Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  PseudoFed 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 ... 132 Go Down Reply
Author

PseudoFed

(Read 54008 times)
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: PseudoFed « Reply #825 on: January 25, 2013, 06:45 PM »

looking forward to pf's full take on the match - or is he too busy getting ready for the final?  Whistle
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: PseudoFed « Reply #826 on: January 26, 2013, 04:35 PM »

Poor Woggie... lol

IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: PseudoFed « Reply #827 on: January 26, 2013, 04:37 PM »

lmao Nice one, Linda!
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: PseudoFed « Reply #828 on: January 26, 2013, 06:52 PM »

What I really said to Andrew Murray

Hello fans from many places,

I have received a lot of questions in the last day about what I said to Andrew during the final of the Semis in the Australian Open (in Australia). My GOATbox has been flooded with emails from journalists, royals, politicians and ordinary people too. On one hand it is great to have so many people writing to Me, on the other hand it makes it very difficult to find the email to renew the subscription to various fashion magazines.

In the interest of the disclosures here is a transcriptions of the conversation during the match. People remarked that I said the naughty words to him. False. This is what really happened:

——————-

Me: Hello Andrew, nice to see you. I believe your last shot was a little too close to make the comforts.

Andrew: Why do you keep calling me Andrew when everyone else calls me, Andy?

Me: Did you see the latest episode of Homeland? What do you think will happen with Brody? I personally believe Carrie is not as mad as everybody thinks.

Andrew: What?

Me: Would you care to join Me for a glass of MOAT champagne after the next point? I have a crate delivered everywhere I go as I am their President now.

Andrew: No, I don’t drink during a match.

Me: Chocolates?

Andrew: You’ll have to speak to my Mum about that.

Me: Is it true what that Rafaello Nadal is coming back this year? He spent more time away from tennis than Azarenka does when she takes a time-out.

Andrew: Yes he’s coming back. That’ll be You out of the top 3 before long then.

Me: Are you making the offentions? You know the other day I overheard Mats Winglander and Patrick McEnroe arguing about who likes Me more. I think the the argument was interrupted when Sue Barker from the BBC called them and said she beats them both.

Andrew: Are you going to serve any time soon?

Me: Only if you turn off Hawkeye. I hate that stupid thing. Won’t serve until you ask Mr. Umpire to do it. I won’t serve and nobody can make me.

——————-

I hope this makes the clarifications. Especially for the journalists. Their job is difficult enough with those uncomfortable chairs in the Media Centre, so staff tell Me anyway.

PF xxx

IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: PseudoFed « Reply #829 on: January 26, 2013, 07:16 PM »

Just came across this lol
Brilliant post from PF - sorry its a screenshot from my tablet - about 2nd3rd post down.
lmao  And thanks to Dani for posting the last two blogs. Very Happy

If the match turns into the shape of a pear I have a secret tactic! I will do what we now call, “An Azerenka”. This means that I will go off court, have a nice meal, take a hot relaxing bath and maybe take in a movie before returning.

With the benefit of hindsight, perhaps Fed should have done just that! Whistle

IP Logged
janetx
Challenger Level

Re: PseudoFed « Reply #830 on: January 26, 2013, 07:37 PM »

As usual, classic funniness. :p
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: PseudoFed « Reply #831 on: January 26, 2013, 07:42 PM »

My favourites were the Andy parts. Very Happy
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: PseudoFed « Reply #832 on: January 26, 2013, 07:50 PM »

What is PF going to do when Smugfed retires. Will he/she announce who they are or will he/she look for someone else to cock a snoop at.? Suggestions please.
IP Logged
janetx
Challenger Level

Re: PseudoFed « Reply #833 on: January 26, 2013, 08:09 PM »

^ good question. but in all honesty I can't see Fed retiring for at least 5 years. Shocking to some maybe, but that's my opinion. Stepanek is 34 and still playing. Hewitt, Haas, they are still playing. Connors played until he was 39 or 40. I just don't see Fed retiring soon. The key thing will be how far he slips down the rankings and how he handles that. For example, he says he wants to be around for the next Olympics in 2016. But lets say he drops down below the top 8; will he still stick around and play or will he be too proud for that? That's where I am unsure.

Thus, in short, I don't think PF has to look for someone new for a while.

Correct me others, because I am not sure, but I do think there were attempts at other pseudo accounts - of Rafa and Nole? - but none caught the right humorous tone as PF does. I don't know if those were created by the same or a different writer either, so that might be a relevant factor.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: PseudoFed « Reply #834 on: January 26, 2013, 08:12 PM »

I can't see fed hanging around once he drops out of the top 8 somehow.
IP Logged
janetx
Challenger Level

Re: PseudoFed « Reply #835 on: January 26, 2013, 08:18 PM »

^ Tend to agree with you Ruthie.
IP Logged
caroline
ATP Level

Re: PseudoFed « Reply #836 on: January 26, 2013, 08:27 PM »

I think Fed will be around for a good while yet. I know his main aim is to keep winning the GS, but I feel that a lot of what will keep him in the game is the adulation he gets. It's as big a high to him as the winning itself. That's a hard thing to let go of especially someone who has as big an ego as Fed does. How do you let all of that go how do you live in the real world as an ordinary person. People in the business have helped make him the person he has become and he now believes in his own self importance, over and above everything else.
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: PseudoFed « Reply #837 on: January 26, 2013, 09:05 PM »

I think Fed will be around for a good while yet. I know his main aim is to keep winning the GS, but I feel that a lot of what will keep him in the game is the adulation he gets. It's as big a high to him as the winning itself. That's a hard thing to let go of especially someone who has as big an ego as Fed does. How do you let all of that go how do you live in the real world as an ordinary person. People in the business have helped make him the person he has become and he now believes in his own self importance, over and above everything else.
  Ironically, the only way to maintain the adulation would be to go out on a high, and then make exhibition appearances that can be staged to maintain his image.  There's something desperately sad about faded celebrities who cling to a life they no longer enjoy.
IP Logged
janetx
Challenger Level

Re: PseudoFed « Reply #838 on: January 26, 2013, 09:14 PM »

Yeah I've often wondered what someone like Fed would do after. I can't see him being a commentator, like Mac or Becker. And I don't see him going full on into philanthropy like Agassi. And I don't see him retiring to his island to fish whereas I can see Rafa doing that. Nole will likely carry on the foundation but look into something entertainment based. Murray could easily go back to Scotland; I could see him though as a good coach too! I just can't see Fed coaching or doing entertainment-based work either.

Any thoughts on Fed's path post-retirement?
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: PseudoFed « Reply #839 on: January 26, 2013, 09:16 PM »

This makes me think PF could be a journo:

'Especially for the journalists. Their job is difficult enough with those uncomfortable chairs in the Media Centre.'
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 ... 132 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »