Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  Novak Djokovic 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 29 Go Down Reply
Author

Novak Djokovic

(Read 13166 times)
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: Novak Djokovic « Reply #120 on: April 11, 2013, 06:37 PM »

Thanks hadn't heard about that.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Novak Djokovic « Reply #121 on: April 11, 2013, 06:41 PM »

Andy wore him out in Miami.

It is the survival of the fittest and the wisest after all. Besides, Ferrer is almost 31.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Novak Djokovic « Reply #122 on: April 11, 2013, 06:46 PM »

Is he still cramping from Miami?
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Novak Djokovic « Reply #123 on: April 11, 2013, 06:54 PM »

Andy is such a boss.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Novak Djokovic « Reply #124 on: April 11, 2013, 07:12 PM »

He did have his thigh (right one?) messaged a couple of times in the 3rd set. Did Andy not complain about it? The match was long but if you think about it, they have both played longer matches in the past. Ferrer wasn’t looking particularly goo this year anyway.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Novak Djokovic « Reply #125 on: April 11, 2013, 09:45 PM »

Andy is such a boss.
When you think about it, he has a good record of knackering the most physical players in the sport.

USO 2008 vs Rafa, had him bent over clutching his knees whilst gasping for breath after a huge rally to earn match point.
USO 2012 vs Novak - Djokovic absolutely ****** by the end of that 5th set, could barely move.
Miami 2013 vs Ferrer - physically collapsed from cramp.

There's so little between the four of them in terms of endurance, but does Andy just edge it?
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: Novak Djokovic « Reply #126 on: April 11, 2013, 09:47 PM »

When you think about it, he has a good record of knackering the most physical players in the sport.

USO 2008 vs Rafa, had him bent over on his knees after a huge rally to earn match point.
USO 2012 vs Novak - Djokovic absolutely ****** by the end of that 5th set, could barely move.

There's so little between the four of them in terms of endurance, but does Andy just edge it?
Sure hoping so - slowly, slowly catchy monkey...
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Novak Djokovic « Reply #127 on: April 11, 2013, 09:47 PM »

USO 2008 vs Rafa, had him bent over clutching his knees whilst gasping for breath after a huge rally to earn match point.

Barring the blisters, I'd say yes.
IP Logged
CoolDude
Futures Level

us open champion 2012

Re: Novak Djokovic « Reply #128 on: April 19, 2013, 04:25 PM »

Marijan Vajda on Sky Sports today in an interview this morning that Novak Djokovic had dislocated a bone in his ankle.

Frown Stop playing Novak you need rest
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Novak Djokovic « Reply #129 on: April 19, 2013, 04:31 PM »

Well he's on court right now and comm has just mentioned that, but says surely Djoko wouldn't risk the next two Masters and possibly RG if he thought the injury was going to be aggravated, so Shrug 
IP Logged
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: Novak Djokovic « Reply #130 on: April 21, 2013, 07:13 AM »

Have just been looking up dislocated ankle bones and it seems it is a longterm recovery with the ankle in a cast or well strapped and rested for a long time to avoid recurrence.  How can Nole be playing like that?  If he is it does seem a bit stupid to risk further injury just to play in Monaco.  He would also be risking his future playing tennis.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Novak Djokovic « Reply #131 on: April 21, 2013, 07:08 PM »

I don't understand it either tamila and the comms seem a little perplexed as well.  All Djoko will say is that his ankle is still painful but that the pain is easing despite playing matches, which doesn't sound like the injury is a problem.  Also there's nothing wrong with his movement round the court, certainly not from the way he was running around it today.

However given that the dislocation information was given out second hand (I think by his coach) has something got a bit lost in translation? 
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: Novak Djokovic « Reply #132 on: April 21, 2013, 07:18 PM »

Could Djokovic yet go down as the GOAT?
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: Novak Djokovic « Reply #133 on: April 21, 2013, 07:19 PM »

When Nole's coach was interviewed I thought he said it was a dislocation of a bone in his foot and that the physios had put it back. Having watched how he has been moving on the court yesterday and today I don't think there is much wrong with his ankle, foot or anywhere else. I often wonder if there are not mind games played by the Nole camp.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Novak Djokovic « Reply #134 on: April 21, 2013, 07:24 PM »

When Nole's coach was interviewed I thought he said it was a dislocation of a bone in his foot and that the physios had put it back. Having watched how he has been moving on the court yesterday and today I don't think there is much wrong with his ankle, foot or anywhere else. I often wonder if there are not mind games played by the Nole camp.
In fairness there's absolutely no doubt that he did twist his ankle during that DC match but he was able to go on playing, which doesn't suggest a dislocation.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 29 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »