Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  Queens 2012 - The Other Players 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 Go Down Reply
Author

Queens 2012 - The Other Players

(Read 5048 times)
KitKat
Seed

Re: Queens - The Other Players « Reply #180 on: June 19, 2012, 11:14 AM »

I think this is way out of proportion to what happened, it was an accident, he said he thought the board was screwed down and wouldn't move, it was reported that he went and seen the linesman personally to apologise, away from the media, when I first saw it I thought the linesman was play acting a bit as he first of all stood up, looked directly at where the TV camera was and then decided to roll onto the ground, you also bleed a lot from a cut on the shin so it usually looks worse than it is and he didn't need to have any treatment so that sounds not serious at all, linesmans 15 minutes of fame, get a life mate, there are more serious "crimes" for the police to looking at instead of this time wasting. shocking
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Queens - The Other Players « Reply #181 on: June 19, 2012, 01:27 PM »

Well said KitKat!
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Queens - The Other Players « Reply #182 on: June 19, 2012, 02:14 PM »

Biased? Many people here passionately dislike Federer but that's only in context of the fact he appears immune to critism in the media. It doesn't mean we only dislike Federer or even dislike him more than other players.

'Anyway, it seems quite an even sided debate. I do admit I'm surprised anyone is offering a defence for Nalbandian after his disgusting attitude.'
Yes....I'm surprised too Mark, but there you go!  lmao
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Queens - The Other Players « Reply #183 on: June 19, 2012, 02:31 PM »

A brawl between rugby players usually ends with suspension but Fat Dave is being investigated for assult by the police. Think

That's between the rugby players. Here the linesman was simply doing his job minding his own business. Big difference.

Nalbandian’s behavior was reckless and could have caused serious injuries (actually the last I heard, the linesman is having problems walking). It’s no different than drunk driving and all other reckless behaviours. A drunk driver can say, “I had no intention of killing anyone” and he’d be telling the truth too, but that doesn’t mean he should be released simply based on the fact that, he had no intention. How ludicrous does that sound? One has to be accounted for ones’ action.

Once again, whether he had the intention of hurting that linesman or not is irrelevant. What is relevant is what he did or caused as a result of his reckless behavouir.  
[ Last edit by Emma Jean June 19, 2012, 02:38 PM ] IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Queens - The Other Players « Reply #184 on: June 19, 2012, 02:37 PM »

The supporting and defending of Nalbandian (and I don’t mean just here) is simply appalling. This is the reason why the Juries are selected so randomly and so carefully.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Queens - The Other Players « Reply #185 on: June 19, 2012, 02:43 PM »

Even if the advertising board did stay in position, it would have been utterly rude to the linesman nevertheless. What a dick he is but he is Argentinian so are we surprised? Very Happy
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Queens - The Other Players « Reply #186 on: June 19, 2012, 02:55 PM »

The supporting and defending of Nalbandian (and I don’t mean just here) is simply appalling. This is the reason why the Juries are selected so randomly and so carefully.

I don't think I've heard of anyone actually supporting Nalbandian's actions - I'm sure everyone agrees that he was totally out of order.  The reaction of some would appear to be totally OTT however - mountains and molehills spring to mind.  Only my opinion of course and you are perfectly entitled to yours EJ.
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: Queens - The Other Players « Reply #187 on: June 19, 2012, 03:04 PM »

Why bother with a jury let's join the lynch mob and hang him! Or with Queen of Hearts join in and say "off with his head." I'm not supporting him and think he should be punished which he has been quite severely but to have made it a Police matter is in my view not right.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Queens - The Other Players « Reply #188 on: June 19, 2012, 03:08 PM »

I don't think I've heard of anyone actually supporting Nalbandian's actions - I'm sure everyone agrees that he was totally out of order.  The reaction of some would appear to be totally OTT however - mountains and molehills spring to mind.  Only my opinion of course and you are perfectly entitled to yours EJ.

A lot of them are most certainly defending Nalbandian's actions. Not only here but everywhere. I get that he's quite popular but that shouldn’t be to the point that you can’t even tell what’s wrong or right. How can anyone even say, “when I first saw it I thought the linesman was play acting a bit as he first of all stood up, looked directly at where the TV camera was and then decided to roll onto the ground, you also bleed a lot from a cut on the shin so it usually looks worse than it is”??? That’s defending a reckless behaviour that caused injury. You even supported that notion, Alis.

And no, I am not giving my opinion on this. It is what it is and it is a fact and not someone’s personal opinion. If this was a matter of opinion then he wouldn’t be fined and defaulted from the final.

Those who are defending him are giving their personal opinion and nothing more.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Queens - The Other Players « Reply #189 on: June 19, 2012, 03:18 PM »

Why bother with a jury let's join the lynch mob and hang him! Or with Queen of Hearts join in and say "off with his head." I'm not supporting him and think he should be punished which he has been quite severely but to have made it a Police matter is in my view not right.

Let's not be so defensive for a start. If this were to go to the court, then I don't see the Judge dismissing the case saying, "Well, clearly, he didn't have the intention to hurt him, so set him free."

At what point do you not realize that Nalbandian kicked the chair very hard and an elderly person was sitting on it? Would you say he was so mad that he didn't even see that full grown person? How do you even know what his intentions were at that point? How’s it that you are so sure he only meant to kick the chair and not the person?
[ Last edit by Emma Jean June 19, 2012, 03:46 PM ] IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Queens - The Other Players « Reply #190 on: June 19, 2012, 03:52 PM »

rally driving , he enjoys bungie jumping too. His ice cold reaction to what he'd just done and his selfish remarks reminded me of something
- about 37 mins into

(http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=psoq8qYvx18#t=2090s )

I've seen this video before but worth seeing it again. But that's stretching a bit far as far as Nalby is concerned. Lol

Some people just lack any kind of remorse. This planet happens to be “be all and end all” for them.
IP Logged
steve bywaters
Junior

Re: Queens - The Other Players « Reply #191 on: June 19, 2012, 04:20 PM »

Let's not be so defensive for a start. If this were to go to the court, then I don't see the Judge dismissing the case saying, "Well, clearly, he didn't have the intention to hurt him, so set him free."

At what point do you not realize that Nalbandian kicked the chair very hard and an elderly person was sitting on it? Would you say he was so mad that he didn't even see that full grown person? How do you even know what his intentions were at that point? How’s it that you are so sure he only meant to kick the chair and not the person?

If he meant to only kick the boards then Nalbandian would have been at least surprised at what resulted. There was no such reaction and this reveals his intent.
Certainly his personal disregard for the man he just injured was there for all to see.It's possible of course his motive was simply violence towards a line judge who didnt call the ball out
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Queens - The Other Players « Reply #192 on: June 19, 2012, 05:09 PM »

If he meant to only kick the boards then Nalbandian would have been at least surprised at what resulted. There was no such reaction and this reveals his intent.

Certainly his personal disregard for the man he just injured was there for all to see. It's possible of course his motive was simply violence towards a line judge who didnt call the ball out

That's some serious keen conversation, Steve and you get my respect for that. I guess if we truly dive into the matter, then God knows what will come out. Given that scenario, I say it's quite possible that Nalby actually meant to kick the linesmen, but didn't want to make it too direct for obvious reasons. His reaction to the matter afterwards as you mentioned, in a round about way confirms it. I wish I had seen the match.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Queens - The Other Players « Reply #193 on: June 19, 2012, 05:30 PM »

^^ I meant observation and not conversation. Good Lord.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Queens - The Other Players « Reply #194 on: June 19, 2012, 05:32 PM »

^^ I meant observation and not conversation. Good Lord.
You can edit your posts you know...
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »