Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  Rafael Nadal 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 185 186 187 [188] 189 190 191 ... 231 Go Down Reply
Author

Rafael Nadal

(Read 101858 times)
drchef
Challenger Level

"Corey, Trevor.....Smokes, let's go!"

Re: Rafael Nadal « Reply #2805 on: August 21, 2012, 08:58 PM »

People should be allowed to take whatever they want and still compete. Id love to see Bolt doing the 100m in 3.2 smacked out his head Smile At the very least lest have a druggy games right after the Paraolympics have been on. Its just like F1. They spend more time coming up with regulations to impede progress. The rules should be get round that track 70 odd times as fast as you can.  w00t

IP Logged
Philip
Seed

Re: Rafael Nadal « Reply #2806 on: August 21, 2012, 09:19 PM »

I think some if not all of the superhuman achievements by Nadal and Djokovic could be attributed to science : improved training / fitness, better nutrition (gluten free diet), recovery pod... Having said that, I marvel at this year AO how they were able to battle it out over 6 hours at a really high level, hitting 40+ rallies running flat out in the 5th set.  Especially Djokovic after his 5 hours match with Andy less than 48 hours earlier.  I recall him eating something strange looking during matches previously. Couldn't say what it was. It did not look like chocolate.  Something chewy that Nole quickly hid under his towel after taking a few bites quickly at the break over.

Maybe they are just blessed with special genes ! Nadal with his huge biceps, quads even in his early days ...

IP Logged
tennis_girl
World No 1

Re: Rafael Nadal « Reply #2807 on: September 11, 2012, 12:45 PM »

IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: Rafael Nadal « Reply #2808 on: September 11, 2012, 12:50 PM »

Thanks for that. I had hoped Nadal would congratulate him. I doubt Federer will...!!!
IP Logged
drchef
Challenger Level

"Corey, Trevor.....Smokes, let's go!"

Re: Rafael Nadal « Reply #2809 on: September 11, 2012, 01:15 PM »

On another note I read that Rafa has earmarked Rio 2016 as his retirement date. Kind  of strange to hear given that Fed wants to be there too. Sad.
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: Rafael Nadal « Reply #2810 on: September 11, 2012, 03:23 PM »

On another note I read that Rafa has earmarked Rio 2016 as his retirement date. Kind  of strange to hear given that Fed wants to be there too. Sad.

I don't think that there is a hope on hell of Federer being at Rio as a competitor. I think we are seeing the first signs of decline. I know people have been predicting it for ages, but it has to happen at some point. Fed is already 31, it is getting harder to manage long stretches of matches. I think the same will apply to Ferrer. Murray's time is upon us.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Rafael Nadal « Reply #2811 on: September 26, 2012, 12:07 PM »

French Open champion Rafael Nadal does not know when he will be fit to play tennis again, but insists he has "plenty of years ahead" in the sport.

The 11-time Grand Slam champion is recovering from a knee injury and has not played since Wimbledon in June.

"I will return to the court when I feel that the knee no longer gives me any pain, whether that is in two weeks or in three or four," said the Spaniard.

Nadal, 26, has slipped to fourth in the world rankings.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/tennis/19712224
IP Logged
Coldmarek
Top Seed

Andy Murray is better than you.

Re: Rafael Nadal « Reply #2812 on: September 26, 2012, 04:21 PM »

Nice video.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Rafael Nadal « Reply #2813 on: September 27, 2012, 07:09 AM »

Rio is on clay, I believe, so I can just about see Rafa there, providing his injuries don't get worse again once he starts playing.
Really miss his presence on the tour.
Don't think Fed has a hope in hell of a gold medal at Rio. Indeed it would be  shocking if he did. Rolling Eyes
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: Rafael Nadal « Reply #2814 on: September 27, 2012, 02:11 PM »

Haha really like that Rafa video! Thanks Coldmarek. Smile

IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Rafael Nadal « Reply #2815 on: September 27, 2012, 04:30 PM »

Haha brilliant video. I'm reading Rafa's book right now, I never used to like him but I've gained a lot through the book.
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: Rafael Nadal « Reply #2816 on: September 27, 2012, 05:04 PM »

Brilliant vid, but bluffing,  no way - it's lying, pure & simple!!
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Rafael Nadal « Reply #2817 on: September 27, 2012, 06:04 PM »

I really feel bad for Rafa..just waiting for him to come back  pray
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Rafael Nadal « Reply #2818 on: September 27, 2012, 06:05 PM »

BTW, nice video Coldmarek...thanks Smile
IP Logged
Philip
Seed

Re: Rafael Nadal « Reply #2819 on: September 27, 2012, 06:16 PM »

It is quite possible that Nadal chooses to compete mainly on clay, grass and GSs and still be competitive.

This year, in 6 months which includes a totally dominant clay season, Nadal has earned more points than Andy has in 9 months which is why Nadal is still 3rd in the race to London WTF leading to some newspapers misreporting Nadal as 3rd in the singles ranking. Absolutely incredible. Before the USO win, Andy was 2100 points behind and now only 100 points or so behind.  Andy has gained ~4000 points on Nadal (after the latter loss to Rosol)  at Wim, Olympic, and USO just to catch up.

Prior to Wim, Andy has earned a meagre ~3000 points or so leading some here to fear him dropping out of the top 4.
[ Last edit by Philip September 27, 2012, 06:22 PM ] IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 185 186 187 [188] 189 190 191 ... 231 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »