' complaints about the slippery surface!  ESPN comms made no reference to it all though and Fed was moving extremely well round the court.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Madrid MS 2012 - Other Players « Reply #409 on: May 14, 2012, 05:57 PM »

So why on earth did you bring it up?

Del Potro is nothing like the smug, arrogant Berdych who gets pissed off at people because they accidentally hit them with a shot.

You still did not get it. It's by your own admission not so long ago that you tend to swing in that direction so the chances are far greater of you liking Berdych than not; that is, if he was from where you are now. It's the probability I am aiming at. But since I can't change the scenarios, I can't prove it to you but that doesn't change the logic. Maybe you wouldn’t be a fan but I don’t see you hating him to the point, where some people cheering for him would make you sick to your stomach either. No sir.  

DelPo is nothing like that smug? That’s just your opinion btw. I'd say most people became a fan of DelPo in 2009 after his heroic performance against Federer (those who hated Federer espeically) but I've known him for a very long time – as long as I know Andy and Nole in fact. He's highly competitive on court and doesn't mind pulling his own tactics in order to win the match. But why go so far back? Look at this very match for example, he whined like a complete dick over two line calls where he was clearly wrong and then he barely shook Berdych's hand and didn't bother to shake Umpire's hand at all. There's no benefit of the doubt on his part and assumed the umpire was totally wrong. Now, it's quite ironic how you go and say that's he's not all that when the very match is so telling of his jerky nature. But then again, no human being is above bias and you are human. Had Berdych done the same, I am sure we wouldn’t have heard the end of it. I expect people to be a bit more fair than that if nothing just for the sake of it.
[ Last edit by Emma Jean May 14, 2012, 06:07 PM ] IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Madrid MS 2012 - Other Players « Reply #410 on: May 14, 2012, 06:00 PM »

I think he just wants to be cautious. If he plays Rome then he may get a bit too drained because of back to back tournaments but then the draw in Rome looks tempting at the same time, so I guess he's debating about the whole thing. He’s a very smart person so I won’t be surprise if he chooses not to play Rome in the end.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Madrid MS 2012 - Other Players « Reply #411 on: May 15, 2012, 09:13 AM »

You still did not get it. It's by your own admission not so long ago that you tend to swing in that direction so the chances are far greater of you liking Berdych than not; that is, if he was from where you are now. It's the probability I am aiming at. But since I can't change the scenarios, I can't prove it to you but that doesn't change the logic. Maybe you wouldn’t be a fan but I don’t see you hating him to the point, where some people cheering for him would make you sick to your stomach either. No sir. 

DelPo is nothing like that smug? That’s just your opinion btw. I'd say most people became a fan of DelPo in 2009 after his heroic performance against Federer (those who hated Federer espeically) but I've known him for a very long time – as long as I know Andy and Nole in fact. He's highly competitive on court and doesn't mind pulling his own tactics in order to win the match. But why go so far back? Look at this very match for example, he whined like a complete dick over two line calls where he was clearly wrong and then he barely shook Berdych's hand and didn't bother to shake Umpire's hand at all. There's no benefit of the doubt on his part and assumed the umpire was totally wrong. Now, it's quite ironic how you go and say that's he's not all that when the very match is so telling of his jerky nature. But then again, no human being is above bias and you are human. Had Berdych done the same, I am sure we wouldn’t have heard the end of it. I expect people to be a bit more fair than that if nothing just for the sake of it.

If you're going to do that why not just pick up every single sportsmen I dislike and throw it out there if my opinion would be different if they were English/British? Why stop at Berdych?

Why throw irrelevant, hypothetical points like that out there in the first place? I still don't understand why you brought up in other than to spite for no genuine reason other than I support players that represent my country and you don't? You don't see my criticising you for not supporting Raonic.

As for Berdych, the main reason I dislike him is the arrogant smugness. Del Potro displays a bit more humility and comes across a bit shy in his interviews. As for the gamesmanship, many players display this these days (Djokovic and Nadal with their serves are prime examples). I don't like that aspect, but it doesn't make me dislike the player.
IP Logged
ak400
Futures Level

16 Grand Slams = peRFection

Re: Madrid MS 2012 - Other Players « Reply #412 on: May 15, 2012, 10:27 AM »

Fed has a poor record in Rome - only made 2 finals and lost both, I believe.

You are right! but he did have championship points in 2006 v Rafa that match to me was very significant in terms of their rivalry on Clay!
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: Madrid MS 2012 - Other Players « Reply #413 on: May 15, 2012, 11:21 AM »

You are right! but he did have championship points in 2006 v Rafa that match to me was very significant in terms of their rivalry on Clay!

I remember those points like they were yesterday. Fed had 15-40 on Rafa's serve. On the first one, he got a short ball and hit a FH approach about an inch long (or was it 2?).

#mustgetalife
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Madrid MS 2012 - Other Players « Reply #414 on: May 15, 2012, 02:48 PM »

If you're going to do that why not just pick up every single sportsmen I dislike and throw it out there if my opinion would be different if they were English/British? Why stop at Berdych?

Why throw irrelevant, hypothetical points like that out there in the first place? I still don't understand why you brought up in other than to spite for no genuine reason other than I support players that represent my country and you don't? You don't see my criticising you for not supporting Raonic.

As for Berdych, the main reason I dislike him is the arrogant smugness. Del Potro displays a bit more humility and comes across a bit shy in his interviews. As for the gamesmanship, many players display this these days (Djokovic and Nadal with their serves are prime examples). I don't like that aspect, but it doesn't make me dislike the player.

I brought it up because you said and I quote, "The cheering for Berdych makes me feel a little sick. Can't stand him. Come on Delboy."

I was cheering for Berdych around that time and your comment came right after. Typically I don't care who supports whom and who dislikes whom but that comment got me going for a bit, but I am well over it. 

And re: Delpo – I don’t see how that ^^ makes any difference when he’s a complete dickhead on court but I guess to each his/her own. Doesn't make it you right and me wrong though.     
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »