Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  Rafael Nadal 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 182 183 184 [185] 186 187 188 ... 231 Go Down Reply
Author

Rafael Nadal

(Read 100047 times)
Grabcopy
Top Seed

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: Rafael Nadal « Reply #2760 on: August 20, 2012, 02:58 PM »

These silent bans are commonplace, usually followed by a plummet down the rankings. Remember Robredo, anyone?
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Rafael Nadal « Reply #2761 on: August 20, 2012, 03:06 PM »

Recent pictures of him with his family show him with spindly arms. That could be down to not playing, but it's a mighty reduction in muscle mass in such a short space of time.

I like Nadal and hope it's not true.

His arms have been looking less bulked out throughout this year so I think that's a gradual difference combined with not playing recently.
IP Logged
janscribe
Veteran

Let's Go!!!

Re: Rafael Nadal « Reply #2762 on: August 20, 2012, 03:38 PM »

I find it hard to believe that Rafa would be involved with doping or anything underhand. He's had this knee problem for some years - please let that one not be true - he's our second favourite tennis player and the game's not the same without him.
IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

Re: Rafael Nadal « Reply #2763 on: August 20, 2012, 03:51 PM »

Do people always spout this shite, questioning someone's injury?

I blame Rafa's camp for not giving his fans adequate information. Rafa said in a press conference that this injury is "different" which has sparked some ludicrous rumours but what is extremely saddening is that perhaps it could mean that it's not his tendons but cartilage which is the problem which means it's the end, he will plummet down the rankings. Rafa had two or three MRI scans before the Rosol match so there were obviously problems which we weren't being told about at the time, he also had injection marks all over his left knee.

At best he will last another two years and when he goes it will be the saddest day in sporting history for me.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Rafael Nadal « Reply #2764 on: August 20, 2012, 03:57 PM »

Remember all the crap Andy had to put up with when he was being accused of faking his back injury? He got to the point where he publicly challenged the media to check his doctors' reports.

IP Logged
craighateslife
Challenger Level

Gotta eat Protein

Re: Rafael Nadal « Reply #2765 on: August 20, 2012, 04:04 PM »

Rafa has tendinitis. It it constant problem for him but will flare up during the changing of surfaces more than any other time of the year.

People who are accusing him of a silent ban from the ATP please post evidence or be quiet.
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Top Seed

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: Rafael Nadal « Reply #2766 on: August 20, 2012, 04:04 PM »

I dunno what to believe. Anything's possible. If Rafa was doing drugs, it'd be like finding Father Christmas snogging the missus.
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: Rafael Nadal « Reply #2767 on: August 20, 2012, 04:05 PM »

Rafa has tendinitis. It it constant problem for him but will flare up during the changing of surfaces more than any other time of the year.

People who are accusing him of a silent ban from the ATP please post evidence or be quiet.
He is suffering from Hoffa's syndrome
IP Logged
craighateslife
Challenger Level

Gotta eat Protein

Re: Rafael Nadal « Reply #2768 on: August 20, 2012, 04:09 PM »

He is suffering from Hoffa's syndrome

Poor guy

Just hope he gets healthy and we can watch him play again.
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: Rafael Nadal « Reply #2769 on: August 20, 2012, 04:13 PM »

After watching Nadal and NJ play those matches at the AO in Jan, my immediate thought was "what are they taking?", and went looking. I believe that I was not the only one who had those thoughts.

Personally I would be very surprised if it were not true.
Nadal just looks completely abnormal to me, and NJ's performance was bordering on the superhuman.

Whilst I now accept that Nadal has some issues with his knees, my experience of joint problems is that they simply don't enable you to keep coming back and performing at the level he was operating at. Hence my believe that the situation was/is infinitely more complex.

I should stress that I don't see dopers around every corner - I can't stand Fed, but I don't think his performance is enhanced in that way.

If that is the case then it needs to be out in the open. I would hate the thought that Murray has not been competing on a level playing field, with his routes to finals blocked by somebody cheating.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Rafael Nadal « Reply #2770 on: August 20, 2012, 04:21 PM »

I've had knee surgery twice in my left knee due to the pounding I put my joints through. Also had back surgery last year.
Rafa says he doesn't want surgery, but if he needs it he needs it. Surgery's no biggie nowadays.
When you are fit, and especially young, the recovery is fast. Gave me my life back. My only regret is I didn't get it done sooner because I thought I could tough it out, and ended up doing more damage.

Good luck Rafa!
IP Logged
tennis_girl
World No 1

Re: Rafael Nadal « Reply #2771 on: August 20, 2012, 04:28 PM »

After watching Nadal and NJ play those matches at the AO in Jan, my immediate thought was "what are they taking?", and went looking. I believe that I was not the only one who had those thoughts.

Personally I would be very surprised if it were not true.
Nadal just looks completely abnormal to me, and NJ's performance was bordering on the superhuman.

If that is the case then it needs to be out in the open. I would hate the thought that Murray has not been competing on a level playing field, with his routes to finals blocked by somebody cheating.

lol

So now the only thing that's stopping Murray from getting where he should be is Nole and Rafa cheating? Come off it, that's so ******* over the top.

IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Rafael Nadal « Reply #2772 on: August 20, 2012, 05:08 PM »

I think both Federer fans and the media who seem to adore (understatement) Federer and hate Nadal for ruining Federer's GOAT status will be very much into spreading these sorts of rumours.

I too think Nadal’s camp should have been come up with something more solid and consistent rather than one week it’s this, another week it’s something else. People often forget that both Nadal and Nole were in a serious fight from the start of 2011 until this year’s RG and they both seem to be all burnt out because of it. That’s actually one very rational explanation. Even John Mac didn’t play for six months or sort of retired due to mental exhaustions in 1986 I believe.

But isn’t there a rumour about Federer doping as well? I mean how this guy stays this fit for this long is a question itself too, no?
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: Rafael Nadal « Reply #2773 on: August 20, 2012, 05:13 PM »

Tennis Girl. Not saying that at all. There are many other factors involved, not least of which is Mr M and his own demons. Apologies if it came over like that.

Non the less I do not like or trust Nadal. His performance in the match against Rosel, showed what he is like, and there are lots of other examples of his gamesmanship. Equally he did bother to send good wishes to Mr M, for the Wimbledon Final and congratulate him on his Olympic victory.

I have a bit more sympathy with NJ this year - he seems more human.

What I have said is that if Nadal and NJ were involved in doping in some way, I personally would not be surprised. I stand by that view. It doesn't make it true, or untrue. In the absence of any actually evidence who can say?  Equally I have the right to an opinion, just like some people hold the view that Fed is a nice guy, dripping with humility.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Rafael Nadal « Reply #2774 on: August 20, 2012, 05:20 PM »

Tennis Girl. Not saying that at all. There are many other factors involved, not least of which is Mr M and his own demons. Apologies if it came over like that.

Non the less I do not like or trust Nadal. His performance in the match against Rosel, showed what he is like, and there are lots of other examples of his gamesmanship. Equally he did bother to send good wishes to Mr M, for the Wimbledon Final and congratulate him on his Olympic victory.

I have a bit more sympathy with NJ this year - he seems more human.

What I have said is that if Nadal and NJ were involved in doping in some way, I personally would not be surprised. I stand by that view. It doesn't make it true, or untrue. In the absence of any actually evidence who can say?  Equally I have the right to an opinion, just like some people hold the view that Fed is a nice guy, dripping with humility.

Of course you do. After all, we didn't know anything about Agassi' Chrystal meth until the book came out and directly from the horse’s mouth so anything is possible. It's not an ideal world we live in after all.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 182 183 184 [185] 186 187 188 ... 231 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »