Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?

MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  Queens 2012 - The Other Players 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 Go Down Reply
Author

Queens 2012 - The Other Players

(Read 4740 times)
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: Queens - The Other Players « Reply #165 on: June 18, 2012, 07:16 PM »

Not wishing to rush to judgement here, not knowing the full circumstances but a grandfather is a lot different from a wee niece.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Queens - The Other Players « Reply #166 on: June 18, 2012, 07:17 PM »

he is hailed as a hero for continuing
We hailed him a hero here? I doubt it.

Unless you're talking about the media which doesn't matter because the media didn't seem to mind Nalbandian playing on either. It would be very risky for the media to take a negative stance on an event like that of Nalbandian's godchild or Djokovic's grandfather, so it's no surprise.
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: Queens - The Other Players « Reply #167 on: June 18, 2012, 07:31 PM »

And neither did you........
I think I inferred that I didn't hear or see what he did or did not say not say then or later, but I feel that he has suffered enough for his action.
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Queens - The Other Players « Reply #168 on: June 18, 2012, 08:21 PM »

Not wishing to rush to judgement here, not knowing the full circumstances but a grandfather is a lot different from a wee niece.

Really?
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Queens - The Other Players « Reply #169 on: June 18, 2012, 08:26 PM »

Really?
I think what he's saying is a young girl dying is much more tragic than an old man, for obvious reasons. Therefore, the family of the child is going to need even more support but Nalbandian chose not to offer that.

Perhaps he wasn't at all close to his godchild or relatives, who knows.
[ Last edit by Mark June 18, 2012, 09:15 PM ] IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Queens - The Other Players « Reply #170 on: June 18, 2012, 08:39 PM »

Finally Mark is seeing some tennis related action. :p
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: Queens - The Other Players « Reply #171 on: June 18, 2012, 08:42 PM »

Couldn't have put it better myself, thanks, Mark. Loss of an elderly relative is sad, loss of a younger one tragic. But  every relationship is different - who are we to judge from outside and afar?
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: Queens - The Other Players « Reply #172 on: June 18, 2012, 08:54 PM »

I think what he's saying is a young girl dying is much more tragic than an old man, for obvious reasons. Therefore, the family of the child is going to need even more support but Nalbandian chose not to offer that.

Perhaps he wasn't at all close to his goldchild or relatives, who knows.
I'd be close if the child was gold.
IP Logged
steve bywaters
Junior

Re: Queens - The Other Players « Reply #173 on: June 18, 2012, 10:47 PM »

The guy did wrong for sure, but piling supposition upon prejudice is a bad vibe. This whole thing is feeding on itself. Is it cos hes Argentinian? naughty

The giveaway is Nalbandian's kick was upwards, central and full force landing on the guys shin whilst sidefooted avoiding injury himself.If he only wanted to kick the board he'd kick at the corner.

interesting too were his psychopathic ramblings afterwards. Self pity, apologising to the crowd for the loss of his play - not for the violence. Then blaming the ATP!lol. A linesman's brief might want to consider looking into the past for a bit of previous
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: Queens - The Other Players « Reply #174 on: June 18, 2012, 10:55 PM »

The giveaway is Nalbandian's kick was upwards, central and full force landing on the guys shin whilst sidefooted avoiding injury himself.If he only wanted to kick the board he'd kick at the corner.

interesting too were his psychopathic ramblings afterwards. Self pity, apologising to the crowd for the loss of his play - not for the violence. Then blaming the ATP!lol. A linesman's brief might want to consider looking into the past for a bit of previous

Yes, we need PT to chip in here but, in that moment of red mist, I suspect that linesman personified all the evil of the ATP.

Nalbandian is a tortured guy who always knew he had what it took to win slams, but could never really find the motivation to pursue it enough. His true passion is rally driving, but he was sadly lacking in the necessary talent.

Ten years of frustration all came out yesterday afternoon.
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: Queens - The Other Players « Reply #175 on: June 18, 2012, 11:02 PM »

The child was also called Nalbandian - presumably a blood relative of some kind. Maybe a godchild but also a nephew?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/othersports/article-416899/Death-godchild-weighs-heavy-Nalbandian.html
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Queens - The Other Players « Reply #176 on: June 19, 2012, 12:20 AM »

The child was also called Nalbandian - presumably a blood relative of some kind. Maybe a godchild but also a nephew?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/othersports/article-416899/Death-godchild-weighs-heavy-Nalbandian.html
His cousin apparently (from googling the name of the poor child).
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Queens - The Other Players « Reply #177 on: June 19, 2012, 01:49 AM »

A brawl between rugby players usually ends with suspension but Fat Dave is being investigated for assult by the police. Think
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Queens - The Other Players « Reply #178 on: June 19, 2012, 03:53 AM »

What some other folks have been saying about Dave: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/tennis/18478928
Next stop for him is Boodles on Wednesday, 3rd match, against Almagro. (Andy is 1st match @ 2:30.. don't know who he's playing against yet.)
I wonder what kind of reception he'll receive from the Pimm's Brigade?  shocking
IP Logged
Joe
Top Seed

Boo hoo hoooooooo :'(

Re: Queens - The Other Players « Reply #179 on: June 19, 2012, 07:53 AM »

What some other folks have been saying about Dave: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/tennis/18478928
Next stop for him is Boodles on Wednesday, 3rd match, against Almagro. (Andy is 1st match @ 2:30.. don't know who he's playing against yet.)
I wonder what kind of reception he'll receive from the Pimm's Brigade?  shocking

They'll be too busy sampling the Michelin-starred food on offer to notice his presence.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »