MurraysWorld  >  Tennis Talk  >  PseudoFed
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 103 [104] 105 106 107 ... 133 Reply

PseudoFed

Glad I'm not the only one who didn't like Norman Wisdom, though I did quite like Benny Hill, but another one I could never take to was Ken Dodd.....Couldn't find anything remotely funny about his Diddy Men or his tickling stick! Loved Stanley Baxter.....Les Dawson [especially playing the piano] and Russ Abbot! Loved Rikki Fulton [Reverand Jolly]  lmao Oh .....and Dave Allen! There are loads more, but these are some of my favourites! Couldn't bear to live in a world without humour.....Thank God for those who can make us laugh!  Very Happy
I agree Caz.  Laughter is definitely the best medicine.  And the hilarious Frank "It's the way I tell 'em" Carson has to be added to the list!  Sadly, though, most of today's comedians don't make me laugh, although Kevin Bridges is an absolute hoot, but I guess humour changes along with generations.

One amusing occasion I recall was going to a live recording of one of Charlie Chester's radio shows (didn't find him funny either) in London where I was on holiday as a child, and this guy was standing near to him holding up cue LAUGH/STOP LAUGHING and CLAP/STOP CLAPPING placards for the audience. Priceless! roflmao
IP Logged

A tweet from PseudoFed yesterday. No comment from Judy!

"Judy Murray, Andy Murray’s mother, knows who is behind the account" ... Judy knows who I am? #excited http://straightsets.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/07/04/a-federer-parody-thats-as-smooth-as-a-federer-backhand/

I remember last year PF said that Judy Murray had recognised him at Wimbledon.

From the New York Times article
“There is a sense with tennis fans, in the media room and among players, that Roger Federer is untouchable,” said Courtney Nguyen, a blogger and tennis writer for Sports Illustrated. “He’s the epitome of class and humility, and he is the way that every gentleman should be. The genius of the @PseudoFed account is that it cuts through that.
IP Logged

I don't think Courtney Nguyen quite gets it.
IP Logged
Caz

^ That must be the understatment of the year Mark!  Whistle
IP Logged

Well she is foreign isn't she? lol
IP Logged

Not Roger Federer ‏@PseudoFed  1m 
Staff and I were in the crowd today at Wimbledon to try and do the offputtings. Unfortunately both semis had a winner

lmao

I love you PF, don't ever change.
IP Logged

lol  Brilliant tweet.
IP Logged

Not Roger Federer ‏@PseudoFed  1m 
Staff and I were in the crowd today at Wimbledon to try and do the offputtings. Unfortunately both semis had a winner

Is it just me, but this has gone right over my head.
IP Logged

Is it just me, but this has gone right over my head.
I take it to mean that Fed and his staff were trying to put all the players off, but he's disappointed that two players won, and therefore someone other than himself will win the title, i.e. he thinks that only he has the right to ever win it.
IP Logged

I take it to mean that Fed and his staff were trying to put all the players off, but he's disappointed that two players won, and therefore someone other than himself will win the title, i.e. he thinks that only he has the right to ever win it.
  Way too complicated, Aileen! KISS, and all that.
IP Logged

Agree with Aileen.

It seems fairly clear to me PF is annoyed that there had to be a winner of both semis and consequently had to be a final without him.
IP Logged

Way too complicated, Aileen! KISS, and all that.
It's a case of getting into PF's way of thinking, that's all. Smile
IP Logged

Well that's that joke officially ruined.
IP Logged

Also agree with Aileen, its a very Pseudodef way of thinking - if I can't win then no one shall!
IP Logged

Or even Pseudofed! Excitement clearly too much for me - tail can't stop wagging!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 103 [104] 105 106 107 ... 133 Reply