Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  Novak Djokovic 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 29 Go Down Reply
Author

Novak Djokovic

(Read 14554 times)
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: Novak Djokovic « Reply #210 on: July 12, 2013, 03:01 AM »

IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Novak Djokovic « Reply #211 on: July 12, 2013, 04:12 AM »

Thanks Gnome.  I can just hear the cynics saying that, given what Nole has achieved, it's easy to be gracious in defeat, but that speech sounds genuinely sincere to me.
IP Logged
tomthoms
Murraymaniac

Re: Novak Djokovic « Reply #212 on: July 12, 2013, 05:59 AM »

Djoker is a legend, as is Andy.

Proud to be a fan of both.

You can add me to that list too. I don't care what he wears or how he wears it, I just like Djokovic the player and the man.
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: Novak Djokovic « Reply #213 on: July 12, 2013, 09:06 AM »

I think one of the issues with Djokovic is that he is an appauling winner - completely over the top, and in your face. However to counter balance that he is probably the most graceful loser of them all. There is no bitterness or tantrums. Just the other guy played better. I also think, like the majority of the players he knows just how much pressure Murray gets at Wimbledon, and was pleased for him to get rid of it.

When they were giving their speeches, I had this vision of Murray and Djokovic talking, and joking with each other during a Wimbledon in about 20 years time, when they are the sage ex champions brought on to pontificate - just like McEnroe and Becker do now.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Novak Djokovic « Reply #214 on: July 12, 2013, 09:13 AM »

.......and me! I still hope Andy will continue to beat him as often as possible though, but if Djoko's playing anyone else, I'll be rooting for him!
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Novak Djokovic « Reply #215 on: July 12, 2013, 04:32 PM »

You can add me to that list too. I don't care what he wears or how he wears it, I just like Djokovic the player and the man.
I second that, and I wonder just how many people realise what he has done to help under-privileged children in Serbia, which is not a wealthy country, to realise their own dreams and ambitions through his own Foundation, something for which he has received numerous awards, including The Centrepoint Great Britain Youth Inspiration Award which was presented to him by its patron, Prince William.  Nole doesn't just give out help financially, he's very much a hands-on person - but then he knows what he had to go through when he was a youngster to achieve his.  He's even joked that the conflicts his country was involved in often meant that schooling was suspended because of the bombings, something which gave him more time to play tennis.
IP Logged
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: Novak Djokovic « Reply #216 on: July 12, 2013, 04:39 PM »

I think that what they have achieved considering their starts, especially Nole, is wonderful.  I do not know much about Fed's live but I ma sure he has not had face the difficulties these two have.  Rafa had to work very hard but his actual family life was ok.  I do think that he suffered with Uncle Toni but he did not have to leave home or face shootings or bombs as a child.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Novak Djokovic « Reply #217 on: July 12, 2013, 05:13 PM »

I think that what they have achieved considering their starts, especially Nole, is wonderful.  I do not know much about Fed's live but I ma sure he has not had face the difficulties these two have.  Rafa had to work very hard but his actual family life was ok.  I do think that he suffered with Uncle Toni but he did not have to leave home or face shootings or bombs as a child.
Fed came from quite a privileged background where I don't think money was a problem, but as he's never talked about it we don't know what difficulties he might have faced, especially as his mother is South African, so the fact that his parents are mixed race might have caused a few personal issues.
IP Logged
dex
Futures Level

Re: Novak Djokovic « Reply #218 on: July 15, 2013, 04:10 PM »

I am the same, I support Djokovic when he plays anyone but Andy, but I also like Del Potro when he plays anyone but Andy and Djokovic. Then my next is Tsonga!
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: Novak Djokovic « Reply #219 on: July 22, 2013, 07:06 PM »

Aww so cute, and also so competitive at such a young age, i guess this is why children this gifted always rise to the top

IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: Novak Djokovic « Reply #220 on: July 22, 2013, 07:08 PM »

Jeezo - you'd never not know who that was, would you?  Just a younger wee face!  Very Happy
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: Novak Djokovic « Reply #221 on: July 22, 2013, 07:15 PM »

Jeezo - you'd never not know who that was, would you?  Just a younger wee face!  Very Happy

lol yeah, same with Andy aswell, there's a common theme when i watch these stars at such a young age, you can see the frustration they must feel of knowing they are destined to be future tennis pros but feel trapped in their little bodies that are unable to do what their heads are asking them to do Smile
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Novak Djokovic « Reply #222 on: July 22, 2013, 08:20 PM »

Aww so cute, and also so competitive at such a young age, i guess this is why children this gifted always rise to the top
Reminded me of myself when I first started playing tennis at age 8. Whistle 

Seriously I agree with you.  Little Nole was throwing a hissy fit, and his racquet, a couple of times when he hit a duff shot, and he didn't like being beaten either.  I did notice though that the beginnings of the now familiar grunt were in evidence!
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Novak Djokovic « Reply #223 on: July 23, 2013, 06:51 AM »

Fed came from quite a privileged background where I don't think money was a problem, but as he's never talked about it we don't know what difficulties he might have faced, especially as his mother is South African, so the fact that his parents are mixed race might have caused a few personal issues.

Mixed race? His ma is white.
Tsonga is "mixed race."
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Novak Djokovic « Reply #224 on: July 23, 2013, 06:49 PM »

Mixed race? His ma is white.
Tsonga is "mixed race."
OK - mixed nationality then.  Also his mother may be white but white South Africans have problems of their own - remember Apartheid?
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 29 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »