Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Jo-Wilfried Tsonga, Monday, LIVE - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  PseudoFed 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 123 [124] 125 126 127 ... 132 Go Down Reply
Author

PseudoFed

(Read 51776 times)
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: PseudoFed « Reply #1845 on: October 12, 2013, 02:01 PM »

Not Roger Federer ‏@PseudoFed
I recently said I'm looking forward to 2014 with so little points to defend. If it doesn't work out, I'll be really looking forward to 2015
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: PseudoFed « Reply #1846 on: October 12, 2013, 03:27 PM »

Oh lmao
Nice!
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: PseudoFed « Reply #1847 on: October 12, 2013, 05:06 PM »

I recently said I'm looking forward to 2014 with so little points to defend. If it doesn't work out, I'll be really looking forward to 2015
  Yep, better luck with Shankhigh next year!
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: PseudoFed « Reply #1848 on: October 12, 2013, 05:12 PM »

Nice one, Fiverings! Very Happy

lol  Then he can look forward to Rio in 2016!             
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: PseudoFed « Reply #1849 on: October 12, 2013, 05:26 PM »

Nice one, Fiverings! Very Happy

lol  Then he can look forward to Rio in 2016!             

I remain delighted that he will forever be frustrated by his lack of a singles Gold Medal, and the knowledge that it was Murray who deprived him of it just adds to the delight.

I still think if he had been a bit less greedy at Wimbledon 2012, and just thought that he could afford to be a bit generous towards Mr M, then our man would have been in such a state of shock, that Federer might well have got the Gold 4 weeks later.  Karma indeed.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: PseudoFed « Reply #1850 on: October 12, 2013, 05:27 PM »

I remain delighted that he will forever be frustrated by his lack of a singles Gold Medal, and the knowledge that it was Murray who deprived him of it just adds to the delight.

I still think if he had been a bit less greedy at Wimbledon 2012, and just thought that he could afford to be a bit generous towards Mr M, then our man would have been in such a state of shock, that Federer might well have got the Gold 4 weeks later.  Karma indeed.

Disgusting fawn artist.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: PseudoFed « Reply #1851 on: October 12, 2013, 07:45 PM »

I'm still convinced that Andy could have won Wimbledon if the match hadn't been interrupted and the roof closed.  Admittedly Fed took the 2nd set just before then, but I've always felt that if Fed had been pushed to four or five sets had the match continued and he hadn't had the benefit of a nice little rest and a chat with his coach, Andy might have outlasted him physically as well as mentally, and I believe the crowd would have got behind him more as well.

The question is though - would Andy have gone on to win Olympic gold and the USO?  Perhaps that defeat really was a blessing in disguise.
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: PseudoFed « Reply #1852 on: October 12, 2013, 07:51 PM »

I'm still convinced that Andy could have won Wimbledon if the match hadn't been interrupted and the roof closed.  Admittedly Fed took the 2nd set just before then, but I've always felt that if Fed had been pushed to four or five sets had the match continued and he hadn't had the benefit of a nice little rest and a chat with his coach, Andy might have outlasted him physically as well as mentally and I believe the crowd would have got behind him more as well.

I agree with you there in everything you say.  He was kyboshed by the British weather. Fortunately it has made amends since.
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Re: PseudoFed « Reply #1853 on: October 12, 2013, 08:00 PM »

I don't think generosity comes into it for any player, to be honest, but your take on the dynamics of the karma is interesting.
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: PseudoFed « Reply #1854 on: October 12, 2013, 08:13 PM »

I don't think generosity comes into it for any player, to be honest, but your take on the dynamics of the karma is interesting.

You are undoubtedly correct. I just find the idea very satisfying. It doesn't matter now. The way it worked out eventually was just fine. Mr M got to have both, whilst Federer is still and probably always will be devoid of a singles Gold Medal. I like the thought Mr M has got something Fed hasn't.
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Re: PseudoFed « Reply #1855 on: October 12, 2013, 10:43 PM »

And what a huge karmic  irony if Feds only chance of qualifying for London comes with Andy's withdrawal. That would be sweet.
IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: PseudoFed « Reply #1856 on: October 12, 2013, 10:56 PM »

Even sweeter if he doesn't qualify at all.
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: PseudoFed « Reply #1857 on: October 12, 2013, 11:33 PM »

Nah, despite his smug personality he has been a fantastic player - been to Wimbledon last 2 years but have still to see Fed, Nadal and Djokovic so hoping to see all 3 at the O2 (have seen Ferrer, Del Potro and Berdych[twice] ).  Really oping to see 2 of them against each other - it's the round robin so wd be either Fed v Nadal or Fed v Djokovic   drool
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: PseudoFed « Reply #1858 on: October 13, 2013, 01:30 AM »

^ 'Has been a fantastic player' is the right expression when it comes to Fed.  I used to really enjoy watching him play because to me he'd turned tennis into an art form (thankfully I was able to see the player beyond the man), but I don't enjoy his matches any  more.  As one correspondent said, his matches swing between the dire and the sublime, only now to me they seem to be more of the former and less of the latter.

It's really rather sad to see a player of his calibre going downhill like that, and whether he can improve next year remains very much a doubt.  Unfortunately his ego is so huge that he seems to be unable to accept the fact that he's no longer the player he once was, and it's this that really grates on people, although not, it seems, his ever-loving fans, although even some of them are waking up to reality.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: PseudoFed « Reply #1859 on: October 13, 2013, 08:07 AM »

I agree with Aileen. In his prime Fed was the most beautiful player, never have I seen a player move with such effortless grace. wub
But now shocking
I hate seeing him play so badly, shank after shank. It's really surprising that he seems to be decling so quickly too. Perhaps it's because his game was so heavily dependant on movement and now, inevitably, he's a bit slower, the rest of his game has gone off too.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 123 [124] 125 126 127 ... 132 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »