Andy Murray vs Robin Haase, Thursday, Time TBA - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld  >  Tennis Talk  >  Mauresmo wins Australian Open
Pages: 1 [2] Reply

Mauresmo wins Australian Open

I'm glad she won it, its about time she had a Grand Slam title.  And it said that Henin was playing for her 5th, now thats just greedy against someone whos never had one lol.
IP Logged

Shame it was such a big anticlimax.  At least Mauresmo finally won a Grand Slam, even if it was by default.
IP Logged

Just want to say well done Amelie for winning your first Slam. I hope it'll be the first of many! Smile

But of course it's not how Amelie WANTED to win, and I feel sorry for that. But I think you have to say you can only play what you're presented with. It's totally unfair that people are saying it's not a legitimate Slam win - It's just not her fault, and I feel she would of won anyway because she looked totally focused out there, in control.

I feel sorry for Justine as well. It's totally unfair that people are saying all these bad things about her. She was ill. It's not nice - I've experienced severe stomach pains and sickness, and I couldn't even contemplate going out and running around. So I say - well done Justine for even going out there. Anyone could see that she was in pain, not well, and totally lacking in energy. Nobody likes to pull out of a match - particularly a Slam Final - and it's a great dissapointment for Justine. If she could of carried on THEN SHE WOULD HAVE DONE!

And I noticed on another message board that people were dragging up this thing about the 2003 French Open Final with Henin-Hardenne. For one thing, it was 3 years ago, and secondly it didn't even matter anyway. As I remember Serena went on to win that service game. It's important that both players are ready for a point.

So well done Amelie. I feel really great for you! I'm sure it's the first of more to come. Don't let anyone take this moment away from you!

Also  - "get well soon Justine." I'm sure we'll see you back competing at the highest level soon!

Dan
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] Reply