Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  Milos Raonic 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 15 Go Down Reply
Author

Milos Raonic

(Read 5375 times)
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: Milos Raonic « Reply #15 on: January 08, 2012, 10:07 PM »

Thank you kindly...A lot of people would disagree but hey ho. hug
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: Milos Raonic « Reply #16 on: January 08, 2012, 10:13 PM »

Thank you kindly...A lot of people would disagree but hey ho. hug
Aye... Rolling Eyes  hehe!  hug
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Re: Milos Raonic « Reply #17 on: January 08, 2012, 10:30 PM »

Funny that, was going to text shut it Elly ,Mark  e.c.t. at the end of my last msg....and who pops up.....how is it going coolest as beans?
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: Milos Raonic « Reply #18 on: January 08, 2012, 10:33 PM »

Just saying, he looks older than his age.....having said that, I am getting my eyes checked soon for reading glasses so will see what garbage I've been writing in the past.
This bodes well for us on MW in the future then Robbie? shocking
Just joking w00t
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Re: Milos Raonic « Reply #19 on: January 08, 2012, 10:43 PM »

^Oh how I laughed. Whistle
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: Milos Raonic « Reply #20 on: January 08, 2012, 10:43 PM »

Funny that, was going to text shut it Elly ,Mark  e.c.t. at the end of my last msg....and who pops up.....how is it going coolest as beans?
It's going grand, chuck, ta.  Great to see Andy in winning ways.  Foos your doos?
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: Milos Raonic « Reply #21 on: January 08, 2012, 11:01 PM »

This result has brought a lot of haters out in force in another not-to-be-mentioned forum......the boy is getting some attention!

I like Milos, a very unassuming young man with good work ethics.  His training facilities are pathetic.  Sounds like someone else eh?

I admit his game is not the most exciting (although this match was), but his serve is just a master-class, and his forehand is becoming quite the weapon.  He is fit, still learning, and there is much scope for improvement.

It sounds very exciting when I read the report. I first saw him 2 years ago and thought he was a promising youngster.

One to watch, definately.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Give me your JMac, Henman, Cash & 2 balls.

Re: Milos Raonic « Reply #22 on: January 09, 2012, 12:15 AM »

yayyyy Milos  replay being shown here this afternoon , gonna watch  Smile

Hey .... its on Sports Network right now if you get this in time. (7.15pm)
IP Logged
ak400
Futures Level

16 Grand Slams = peRFection

Re: Milos Raonic « Reply #23 on: January 09, 2012, 12:20 AM »

Great serve but I do not agree with the comparision that I have heard made between him and Sampras, I think this guy will make the top 20 but he is IMHO too one dimensional to be a Slam winner i could be proved wrong though but I do not think his movement or returns are good enough to win a major as things stand.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Give me your JMac, Henman, Cash & 2 balls.

Re: Milos Raonic « Reply #24 on: January 09, 2012, 02:03 AM »

Haven't read/heard anything about comparison to Sampras.. if I get a chance tomorrow I will read all the press reports.
My opinions are based purely on my own personal observations.
Did you watch the match?  It was really good.  Milos showed nerves of steel during 2nd set tie-break to force a 3rd set.  He sure showed more than one dimension during this match.. although I also think he's not Slam material as things stand... but hey....look at what happened for DelPo!
I also got chance to hear him commentate during the Canadian Rogers Cup Tournie last year, and I was really impressed by his take on other players, very savvy... I think he will fly under the radar.
[ Last edit by scotnadian January 09, 2012, 02:09 AM ] IP Logged
ak400
Futures Level

16 Grand Slams = peRFection

Re: Milos Raonic « Reply #25 on: January 09, 2012, 02:30 AM »

Haven't read/heard anything about comparison to Sampras.. if I get a chance tomorrow I will read all the press reports.
My opinions are based purely on my own personal observations.
Did you watch the match?  It was really good.  Milos showed nerves of steel during 2nd set tie-break to force a 3rd set.  He sure showed more than one dimension during this match.. although I also think he's not Slam material as things stand... but hey....look at what happened for DelPo!
I also got chance to hear him commentate during the Canadian Rogers Cup Tournie last year, and I was really impressed by his take on other players, very savvy... I think he will fly under the radar.

I think you make a fair point, and just because I do not think he is complete enough as it stands doesnt mean he wont be, I will find the articles, but when he played an Exho v Pete there were many comparisons made between his game and that of Sampras!

I saw bits of the match and he was impressive I thought he was impressive all week to be fair, he didnt get broken all week thats a very good stat, no one has done that since Roger at the Gerry Weber Open back in 2008, so he has plenty to work with and as you say he seems a humble guy so he is certainly good for the game, I prefer him to Ryan Harrison who comes over a bit too cocky for my liking.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Milos Raonic « Reply #26 on: January 09, 2012, 07:22 AM »

Not my kind of tennis, Raonic I mean , not Fed. Thought match extremely boring- unreturnable serve after unreturnable serve.
Actually felt sorry for Tipsaravic - yikes. shocking
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: Milos Raonic « Reply #27 on: January 09, 2012, 08:51 AM »

Not my kind of tennis, Raonic I mean , not Fed. Thought match extremely boring- unreturnable serve after unreturnable serve.
Actually felt sorry for Tipsaravic - yikes. shocking
Put like that, it does sound boring.

He apparently trained a lot using a ball machine and was told that was his forte to build on for the future. Maybe he's turned into a serving machine himself.
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: Milos Raonic « Reply #28 on: January 09, 2012, 08:55 AM »

Raonic had 35 aces which speaks for itself and THREE tiebreakers with Tipsy. Mind boggling w00t
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Milos Raonic « Reply #29 on: January 09, 2012, 09:47 AM »

American players just seem to be turned into serving machines, to the detriment of the rest of their game. You've gotta ask why Shrug
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 15 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »