Home Login Register
MurraysWorld  >  Tennis Talk  >  Marat is Murat?
Pages: 1 [2] Reply

Marat is Murat?

i would join it as well.but anyway american is not actually english, its just annoyingly similar. actually funny story just occured to me.many years ago my grandma was sitting in a post office in LA and someone asked her where she was from.she replied scotland and the person told her that her english was excellent for a foreigner or something along those lines
IP Logged
arka

Thanks for the support for my campaign and yes davidB I think Ice Hockey is a cool game(not just literally).

Anyway there was a rumour once that is named after the French rev. figure Jean-Paul Marat but he himself debunked it.
Heres the chat transcript:
Interview With Marat Safin by Atptennis.com (http://www.safinator.com/july02.html)

Q. I read somewhere that your parents named you after the French revolution figure Jean-Paul Marat?

MARAT SAFIN: No, it's just a Muslim name. I think you know that I'm Muslim, you know, this religion. Yeah, that's why they call me because is Muslim name.

Q. Does the name mean something in Muslim?

MARAT SAFIN: Somebody told me, but I forget. I don't know. I don't know. Freedom. I don't know, something good for sure (laughter). Not French revolutionary. But I hope also because of him. Maybe because of him also. Maybe something it's a royalty (laughter).

Go to this link for more on him, his ethnicity and his religion, actually this is another forum(not as good ours though)

http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-2179.html
IP Logged

roflmao Marat can be pretty funny at times!!
IP Logged

huh... they said he was named after that guy on national tv over here... KICK AMERICANISM!
IP Logged

Quote from: "marvin"
Het i heard that Marat is muslim shocking and not only is marat muslim but he is also a turk. yes, tatars are turks, just like uzbeks and kazakhs and turkmens and chechens etc. marat is a turkish name, it is derived from murat. for those of you who follow soccer, turkish striker ilhan mansiz is also tatar.Does anyone knows something about it??

yeah and he's a practising muslim... when he can.
Minus Ramadan xP
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] Reply