Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  Rafael Nadal 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 181 182 183 [184] 185 186 187 ... 231 Go Down Reply
Author

Rafael Nadal

(Read 100546 times)
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Rafael Nadal « Reply #2745 on: August 18, 2012, 09:54 PM »

Apparently Rafa  has "Hoffa's Syndrome" which is a "fat pad" in his left knee.
Do you know what the implications are bbh?
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Rafael Nadal « Reply #2746 on: August 18, 2012, 09:57 PM »

Maybe Tony's hold on Rafa is not what it once was.  After all Rafa is now 26 and can control his own destiny. 

Yes, it's quite possible but I am still not sure why he wanted to go on public about this. Also, the book should have come out after his retirement but who knows, maybe he's thinking about that too.
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Rafael Nadal « Reply #2747 on: August 18, 2012, 10:39 PM »

Lots of players have books out before they retire.  Andy had one published when he was 21 - interesting but a little premature!  Maybe Rafa felt he had a score to settle.
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Top Seed

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: Rafael Nadal « Reply #2748 on: August 18, 2012, 10:49 PM »

Some info about Hoffa's Syndrome:

http://orthopaedic.com.sg/hoffas-syndrome-fat-pad-impingement-syndrome-a-cause-of-anterior-knee-pain/
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Rafael Nadal « Reply #2749 on: August 19, 2012, 07:21 AM »

@ Ruthie. Rafa's team are saying rest and hoping he'll play at Davis Cup but the www is saying an op. is on the cards.
And tbh an op isn't that major as it involves key hole surgery.
Of course the real issue is whether or not Rafa's poor old knees can withstand yet more battering.
IP Logged
Philip
Seed

Re: Rafael Nadal « Reply #2750 on: August 19, 2012, 07:46 AM »

Now I have read about uncle Toni iron fist way of management, I sympathise more with Nadal rituals (pulling his pants, taking long time between points, arranging water bottles) as a mean to take control of his life in some way.

It is interesting that Nadal is playing DC even though he could have chosen to focus on his Singles matches to replace lost points due to injury. This shows he loves to contribute to his country and the strength and support obtained from his teammates. Maybe it is there that uncle Toni's influence is much weakened, and also there where he feels he is most appreciated.

Nadal has already achieved almost everything that he needs so it is right he chooses to enjoy the remaining time of his playing career.  Good for Nadal.  I hope he will be fit and healthy soon.
[ Last edit by Philip August 19, 2012, 07:50 AM ] IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Rafael Nadal « Reply #2751 on: August 19, 2012, 11:27 AM »

I agree with you Philip. He has nothing to prove. He is very young and has his whole life ahead.
Best not to destroy your body say I.
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Rafael Nadal « Reply #2752 on: August 19, 2012, 02:07 PM »

It is interesting that Nadal is playing DC even though he could have chosen to focus on his Singles matches to replace lost points due to injury. This shows he loves to contribute to his country and the strength and support obtained from his teammates. Maybe it is there that uncle Toni's influence is much weakened, and also there where he feels he is most appreciated.

Do we know that he is definitely playing DC?
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Rafael Nadal « Reply #2753 on: August 19, 2012, 03:15 PM »

No he's just said he hopes to play and it makes sense to do so if he can, not just to be part of the team but to play himself back on clay during what is otherwise the hard court season which is so hard on his knees.  I imagine he won't make a decision until the week before.
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Top Seed

Re: Rafael Nadal « Reply #2754 on: August 20, 2012, 02:43 PM »

Rumours are getting stronger on the Net that Rafa is under a 'silent' ATP ban for doping.

You can Google it: http://www.google.co.uk/#hl=en&safe=off&output=search&sclient=psy-ab&q=nadal+silent+atp+ban&oq=nadal+silent+atp+ban&gs_l=hp.3...1097.4215.0.4518.20.20.0.0.0.0.157.2023.14j6.20.0...0.0...1c.eZGel-PNPYM&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&fp=861f8e23df00fca0&biw=1024&bih=656
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Rafael Nadal « Reply #2755 on: August 20, 2012, 02:52 PM »

I think that's all it is. As soon as a top player starts pulling out of tournaments like he's been then the critics and parasites are going to start looking for some dark conspiracy. Rafa is very strong in his support of responsible drinking and anti-doping, I'm not buying it for a minute.
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Top Seed

Re: Rafael Nadal « Reply #2756 on: August 20, 2012, 02:52 PM »

I blame Uncle Toni. He bad man.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Rafael Nadal « Reply #2757 on: August 20, 2012, 02:54 PM »

Yeah Nigel.. I'd been hearing about these rumours too for a bit. Also rumours circulating about Nole.
My jury is out until the facts are in.
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Rafael Nadal « Reply #2758 on: August 20, 2012, 02:56 PM »

I blame Uncle Toni. He bad man.

Shrug When it comes to Toni- despite family loyalty if Rafa disliked or felt that pressurised by Toni to do certain things, play a certain way and project a certain image- he's a big enough boy to do something about it. The whole family is very sport focused and I'd have thought if there was such pressure for Rafa to play a sport you'd have imagined in Spain it would be for football like his other uncle no? Wink
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Top Seed

Re: Rafael Nadal « Reply #2759 on: August 20, 2012, 02:57 PM »

Recent pictures of him with his family show him with spindly arms. That could be down to not playing, but it's a mighty reduction in muscle mass in such a short space of time.

I like Nadal and hope it's not true.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 181 182 183 [184] 185 186 187 ... 231 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »