Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  Novak Djokovic 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 29 Go Down Reply
Author

Novak Djokovic

(Read 17083 times)
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Novak Djokovic « Reply #165 on: April 24, 2013, 12:20 PM »

Perhaps the merits of different gfs could have a different thread....so I can avoid it Rolling Eyes
Good article gnomey. Rafa has been on the pro circuit for an astonishingly long time. Given the way he plays I'm amazed he is still at the top of the heap.
But u gotta ask, how much longer?
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Novak Djokovic « Reply #166 on: April 24, 2013, 01:32 PM »

Good article gnomey. Rafa has been on the pro circuit for an astonishingly long time. Given the way he plays I'm amazed he is still at the top of the heap.
But u gotta ask, how much longer?

I've given up trying to predict that with him (and Federer),to be honest!
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Novak Djokovic « Reply #167 on: April 24, 2013, 04:36 PM »

D'you think Kim's plain then EJ?I've always thought she's a very beautiful girl.Jelena too,though in a different way.

Though I guess that just shows how differently we all see everything!For example,do any of you know the actor Kellan Lutz?I was completely in love with him for about a year when I was 16.My best friend couldn't see the attraction,and I couldn't see why she couldn't see it lol!

I don't think Kim falls under either the conventional or traditional beauty. You know how there’s a universal truth about everything and I don’t think it’s that with either one of them. But it doesn’t matter since the beauty lies in the eye of the beholder and in fact, a great personality makes you even more beautiful, so who knows how they are in person. 

I know of Kellan Lutz but it’s impossible for me to have a crush on anyone, simply because I am more into personality, intelligence etc. and there’s no way of knowing that without knowing the person personally first.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Novak Djokovic « Reply #168 on: April 24, 2013, 04:38 PM »

I've given up trying to predict that with him (and Federer),to be honest!

They are both very consistent players and so the decline is also quite gradual. Had they had a much higher competitive field back then (2003-2007), I am sure they both would have seen a far rapid decline by now.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Novak Djokovic « Reply #169 on: April 24, 2013, 04:57 PM »

D'you think Kim's plain then EJ?I've always thought she's a very beautiful girl.Jelena too,though in a different way.

Though I guess that just shows how differently we all see everything!For example,do any of you know the actor Kellan Lutz?I was completely in love with him for about a year when I was 16.My best friend couldn't see the attraction,and I couldn't see why she couldn't see it lol!

Kellen Lutz? vomit

Sorry! Not my type.
IP Logged
flowerpower
Challenger Level

Let your racket do the talking

Re: Novak Djokovic « Reply #170 on: May 29, 2013, 10:30 AM »

http://nos.nl/video/511003-djokovic-rolmodel-uit-servie.html

This interview took 18 months before the Dutch television could finally talk with Djokovic...

A nice video and interview of Nole about the influence of difficult periods in his life during the wars. Always nice to see the dedication as a young kid wich seems to be necessary te be on the top . Nole as a kid, his former trainer tells (6.30) how they practise on very young age how to kiss the Wimbledon cup (!) , and how to greet the queen. Also is mentioned he has his own tennisschool.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Novak Djokovic « Reply #171 on: May 30, 2013, 07:46 PM »

This is good check out Andy's question lol

IP Logged
janetx
Challenger Level

Re: Novak Djokovic « Reply #172 on: May 30, 2013, 08:51 PM »

^ excellent ha ha - thanks for posting. Smile
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Novak Djokovic « Reply #173 on: May 31, 2013, 12:12 AM »

I like it when they have fun things like that - and I loved Cilic's question about the donkey cheese!
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Novak Djokovic « Reply #174 on: May 31, 2013, 08:39 AM »

I love that, they should do that sort of thing a bit more, it's fun.

I love Andy's question and the answer is even better! Gasquet's gone up in my estimation too lol.

Fancy Gilles Simon asking Novak if he wanted the socks back!

Lovely stuff.
IP Logged
flowerpower
Challenger Level

Re: Novak Djokovic « Reply #175 on: June 04, 2013, 07:40 PM »

http://nos.nl/video/511003-djokovic-rolmodel-uit-servie.html

This interview took 18 months before the Dutch television could finally talk with Djokovic...

A nice video and interview of Nole about the influence of difficult periods in his life during the wars. Always nice to see the dedication as a young kid wich seems to be necessary te be on the top . Nole as a kid, his former trainer tells (6.30) how they practise on very young age how to kiss the Wimbledon cup (!) , and how to greet the queen. Also is mentioned he has his own tennisschool.

His former coach (when he was a little kid), Jelena Gencic, died this weekend. In this video she s interviewed from 1.40
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Novak Djokovic « Reply #176 on: June 04, 2013, 08:29 PM »

His former coach (when he was a little kid), Jelena Gencic, died this weekend. In this video she s interviewed from 1.40
Thanks flowerpower.  I don't understand either Serbian or Dutch, but she looks like a lovely person and her enthusiasm for tennis still comes across.  No wonder Djokovic will miss her so much.
IP Logged
flowerpower
Challenger Level

Re: Novak Djokovic « Reply #177 on: June 04, 2013, 09:12 PM »

I'm sorry, let's give it a try:

She shows a video with a quote from a pride little Nole: “Before I could write or read I could play tennis “…
She tells about the first time they met when he was 5 or 6 years old: D. waited 4 hours because he wanted to join them to play tennis.
Later on 6.13 : “we have practiced how to hold de cup in the case he would win Wimbledon.
How to great the queen and princess. We did that when he was 7,8 years old, never too young to start with that!  He did use my cups for this. At home he made his own cups from cardboard”.
“”I took care for a balance between working very hard and play.”

Nole has also a nice one at the end: Pressure is a privilege… But that part is in Enlglish….
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Novak Djokovic « Reply #178 on: June 04, 2013, 10:19 PM »

Thanks for the translation. Smile   I'm just correcting your English a little, so hope you don't mind, but in the first line it should be 'from a proud little Nole'.  'Pride' is a noun, 'proud' is an adjective.
[ Last edit by Aileen June 05, 2013, 03:44 AM ] IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Novak Djokovic « Reply #179 on: June 04, 2013, 10:44 PM »

This is so lovely,but so sad Very Sad

http://www.thetennisspace.com/novak-djokovics-letter-to-jelena-gencic/
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 29 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »