Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  Rafael Nadal 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 188 189 190 [191] 192 193 194 ... 231 Go Down Reply
Author

Rafael Nadal

(Read 99782 times)
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Rafael Nadal « Reply #2850 on: December 06, 2012, 07:29 PM »

2011 was a very hard year for Nadal - perhaps the toughest. Nole pretty much tamed him and even though Nadal had 3 wins over Nole in 2012, all of them were on clay, Nadal's best surface. He seems all bunrt out to be quite honest. Will be very interesting to see how he fares in 2013 after the long break. Will be a crucial year for him. He will have tough competition on clay as well. I detect Nole will bring his goods on clay this time around. Andy will be the underdog and you can never write Federer off. RG doesn’t looks as a sure thing for Nadal but more importantly, he can’t go on winning it forever.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Rafael Nadal « Reply #2851 on: December 06, 2012, 10:57 PM »

I am reading two things out of what Nadal has said so far:

1. He will only play if he's fit.
2. If he plays, he's not expecting to win (of course this lengthy break aside, he's been known to put the pressure back on to someone else even when he's super fit)

So if he plays, he will have to play those mandatory events as well. So my guess would be that he will skip AO and all related tournaments afterwards and start with clay season.

He's definitely keeping his both options open. Let's see what happens.

Then why has he put his name down for Acapulco, IW and Miami if he has intentions of skipping them?
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Rafael Nadal « Reply #2852 on: December 10, 2012, 06:33 PM »

Then why has he put his name down for Acapulco, IW and Miami if he has intentions of skipping them?

Why not? It's a much better option not to mention a very smart and wise move to have to put his name down in case opportunities open up. He may also feel much better physically by then. Then there are the fans. They are waiting for his return and you don't want to tell them that you are not going to play until May. There are just too many uncertainties there. He’s just keeping his options open.
IP Logged
flowerpower
Challenger Level

Relax All is good!

Re: Rafael Nadal « Reply #2853 on: December 11, 2012, 09:03 PM »

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/tennis/rafaelnadal/9736828/Rafael-Nadal-confident-he-can-make-winning-return-at-Mubadala-Tennis-Championship.html
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: Rafael Nadal « Reply #2854 on: December 11, 2012, 09:47 PM »

If Nadal said this and meant that he could win this, then all I can say that it would be a miracle and all the other participants would have to be suffering from injury or they were ill. No one could come back from six months off and play well enough to win. I really don't think we will see Nadal winning until he's back on the clay and even then I still have my doubts it the early clay season, but we will have to wait and see. It took Del Po an age to get back to winning ways.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Rafael Nadal « Reply #2855 on: December 12, 2012, 01:29 PM »

If Nadal said this and meant that he could win this, then all I can say that it would be a miracle and all the other participants would have to be suffering from injury or they were ill. No one could come back from six months off and play well enough to win. I really don't think we will see Nadal winning until he's back on the clay and even then I still have my doubts it the early clay season, but we will have to wait and see. It took Del Po an age to get back to winning ways.

I'd be very surprised if Nadal was back to winning ways immediately. To me his recent comments sound like an attempt to be ultra positive, which I suppose is good in some ways, but might not be realistic. Still, Abu Dhabi is only an exhibition, so I suppose it is academic anyway.

I think with Delpo his injury affected his confidence and that took him a while to get over. He was out for a year though, maybe even a bit longer, so it is bound to shake you up a bit when you get back. It will be interesting to see when or even if, Nadal can get back to his best.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Rafael Nadal « Reply #2856 on: December 12, 2012, 02:47 PM »

Why is he getting so excited about an exo? I will wait and see if he plays in real tournament. Very contradictory both articles, no doubt.

Can't pinpoint my feelings when it comes to Nadal but contradictory comments like these and the vague statements surrounding his knee injuries sometimes put me in a position not to trust his words at all.
IP Logged
flowerpower
Challenger Level

Relax All is good!

Re: Rafael Nadal « Reply #2857 on: December 26, 2012, 08:20 AM »

Nadal is ill, so cant play in Abu Dhabi

http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/2012/12/25/nadal-iphone-vstrator/1783139/

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2012/dec/25/rafael-nadal-comeback-illness
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Rafael Nadal « Reply #2858 on: December 28, 2012, 08:38 PM »

In the past 6 months since the infamous Rosol match at Wimbledon, there have been all manner of rumours about Nadal.
The RumourMill has been in overdrive today in light of his withdrawal from Doha and the AO.
Whether it's his knee, a stomach bug, or other scurrilous accusations of doping, he also has to contend with his rituals.
I don't know if he's been diagnosed, but he certainly presents as OCD.

I have no idea what is fact or fiction, but I like him and sincerely hope we get to see him back in action soon.

Here's an interesting article about his behaviour:

Inside the mind of Rafael Nadal the neurotic

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/tennis/inside-the-mind-of-rafael-nadal-the-neurotic/story-fnbe6xeb-1226544759810
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Top Seed

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: Rafael Nadal « Reply #2859 on: December 28, 2012, 09:48 PM »

We're not being told something. You don't withdraw from the Australian Open 17 days in advance with a stomach bug.
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: Rafael Nadal « Reply #2860 on: December 28, 2012, 09:50 PM »

He,s still serving his drug ban.
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Top Seed

Re: Rafael Nadal « Reply #2861 on: December 28, 2012, 09:53 PM »

Yes, I believe he is. Or IT'S BEEN EXTENDED.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: Rafael Nadal « Reply #2862 on: December 28, 2012, 09:54 PM »

^I see you subscribe to the silent ban theory.
How about you, Nigel?
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: Rafael Nadal « Reply #2863 on: December 28, 2012, 09:55 PM »

Oops.. your post pipped mine. Now I see.

I dunno.. call me naive, I don't want to think that way.
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Top Seed

Re: Rafael Nadal « Reply #2864 on: December 28, 2012, 09:56 PM »

I was doubtful, but this has put me in a spin. 17 days off the AO and he pulls out cos he has a sore tummy? Do me a favour. I like Nadal a lot, but this is dubious at best.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 188 189 190 [191] 192 193 194 ... 231 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »