Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  Novak Djokovic 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 29 Go Down Reply
Author

Novak Djokovic

(Read 16687 times)
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Novak Djokovic « Reply #105 on: April 09, 2013, 09:29 PM »

10-30 days rest is what he's been prescribed. I doubt he'll risk Monte Carlo in 6 days, but he should be fit by Madrid in 27 days.
[ Last edit by TheMadHatter April 10, 2013, 02:54 AM ] IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Novak Djokovic « Reply #106 on: April 09, 2013, 09:44 PM »

I'm pretty sure Andy can cope.  Very Happy

I agree. and think some Andy fans need to be a bit less sensitive!

As for Djoko, I hope he recovers quickly, but find all this putting his country first a bit nauseating. If he's seriously injured, then he's surely daft to carry on? But apart from that, he should be playing for Monte Carlo, along with Berdych, Cilic, Raonic and Tomic, while Swiss "residents" Tsonga, Gasquet, Simon, Benneteau should be playing alongside Fed, Wawrinka or whoever for Switzerland. I loved the personal stories of the GB boys at Davis Cup this weekend, but it all seems a bit contrived really. 
IP Logged
mina

Re: Novak Djokovic « Reply #107 on: April 09, 2013, 10:51 PM »

bad news for nole , he should withdraws from monte carlo if it requires that , hope he is ok later
IP Logged
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: Novak Djokovic « Reply #108 on: April 10, 2013, 07:34 AM »

I hope he is sensible about this.  He can afford to lose a few points.  The way he plays he needs to take great care of his ankles.  He always put so much strain on his joints.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Novak Djokovic « Reply #109 on: April 10, 2013, 05:30 PM »

Well, who knows. Probably best to avoid Nadal before RG anyway. I definitely think he'll be ready for RG at least.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Novak Djokovic « Reply #110 on: April 11, 2013, 11:22 AM »

I've just said this on another thread, but I thought Djokovic had said that he would probably be all right for MC, that the injury wasn't as bad as he first thought, or have I missed something again?
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Novak Djokovic « Reply #111 on: April 11, 2013, 03:45 PM »

I've just said this on another thread, but I thought Djokovic had said that he would probably be all right for MC, that the injury wasn't as bad as he first thought, or have I missed something again?
The official MRI scan showed it wasn't serious but he was prescribed 'rest and therapy' for 10-30 days.

If he opts to play Monte Carlo it will be against the advice of his doctor.
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: Novak Djokovic « Reply #112 on: April 11, 2013, 03:47 PM »

The official MRI scan showed it wasn't serious but he was prescribed 'rest and therapy' for 10-30 days.

If he opts to play Monte Carlo it will be against the advice of his doctor.

With Ferrer now out and Nole on a limb Andy and Rafa could lead the field.
IP Logged
benniebone
ATP Level

Re: Novak Djokovic « Reply #113 on: April 11, 2013, 04:42 PM »

I'm sorry Djokovic is injured I want Andy to win with a full complement of competitors present so that his critics cannot say he won because x,y and z were injured.
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
Seed

Re: Novak Djokovic « Reply #114 on: April 11, 2013, 05:08 PM »

I'm sorry Djokovic is injured I want Andy to win with a full complement of competitors present so that his critics cannot say he won because x,y and z were injured.

Good point - though the way some talk about Andy I doubt it would matter if he beat everyone in the top 10 plus some of the past greats all in one tournament plying left handed, blindfolded , on a 4 surface court.(on his side only) They'd still find something to criticise! I'd say rise above it - but it would just bring robbie and gangsta running  :p . Think I'll take it one match at a time and enjoy the ride (and sunshine and med views - going a cruise in July that stops in Monte Carlo so will enjoy the preview tho have been before. Lovely!)
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Novak Djokovic « Reply #115 on: April 11, 2013, 05:58 PM »

I see Nole skipping MC. And Madrid too.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Novak Djokovic « Reply #116 on: April 11, 2013, 06:22 PM »

I agree. and think some Andy fans need to be a bit less sensitive!

As for Djoko, I hope he recovers quickly, but find all this putting his country first a bit nauseating. If he's seriously injured, then he's surely daft to carry on? But apart from that, he should be playing for Monte Carlo, along with Berdych, Cilic, Raonic and Tomic, while Swiss "residents" Tsonga, Gasquet, Simon, Benneteau should be playing alongside Fed, Wawrinka or whoever for Switzerland. I loved the personal stories of the GB boys at Davis Cup this weekend, but it all seems a bit contrived really. 

good point Elena.  In one of the recent articles about Andy - I forget which - the author had a little side swipe at Nole, pointing out how the great patriot makes sure Serbia doesn't get the benefit of his taxes.    I knew about some of the French tax exiles in Switzerland but hadn't realised just how many tennis players now 'live' in Monaco.
IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: Novak Djokovic « Reply #117 on: April 11, 2013, 06:34 PM »

With Ferrer now out and Nole on a limb Andy and Rafa could lead the field.

What's up with ferrer ?
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: Novak Djokovic « Reply #118 on: April 11, 2013, 06:35 PM »

What's up with ferrer ?

Thigh problems.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Give me your JMac, Henman, Cash & 2 balls.

Re: Novak Djokovic « Reply #119 on: April 11, 2013, 06:36 PM »

What's up with ferrer ?
Andy wore him out in Miami.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 29 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »