Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  Rafael Nadal 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 224 225 226 [227] 228 229 230 231 Go Down Reply
Author

Rafael Nadal

(Read 109438 times)
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: Rafael Nadal « Reply #3390 on: October 05, 2013, 07:23 PM »

Djokovic is not a pusher. He's an aggressive baseliner you clown.

You're the bigger clown of course.
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: Rafael Nadal « Reply #3391 on: October 05, 2013, 08:40 PM »

Have to say I prefer Novak
  Agree, although I like them both well enough, and they're both very entertaining players on and off the court.
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Rafael Nadal « Reply #3392 on: October 05, 2013, 10:46 PM »

I like Djokovic too. He's a great player and seems a great guy too. But I'm a Rafa fangirl to the core tender
I think the different styles of tennis bring different things to the sport and I think Rafa has worked on a lot of his game and when you compare his playing to a few years ago you can see a difference.
Glad to see him back at No.1 as it's the confirmation in someways of how well he's played in just a few short months to comeback from last year.
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: Rafael Nadal « Reply #3393 on: October 05, 2013, 10:51 PM »

I like Djokovic too. He's a great player and seems a great guy too. But I'm a Rafa fangirl to the core tender
I think the different styles of tennis bring different things to the sport and I think Rafa has worked on a lot of his game and when you compare his playing to a few years ago you can see a difference.
Glad to see him back at No.1 as it's the confirmation in someways of how well he's played in just a few short months to comeback from last year.

His backhand has become a real asset to his game, also his serve.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Rafael Nadal « Reply #3394 on: October 06, 2013, 07:37 AM »

Agree, although I like them both well enough, and they're both very entertaining players on and off the court.

Exactly. It's just that there's something I like about Rafa a little more than Nole.
God, I'm really proud of his comeback. Truly amazing. cmon yeah
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Rafael Nadal « Reply #3395 on: October 06, 2013, 01:00 PM »

Well he was well beaten today by Djokovic. 6-3  6-4 and he did not play well, leaving a lot of balls short.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Rafael Nadal « Reply #3396 on: October 07, 2013, 12:05 PM »

^ I'm so glad LB!
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Rafael Nadal « Reply #3397 on: October 07, 2013, 03:18 PM »

Me too Caz I have gone off Rafa big time he showed his true colours in a game against Nole. He hit the ball straight at him the went to the net and sneered.
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: Rafael Nadal « Reply #3398 on: October 07, 2013, 03:47 PM »

Me too Caz I have gone off Rafa big time he showed his true colours in a game against Nole. He hit the ball straight at him the went to the net and sneered.

The shot was the only option he had to win the point, Novak's probably done it a few times too to various people, and I know for a fact Andy has. But no one complains. Also Nadal sneered because Novak didn't acknowledge his apology and turned his back on Rafa and shook his head, which I found to be incredibly rude of him. If anyone was being idiotic about it, it was Novak. Nadal also apologized again at the net at the end of the match.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Rafael Nadal « Reply #3399 on: October 08, 2013, 09:01 AM »

That may be so Gangsta, but he's still a cheat!
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Rafael Nadal « Reply #3400 on: October 08, 2013, 12:16 PM »

True I think his image is false. He tries to come over as a gentleman and I do not think he is. There is a lot we don't know about him and his sugar sweet image is false. There are a lot of things going on which we don't know about. About Novak turning his back and shaking his head he knows it was all for show the apology was false and he knew it.
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Rafael Nadal « Reply #3401 on: October 08, 2013, 04:59 PM »

REVEALED: How broken Nadal was rebuilt with the help of blood spinning to achieve one of sport's greatest ever comebacks
By MIKE DICKSON

The latest print out from the ATP ranking computer put the seal on what has been, without doubt, one of the great sporting comebacks of this or any other year.

Having been out of tennis for seven months suffering from what were perceived to be potentially career-threatening knee problems, Rafael Nadal is back at world No 1, amassing a remarkable 65-4 match record - including two Grand Slam titles - since his return.

We already knew that the 27-year-old Spaniard was an amazing player, with his combination of technical skill, power, athleticism and extraordinary concentration. The question so many have asked in conjunction with it all is: how has his body been able to cope with the demands placed upon it, most notably on the hard courts that have previously caused his joints such damage?

Sportsmail has spoken to his camp plus several independent medical experts, including an eminent knee surgeon, to try and establish answers and sort out fact from some of the rumour that has surrounded his latest career surge.

The enabling factors behind a spectacular run of form appear to lie in a combination of hard work, constant rehab, two space age training machines and the use of Plasma Rich Platelet therapy, often known as bloodspinning.

It should be stressed that the latter process, which involves taking blood and then re-injecting it around the knee tendons, is now entirely legal and in widespread use. The latest research, interestingly, suggests one by-product of it is the natural production of performance-enhancing Human Growth Hormone in the body.

Quite a lot more at: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/tennis/article-2449179/Rafael-Nadal-How-broken-star-rebuilt.html
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: Rafael Nadal « Reply #3402 on: October 08, 2013, 06:02 PM »

REVEALED: How broken Nadal was rebuilt with the help of blood spinning to achieve one of sport's greatest ever comebacks
By MIKE DICKSON

The latest print out from the ATP ranking computer put the seal on what has been, without doubt, one of the great sporting comebacks of this or any other year.

Having been out of tennis for seven months suffering from what were perceived to be potentially career-threatening knee problems, Rafael Nadal is back at world No 1, amassing a remarkable 65-4 match record - including two Grand Slam titles - since his return.

We already knew that the 27-year-old Spaniard was an amazing player, with his combination of technical skill, power, athleticism and extraordinary concentration. The question so many have asked in conjunction with it all is: how has his body been able to cope with the demands placed upon it, most notably on the hard courts that have previously caused his joints such damage?

Sportsmail has spoken to his camp plus several independent medical experts, including an eminent knee surgeon, to try and establish answers and sort out fact from some of the rumour that has surrounded his latest career surge.

The enabling factors behind a spectacular run of form appear to lie in a combination of hard work, constant rehab, two space age training machines and the use of Plasma Rich Platelet therapy, often known as bloodspinning.

It should be stressed that the latter process, which involves taking blood and then re-injecting it around the knee tendons, is now entirely legal and in widespread use. The latest research, interestingly, suggests one by-product of it is the natural production of performance-enhancing Human Growth Hormone in the body.

Quite a lot more at: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/tennis/article-2449179/Rafael-Nadal-How-broken-star-rebuilt.html

That's shut the doping accusers up.
IP Logged
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: Rafael Nadal « Reply #3403 on: October 08, 2013, 07:00 PM »

I am sorry but how can we believe anything that his team tell us.
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
Seed

Re: Rafael Nadal « Reply #3404 on: October 08, 2013, 07:06 PM »

I'm a wee bit curious as to how something that creates a performing enhancing growth hormone can be legal if you aren't allowed to take one any other way. A bit like Bill 'I didn't inhale' Clinton.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 224 225 226 [227] 228 229 230 231 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »