Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  PseudoFed 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 ... 132 Go Down Reply
Author

PseudoFed

(Read 57559 times)
scotnadian
World No 1

Give me your JMac, Henman, Cash & 2 balls.

Re: PseudoFed « Reply #1005 on: April 19, 2013, 01:59 AM »

^ Very Happy
I've missed his pinkie shoelaces prancing around the court.
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
Seed

Re: PseudoFed « Reply #1006 on: April 21, 2013, 11:50 AM »

Not Roger Federer ‏@PseudoFed 1h Seeing as there is no tennis on today, what is everybody doing? Sunday, a day of rest so am watching staff Spring cleaning My homes #humble
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: PseudoFed « Reply #1007 on: April 21, 2013, 01:08 PM »

"No tennis on today" - love it! lol
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
Seed

Re: PseudoFed « Reply #1008 on: April 21, 2013, 01:50 PM »

"No tennis on today" - love it! lol

When I saw the rain in MC I thought he was to blame lol. Glad to see sunshine and players - his 'authority' doesn't stretch quite that far (apart from inducing rain at Wimbledon to get the roof closed)
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
Seed

Re: PseudoFed « Reply #1009 on: April 21, 2013, 04:08 PM »

Not Roger Federer ‏@PseudoFed 18m I remember tennis before Novak and Rafa. Life was so simple, and easy. May choose to take a further 6 months off #packageholiday

Feel free!
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: PseudoFed « Reply #1010 on: April 21, 2013, 05:58 PM »

Ditto Westie!  But what would do without PF?
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: PseudoFed « Reply #1011 on: April 21, 2013, 06:25 PM »

^ Perhaps he'll morph into PseudoGulbis, that'd be fun......
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
Seed

Re: PseudoFed « Reply #1012 on: April 23, 2013, 09:43 PM »

Not Roger Federer ‏@PseudoFed 1h I'd like to personally thank Mr Wimbledon for My pay increase  http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/tennis/22266581

Mr Wimbledon .. lol.. sounds like a relation to Mr Lendl
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: PseudoFed « Reply #1013 on: April 24, 2013, 01:51 AM »

lol Whilst I accept that the pay increases are mainly to help players lower down the rankings, they do sound pretty extreme given the financial mess this country is in, but I suppose the LTA can afford it.

What I don't understand is why it's taking them so long to get a roof on No.1 court.  I mean, I know it isn't going to be easy - but did they take that long to get the roof on CC?
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
Seed

Re: PseudoFed « Reply #1014 on: April 24, 2013, 08:00 PM »

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure the money cones from Wimbledon itself, a private club. They then give their profits to the LTA.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: PseudoFed « Reply #1015 on: April 24, 2013, 09:09 PM »

Looks like they won't have much left to give the LTA with all these massive increases, but then I suppose they have plenty of members who aren't short of a thousand or two and so help keep the club afloat.  I just hope it doesn't mean that they're going to hike up tickets prices though, but unfortunately that will probably be inevitable, especially once the new facilities are in place in a few years' time.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: PseudoFed « Reply #1016 on: April 25, 2013, 12:50 AM »

What I don't understand is why it's taking them so long to get a roof on No.1 court.  I mean, I know it isn't going to be easy - but did they take that long to get the roof on CC?

I know the debate about whether to have a roof on CC seemed to take years. In the end work began on it after the Championships in 2006 and it was used for the first time in 2009. Andy played the first competitive match under the roof, against a certain Stan Wawrinka.

What I don't quite know is when they intend to start the work on the roof on Court 1. Presumably they'll have to get planning permission.

Have the papers printed any pics of what Court 1 might look like with a roof? I just suspect they'll have to alter the shape at the top. I can't see how they would put a retractable roof over the roof space as it is.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Give me your JMac, Henman, Cash & 2 balls.

Re: PseudoFed « Reply #1017 on: April 25, 2013, 01:00 AM »

Have the papers printed any pics of what Court 1 might look like with a roof? I just suspect they'll have to alter the shape at the top. I can't see how they would put a retractable roof over the roof space as it is.

Teejay, in case you missed it, I posted this in the Andy on Facebook/Twitter thread:

And Boodles responded with this:

The Boodles‏@TheBoodles   
@andy_murray @wimbledon just to be clear Andy, we're the 2nd best, right? ;-)

Here's the plans for Wimbledon he's responding to:

IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: PseudoFed « Reply #1018 on: April 25, 2013, 01:14 AM »

I know the debate about whether to have a roof on CC seemed to take years. In the end work began on it after the Championships in 2006 and it was used for the first time in 2009. Andy played the first competitive match under the roof, against a certain Stan Wawrinka.

What I don't quite know is when they intend to start the work on the roof on Court 1. Presumably they'll have to get planning permission.

It sounds to me as though they've got planning permission because they've announced that there are going to be three new courts outside it, and it all sounded very definite.  As far as I can recall, some seating tiers had to be sacrificed to get the roof on CC, so I imagine something similar will happen here.

As for what it will look like, I found this pic of the entire future complex on the Telegraph online, and you can see No.1 court with the three new courts just peeping out behind it.  When it's closed it'll look exactly like the roof on CC.

IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: PseudoFed « Reply #1019 on: April 25, 2013, 09:14 AM »

Teejay, in case you missed it, I posted this in the Andy on Facebook/Twitter thread:

Thanks for that, I'll look when I have a minute.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 ... 132 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »