Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Jurgen Melzer, Wednesday, Time TBA - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  Mauresmo wins Australian Open 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Reply
Author

Mauresmo wins Australian Open

(Read 1315 times)
Quackers
Murraymaniac

Mauresmo wins Australian Open « Reply #15 on: January 28, 2006, 06:04 PM »

I'm glad she won it, its about time she had a Grand Slam title.  And it said that Henin was playing for her 5th, now thats just greedy against someone whos never had one lol.
IP Logged
Josh
Seed

Mauresmo wins Australian Open « Reply #16 on: January 28, 2006, 06:35 PM »

Shame it was such a big anticlimax.  At least Mauresmo finally won a Grand Slam, even if it was by default.
IP Logged
Tennis-Player
ATP Level

Mauresmo wins Australian Open « Reply #17 on: January 28, 2006, 06:57 PM »

Just want to say well done Amelie for winning your first Slam. I hope it'll be the first of many! Smile

But of course it's not how Amelie WANTED to win, and I feel sorry for that. But I think you have to say you can only play what you're presented with. It's totally unfair that people are saying it's not a legitimate Slam win - It's just not her fault, and I feel she would of won anyway because she looked totally focused out there, in control.

I feel sorry for Justine as well. It's totally unfair that people are saying all these bad things about her. She was ill. It's not nice - I've experienced severe stomach pains and sickness, and I couldn't even contemplate going out and running around. So I say - well done Justine for even going out there. Anyone could see that she was in pain, not well, and totally lacking in energy. Nobody likes to pull out of a match - particularly a Slam Final - and it's a great dissapointment for Justine. If she could of carried on THEN SHE WOULD HAVE DONE!

And I noticed on another message board that people were dragging up this thing about the 2003 French Open Final with Henin-Hardenne. For one thing, it was 3 years ago, and secondly it didn't even matter anyway. As I remember Serena went on to win that service game. It's important that both players are ready for a point.

So well done Amelie. I feel really great for you! I'm sure it's the first of more to come. Don't let anyone take this moment away from you!

Also  - "get well soon Justine." I'm sure we'll see you back competing at the highest level soon!

Dan
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »