Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs David Ferrer, Saturday, Time: 2pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  Marat is Murat? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Reply
Author

Marat is Murat?

(Read 1522 times)
iaintheviolaplayer
ATP Level

Marat is Murat? « Reply #15 on: February 22, 2006, 02:17 PM »

i would join it as well.but anyway american is not actually english, its just annoyingly similar. actually funny story just occured to me.many years ago my grandma was sitting in a post office in LA and someone asked her where she was from.she replied scotland and the person told her that her english was excellent for a foreigner or something along those lines
IP Logged
arka
Marat is Murat? « Reply #16 on: February 22, 2006, 02:56 PM »

Thanks for the support for my campaign and yes davidB I think Ice Hockey is a cool game(not just literally).

Anyway there was a rumour once that is named after the French rev. figure Jean-Paul Marat but he himself debunked it.
Heres the chat transcript:
Interview With Marat Safin by Atptennis.com (http://www.safinator.com/july02.html)

Q. I read somewhere that your parents named you after the French revolution figure Jean-Paul Marat?

MARAT SAFIN: No, it's just a Muslim name. I think you know that I'm Muslim, you know, this religion. Yeah, that's why they call me because is Muslim name.

Q. Does the name mean something in Muslim?

MARAT SAFIN: Somebody told me, but I forget. I don't know. I don't know. Freedom. I don't know, something good for sure (laughter). Not French revolutionary. But I hope also because of him. Maybe because of him also. Maybe something it's a royalty (laughter).

Go to this link for more on him, his ethnicity and his religion, actually this is another forum(not as good ours though)

http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-2179.html
IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

Marat is Murat? « Reply #17 on: February 22, 2006, 09:31 PM »

roflmao Marat can be pretty funny at times!!
IP Logged
davidB
John McEnroe

If at first you don't succeed, you fail.

Marat is Murat? « Reply #18 on: February 22, 2006, 10:21 PM »

huh... they said he was named after that guy on national tv over here... KICK AMERICANISM!
IP Logged
Lina
Junior

Re: Marat is Murat? « Reply #19 on: February 23, 2006, 12:02 AM »

Quote from: "marvin"
Het i heard that Marat is muslim shocking and not only is marat muslim but he is also a turk. yes, tatars are turks, just like uzbeks and kazakhs and turkmens and chechens etc. marat is a turkish name, it is derived from murat. for those of you who follow soccer, turkish striker ilhan mansiz is also tatar.Does anyone knows something about it??

yeah and he's a practising muslim... when he can.
Minus Ramadan xP
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »