Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  Rafael Nadal 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 186 187 188 [189] 190 191 192 ... 231 Go Down Reply
Author

Rafael Nadal

(Read 103627 times)
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: Rafael Nadal « Reply #2820 on: September 27, 2012, 08:52 PM »

That's a cracking video btw, excellent idea. Smile
IP Logged
Tasmanian Devil
Challenger Level

Re: Rafael Nadal « Reply #2821 on: October 29, 2012, 06:48 PM »

Haha really like that Rafa video! Thanks Coldmarek. Smile

Yeah, it was sweet!  I'd be curious to see how many people would recognise him if he spent an hour working on my Morrisons kiosk.  Can someone make that happen, please!
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Rafael Nadal « Reply #2822 on: November 25, 2012, 12:41 AM »

http://www.tennis.com/news/2012/11/dear-rafa-thanks/45502/#.ULFoxeN5y0K hahaha
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Rafael Nadal « Reply #2823 on: November 25, 2012, 01:22 AM »

^ Perhaps I've got a twisted sense of humour but I thought that article was really funny, even if it is a little unkind to Andy, which is more than can be said of some of those who posted comments about it.  Some people need to get a life.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Rafael Nadal « Reply #2824 on: November 25, 2012, 01:23 AM »

Agreed Aileen. I don't mind a bit of fun being poked at my favourite sports stars, as long as it's in a good jest.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: Rafael Nadal « Reply #2825 on: November 25, 2012, 03:14 AM »

Dont want to sound stupid but did they actually write them. If they did I would shake their hands. Roger's is particularly funny because he totally gives **** to Rafa.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Rafael Nadal « Reply #2826 on: November 26, 2012, 02:31 AM »

Dont want to sound stupid but did they actually write them. If they did I would shake their hands. Roger's is particularly funny because he totally gives sh*t to Rafa.
I really don't think so.  Just looking at Djoko's alone convinces me.  His spoken English is very good, but I seriously doubt he could come out with something like this -

"I was really worried going into Wimbledon, and it wasn’t about Roger. I’m sick of how he looks like a sourpuss out there all the time now, but I’ll be the first to admit that he’s still got game, dopey one-handed backhand and all. And Andy Murray? Oh, please! I honestly think Neil Harman would have had more confidence playing against me."

Apart from anything else would Djoko even know who Neil Harman is?
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Rafael Nadal « Reply #2827 on: November 26, 2012, 09:53 AM »

Very amusing but I'm sure they didn't write them - it has the air of Pseudofed about it!
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Rafael Nadal « Reply #2828 on: November 26, 2012, 11:59 AM »

Nah,they're good,and they're funny,but I'm gonna say they definitely weren't written by the actual players!I agree with Alis,it sounds like it was written by someone aiming for the kind of thing Pseudofed does-though to be honest,I think they should've had him do them him (her?) self-he just does it so well that I don't think much can top his,or even come close to it!They were funny though.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Rafael Nadal « Reply #2829 on: November 26, 2012, 04:41 PM »

I quite like the 3 letters!
I actually burst out laughing for the Fed one mainly lol
IP Logged
IonaRed
Challenger Level

Re: Rafael Nadal « Reply #2830 on: November 27, 2012, 01:11 AM »

Very amusing but I'm sure they didn't write them - it has the air of Pseudofed about it!

I think Pseudofed would have done a better job to be honest.
IP Logged
flowerpower
Challenger Level

Re: Rafael Nadal « Reply #2831 on: November 28, 2012, 04:10 PM »

Nadal today in R'dam; positive about his come back;

http://www.nu.nl/sport/2969309/nadal-positief-herstel-bij-opening-playground-in-rotterdam.html

Nadal brings secret flying visit to Rotterdam

28/11/12, 16:27 - Source: Reuters

© anp. Rafael Nadal (L) and Richard Krajicek between Rotterdam schoolchildren.

While the rain clatters down the blue sports field, beats Rafael Nadal laughing all balls back to the Rotterdam children across the net on his firing. Rain or shine, the Spanish tennis star that makes no difference. .

For months he could Mallorca enjoy the sun, but in the Dutch rain Nadal apparently more in his element. "Hopefully I can quickly real parties play," Nadal said during his surprise visit to Rotterdam. .

The Spanish tennis star had the plane caught in the district Hillegersberg-Schiebroek to be present at the opening of the 100th 'playground' of the Richard Krajicek Foundation. "It's a special day for Richard, because I want to be. Moreover, we are the Rafa Nadal Foundation also to young people to sports. The organization consists of Richard for 15 years and only 4 of us, so we can still learn, "said Nadal, whose visit was deliberately stopped by Krajicek in order to prevent a rush of fans.

It typifies the good relationship between Nadal and world star Krajicek that his training would interrupt to just up and down to Rotterdam travel. The former number 1 of the world resumed training last week, nearly five months after he had stood on the side with a lingering knee injury. After his humiliating defeat in the second round of Wimbledon, against Czech Lukas Rosol, Nadal had to opt out of the Olympics, U.S. Open and ATP World Tour Finals.

"I've missed many important tournaments, but injuries are part of the sport. If you are injured, you should accept it. " The Spaniard did in the intervening period some work for his Fundación Rafa Nadal "and enjoyed being with family on Majorca. "Although it was pretty fun, I was not happy. I would namely like tennis. Now I'm back 1 hour per day on the train, going in the right direction. "

Perhaps he will end this year in Abu Dhabi as usual again compete with Roger Federer, Novak Djokovic and Andy Murray. In Rotterdam, the opposition still some other level, but it was fun none the less. Nadal played first with Mayor Ahmed Aboutaleb at his side a game against Krajicek and Rotterdam scholar and then took the time to in the pouring rain with all children to play golf. It was the Spaniard visibly enjoy being back on the track stand.

[ Last edit by flowerpower November 28, 2012, 06:39 PM ] IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Rafael Nadal « Reply #2832 on: November 28, 2012, 08:48 PM »

I guess this was a Google translation!
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: Rafael Nadal « Reply #2833 on: November 28, 2012, 11:55 PM »

I guess this was a Google translation!
  I thought someone might be testing  a Pseudonadal persona!!
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Rafael Nadal « Reply #2834 on: November 29, 2012, 02:43 AM »

Thanks flowerpower.  Quaint though the translation is, its drift is clear.  Also in additional to Abu Dhabi I understand that Nadal is playing Doha as well.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 186 187 188 [189] 190 191 192 ... 231 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »