Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs David Ferrer, Saturday, Time: 2pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  Queens 2011 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 11 Go Down Reply
Author

Queens 2011

(Read 3860 times)
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: Queens 2011 « Reply #15 on: June 07, 2011, 08:12 PM »

hasn't Skupski just played doubles with Jamie?
No it was Murray Bros vs the Malisse + Skupski.

Judy will have to make them cocoa tonight.
IP Logged
scotsgeek28
Futures Level

Re: Queens 2011 « Reply #16 on: June 07, 2011, 08:44 PM »

I suppose for some of the british players this is only time of the year they can earn some money and get some points.  Ward's record on the tour is abysmal and then he rolls up and beats the number 14 in the world...only on grass can this happen! That is why we all love it.  Also Mel South beat the very talented Caroline Garcia at Edgbaston...

Andy always tanks the doubles.  I sometimes wonder why he bothers really.  There was a suggestion he had a slight issue with training today, so I suppose it is re-assuring he played.

The BBC commentary has been making me laugh no end.  Waxing lyrical about players like Mahut and Lopez, and Roddick.  They all need to get out there more.  Andrew Castle might appear a smoothie but his actual current knowledge is absolutely shocking.  Roll on wimby when the A team appear.  I could listen to McEnroe, Becker, Henman, and the ladies all day long.  Castle and co are just plain guff.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Queens 2011 « Reply #17 on: June 08, 2011, 06:55 AM »

BBC's email is [email protected] I think we should all deluge them with hundreds of emails about Castle and co. It's the endless repetition that gets me and he's still talking about the marathon serving match last year. An epic it may've been, but boring as heck!
Pat Cash is good, hates new racquet technology. Said with old wooden racquets Rafa could not dominate and would not've beaten Borg. Also said "let" rule should go. I certainly agree with him there.
Also, like Sam Smith but she's probably too gossipy for the blokes. Don't think she likes Castle or Lloyd much Smile
IP Logged
allyh84
ATP Level

Britain's number 3

Re: Queens 2011 « Reply #18 on: June 08, 2011, 09:23 AM »

Anyone who describes Mahut-Isner as boring has no soul. Chuffed about Ward, third round of an ATP Tour event hahaha.
IP Logged
starrieyed

Re: Queens 2011 « Reply #19 on: June 08, 2011, 09:26 AM »

SKY guys are far superior to the BBC...but you have to realise they are there all year, all Masters etc....shame about the adverts....but you can always pause do the dishes and return...sorted
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: Queens 2011 « Reply #20 on: June 08, 2011, 09:43 AM »

Andrew Castle might appear a smoothie but his actual current knowledge is absolutely shocking.  Roll on wimby when the A team appear.  I could listen to McEnroe, Becker, Henman, and the ladies all day long.  Castle and co are just plain guff.

Castle always commentates as if he's introducing the game to a wider audience. 'And that's the first serve. He's missed it, but he'll get another go in a minute. We call this the second serve'.

IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: Queens 2011 « Reply #21 on: June 08, 2011, 10:01 AM »

Castle always commentates as if he's introducing the game to a wider audience. 'And that's the first serve. He's missed it, but he'll get another go in a minute. We call this the second serve'.

lol
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

Re: Queens 2011 « Reply #22 on: June 08, 2011, 10:12 AM »

'That's the beauty of this game that we call 'tennis'.'
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Queens 2011 « Reply #23 on: June 08, 2011, 12:07 PM »

Anyone who describes Mahut-Isner as boring has no soul. Chuffed about Ward, third round of an ATP Tour event hahaha.
You like matches composed entirely of serving shocking
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

Re: Queens 2011 « Reply #24 on: June 08, 2011, 01:15 PM »

Probably the most boring match Wimbledon has seen, with the possible exception of the 2009 Federer-Roddick final.
IP Logged
KitKat
Seed

Re: Queens 2011 « Reply #25 on: June 08, 2011, 02:39 PM »

I agree that the Mahut/Isner match at Wimbledon was really boring but I usually like watching Mahut play as he's a really good serve/volley man, it was a shame he injured himself yesterday.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Queens 2011 « Reply #26 on: June 08, 2011, 06:45 PM »

I like Mahut too, my comment was no reflection on him.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Queens 2011 « Reply #27 on: June 09, 2011, 01:35 AM »

Good luck to James Ward today cmon yeah
IP Logged
IonaRed
Challenger Level

Re: Queens 2011 « Reply #28 on: June 09, 2011, 03:03 AM »

I think that is him in GMTV mode.

The funniest comment I heard during RG was a female commentator who said something like, "It's advantage (can't remember what player it was).  They're a knowledgeable crowd here at RG.  They know what that means."  doh
[ Last edit by IonaRed June 09, 2011, 04:49 AM ] IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Queens 2011 « Reply #29 on: June 09, 2011, 07:05 AM »

Perhaps we should start a "Castleballs" column Wink
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 11 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »