Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  PseudoFed 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 90 [91] 92 93 94 ... 132 Go Down Reply
Author

PseudoFed

(Read 49815 times)
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: PseudoFed « Reply #1350 on: June 09, 2013, 09:19 PM »

That's one of the reasons I think it's him. He can think like a stuck-up twat because he is one. And who else would promote his new book in a blog like that? I would put serious money on it being him now.
Oh oh.......methinks the greeneyed monster lurketh!
[ Last edit by Caz June 11, 2013, 03:52 PM ] IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: PseudoFed « Reply #1351 on: June 11, 2013, 11:47 AM »

That's one of the reasons I think it's him. He can think like a stuck-up twat because he is one. And who else would promote his new book in a blog like that? I would put serious money on it being him now.

Lol, I think that's called a smoke screen...Wink
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: PseudoFed « Reply #1352 on: June 11, 2013, 06:31 PM »

Lol, I think that's called a smoke screen...Wink
  Possibly, but if it's not him, it's someone very close to him socially.
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: PseudoFed « Reply #1353 on: June 11, 2013, 06:44 PM »

Possibly, but if it's not him, it's someone very close to him socially.

I think you're flattering NH - which of course is something PF does all the time! I don't think he could be that funny.
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Re: PseudoFed « Reply #1354 on: June 11, 2013, 07:36 PM »

I think you're flattering NH - which of course is something PF does all the time! I don't think he could be that funny.

The main reason, apart from the hat obsession, is the specific promotion of his book in the blog - which while factually interesting, is not the most accomplished piece of writing, even for a sports journalist, it has to be said.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: PseudoFed « Reply #1355 on: June 11, 2013, 08:09 PM »

Neil Harman is poor at self-deprecating wit. He hastily deleted a snide tweet about Dan Evans last week when Evans called him out on it.

My money has always been on Kevin Mitchell. A very good correspondent who has been supportive of Andy.

This article caught my eye a while back, and it's stuck with me.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/blog/2013/jan/11/church-of-roger-federer-australian-open

- For those who do not worship at the Church of Federer with such blinding faith..

- Few players remember press conference questions or their composers so eerily well as Federer (except, perhaps, Ivan Lendl) – and, like Sir Alex Ferguson, his aura quells challenge. Mr Nice Guy has his limits, and his ego can be laid bare, as well. Not for nothing does Federer have a sniping Twitter alter-ego of wicked wit, @PseudoFed – and at least one player in the locker room knows who the tormentor is.

- Unnervingly calm most of the time, Federer has in recent years shown tetchiness in matches against Rafael Nadal, Djokovic, Murray and Juan Martín del Potro – his nearest rivals – signs probably that he finds perfection increasingly distant.

- We should savour his gifts as long as he sees fit to dispense them. In the end, his tennis, as much as his glow of smiling flawlessness, is what should matter about the man.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: PseudoFed « Reply #1356 on: June 12, 2013, 03:01 AM »

^ I remember reading that article at the time.  It's certainly pretty scathing about Federer at times but I'm not so sure why you think that particular quote suggests that he's PF.  He could just simply have been drawing people's attention to PF's existence.  I know he's always been supportive of Andy, but I'm still not convinced it's him.  As far as I'm concerned it ultimately boils down to the time factor, i.e. as with Harman, would a busy journalist like Mitchell have the time to read and respond to all the tweets that PF gets?  Mind you, I suppose if you're used to doing a lot of tweeting then maybe that isn't a problem.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: PseudoFed « Reply #1357 on: June 12, 2013, 03:51 AM »

11 June -

Not Roger Federer ‏@PseudoFed
Spiritual GOAT Quote, Proverb Correction Edition:

IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: PseudoFed « Reply #1358 on: June 12, 2013, 06:53 AM »

The main reason, apart from the hat obsession, is the specific promotion of his book in the blog - which while factually interesting, is not the most accomplished piece of writing, even for a sports journalist, it has to be said.
Surely if the book is 'factually interesting', then that's the most important thing for a sports journalist and PF might have been just doing a favour for a friend by giving it a mention and he does promote other things as well i.e. Andy of the Murrays! As far as not being an accomplished writer, one of the hardest things to write must be comedy and PseudoFed is very accomplished at that....so he can't be NH! People can speculate all they like, but we are 'never' going to find out who he is and that's a good thing too as he wouldn't be able to carry on. As it is, he brings a great deal of fun to a great many people and with the way it is in the UK [and the rest of the world] at the moment, if there's one thing we need......it's a bloody good laugh!
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: PseudoFed « Reply #1359 on: June 12, 2013, 07:02 AM »

11 June -

Spiritual GOAT Quote, Proverb Correction Edition:

lmao Thanks Aileen.......and thanks for the article Scot!
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Re: PseudoFed « Reply #1360 on: June 12, 2013, 09:40 AM »

Surely if the book is 'factually interesting', then that's the most important thing for a sports journalist and PF might have been just doing a favour for a friend by giving it a mention and he does promote other things as well i.e. Andy of the Murrays! As far as not being an accomplished writer, one of the hardest things to write must be comedy and PseudoFed is very accomplished at that....so he can't be NH! People can speculate all they like, but we are 'never' going to find out who he is and that's a good thing too as he wouldn't be able to carry on. As it is, he brings a great deal of fun to a great many people and with the way it is in the UK [and the rest of the world] at the moment, if there's one thing we need......it's a bloody good laugh!
  I agree with most of what you say, and I don't want to give the impression that I'm obsessed with outing PF! As to the "accomplished" aspect I was referring to the book, not necessarily the writer. I can well see that a busy journalist would not take time to fine-tune the technical aspects of a larger piece of work. Short pieces and tweets would  be their forte. Anyway, enough about Mr Harman, I'm happy to continue to enjoy PF, whoever s/he is!
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: PseudoFed « Reply #1361 on: June 12, 2013, 09:57 AM »

I agree with most of what you say, and I don't want to give the impression that I'm obsessed with outing PF! As to the "accomplished" aspect I was referring to the book, not necessarily the writer. I can well see that a busy journalist would not take time to fine-tune the technical aspects of a larger piece of work. Short pieces and tweets would  be their forte. Anyway, enough about Mr Harman, I'm happy to continue to enjoy PF, whoever s/he is!
  thumb up
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: PseudoFed « Reply #1362 on: June 12, 2013, 10:30 AM »

Neil Harman seems to be such a fan of Federer that I doubt he'd create an account like PseudoFed making fun of him. I think we shouldn't read too much into PF promoting his book - he did the same for Mark Hodgkinson's Andy book last year too.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: PseudoFed « Reply #1363 on: June 13, 2013, 12:13 AM »

12 June

I wish some people would stop saying I am arrogant. It's very hurtful. Arrogance implies I exaggerate my own worth, I don't. #humble

Edeadly ‏@dellerzzz
@PseudoFed you are absolutely amazing

@dellerzzz_ I know #humble

Katarina ‏@katarina1505
@PseudoFed don't let it get to you, Mr. Federer. I strive to be as #humble as you

@katarina1505 Keep trying, you'll never get there, but never stop trying #humble
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: PseudoFed « Reply #1364 on: June 13, 2013, 06:21 AM »

lmao lmao Thanks Aileen!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 90 [91] 92 93 94 ... 132 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »