Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  PseudoFed 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 132 Go Down Reply
Author

PseudoFed

(Read 58182 times)
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: PseudoFed « Reply #105 on: July 20, 2012, 11:40 AM »

goodjob  Thanks, just watched it, albiet slow and intermittent.  Love the that drink was on me and Andy Murray can only win when something falls out of the sky and squishes me. Very Happy
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: PseudoFed « Reply #106 on: July 20, 2012, 02:42 PM »

I see PseudoFed has also rewritten Kipling's poem:

Priceless, absolutely priceless!
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: PseudoFed « Reply #107 on: July 20, 2012, 02:54 PM »

Only just discovered Fed had the trainer AND the doctor out for a back injury.  I'm trying not to laugh though ... poor Fed ... Very Happy

Well here's me, a church-goer, and I nearly died laughing. I'm still trying to work out if it makes me a bad person!
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: PseudoFed « Reply #108 on: July 20, 2012, 03:03 PM »

Well here's me, a church-goer, and I nearly died laughing. I'm still trying to work out if it makes me a bad person!
  No, it makes you a well-balanced one! Not a genuine misfortune, so don't expect you'll  be going to hell for that.  innocent
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: PseudoFed « Reply #109 on: July 20, 2012, 03:08 PM »

How can the mainstream media not see this?!

I mean, after winning 16 slams, an unbelievable feat, I can understand being arrogant, but the fact that the media crucify Murray's personality, who is one of the most unassuming, humble players out there is baffling! Not only that, but Federer is praised for his 'gentlemanly conduct'.

The disturbing thing for me is that he keeps winning those sportsmanship awards. How on earth can that happen when he says the things he does. I know some would say that sportsmanship applies to what goes on on the court (well even that is dubious with Federer) but doesn't is also apply to how a player conducts themselves in interviews and such, and how they behave towards other players in general?

Honestly, if Andy said even half the stuff that Federer has spouted there would be such an outcry, but Federer gets away with it.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: PseudoFed « Reply #110 on: July 20, 2012, 03:14 PM »

Posted yesterday, but an absolute gem.

Fed or PseudoFed?

"I thought I played great out there today. It was a big occasion for Mikhail. My game suits up well against his. He fought hard but maybe it wasn't enough, and I'm extremely happy to be in the semis at Wimbledon. I think it helps when royalty shows up and other legends of the game see me play. It's inspiring. I'm happy they all came and supported me. Novak has to finish the third set, but I'd love to play Novak next. I don't think I've played him at Wimbledon, so hopefully it wil be a nice match."
It was the real Roger Federer, speaking to BBC TV's Rishi Persad straight after the match

I'm surprised PF didn't pick up on this. I can't help reading it with capital Ms

You really couldn't make it up, could you?

Mind you, I do wonder about him when retirement beckons (please God, soon!). I get the feeling he may well end up not being the nicest person to be around. I mean, what will he do with all that ego and no outlet for it?

It almost makes me feel sorry for Mirka, even if she does drive me bonkers with all the chewing.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: PseudoFed « Reply #111 on: July 20, 2012, 03:44 PM »

roflmao  Just been catching up with the latest from PsueodFed.  "I have a dream" ... absolutely brilliant!
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: PseudoFed « Reply #112 on: July 21, 2012, 04:27 PM »

priceless. 
Like tj what I find most irritating is the way he gets feted as an ambassador for the game, role model etc and then wins these sportsmanship awards when he's a lousy sportsman.  All this just feeds his eternal smugness.  Viva pseudofed!
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: PseudoFed « Reply #113 on: July 21, 2012, 05:18 PM »

No, it makes you a well-balanced one! Not a genuine misfortune, so don't expect you'll  be going to hell for that.  innocent

You know, it would almost be worth it for Federer if I did!
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: PseudoFed « Reply #114 on: July 21, 2012, 06:05 PM »

PseudoFed just now - 

Staff told Me I'm playing #Wimbledon in about a week. Haven't I already won it this year? #confused #angry #conspiracy
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: PseudoFed « Reply #115 on: July 21, 2012, 06:24 PM »

^  ... "conspiracy" ... lmao
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: PseudoFed « Reply #116 on: July 21, 2012, 10:44 PM »

Yeah, here's some real sportsmanship for you:

IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: PseudoFed « Reply #117 on: July 21, 2012, 10:48 PM »

Some good stuff here too:

IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: PseudoFed « Reply #118 on: July 22, 2012, 01:24 AM »

Never knew about that.

Federer: Throws argument about correct call, shouts at crowd to "shut up" on two different occasions, wears that jacket in front of Roddick after winning, etc.

Murray, Djokovic, Nadal: Not one incident springs to mind of bad sportsmanship. Possible gamesmanship yes.

Yet it is Federer that constantly wins all these sportsmanship awards, and is treated as a god, whilst Murray in particular gets lambasted because his voice is a bit monotone in interviews and he sometimes gets frustrated on court.

What a crazy country we live in.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: PseudoFed « Reply #119 on: July 22, 2012, 02:58 AM »

Yeah, here's some real sportsmanship for you:

A performance worthy of McEnroe, but at least Mac never pretended he was perfect.

Some good stuff here too:

It is extremely unusual though to see Fed smashing a racquet - something Djokovic does on a regular basis.

I remember that incident during the USO final and Fed got a warning (and a fine) for using that audible obscenity.  At least Andy has never sworn at the umpire.  In fact he's only ever sworn at himself yet gets pilloried for it.

As for that speech at the AO - Fed should just have said a few words then retired gracefully, instead of which he came back for more!  Nadal's face says it all.  I remember at the time feeling so very sorry for him - his victory was totally ruined.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 132 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »