Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  Rafael Nadal 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 191 192 193 [194] 195 196 197 ... 231 Go Down Reply
Author

Rafael Nadal

(Read 107864 times)
scotnadian
World No 1

Give me your JMac, Henman, Cash & 2 balls.

Re: Rafael Nadal « Reply #2895 on: January 28, 2013, 06:50 PM »

Rafa and Uncle Toni are currently in Chile for the Vina Del Mar tournie. He's scheduled to play dubs with Juan Monaco on 5th Feb, and his opening round singles match on 6th.

Re-posting.
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: Rafael Nadal « Reply #2896 on: January 28, 2013, 06:55 PM »

Re-posting.
Bet it's the best attended dubs in history, maybe of all time!
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Rafael Nadal « Reply #2897 on: January 28, 2013, 06:56 PM »

Rafa and Uncle Toni are currently in Chile for the Vina Del Mar tournie. He's scheduled to play dubs with Juan Monaco on 5th Feb, and his opening round singles match on 6th.
Thanks Linda.  This seems to be widely known but I've checked the tournament info and there's no mention at all of Nadal, which seems a little strange.  Maybe though they haven't got round to updating the website - something which is often left until the last minute.

Also if anyone is looking for a livestream I came across this link - http://www.live-tennis.com/Live-Tennis-Streams/  I'll certainly be keen to see how he gets on in his first tournament after that long lay-off.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Rafael Nadal « Reply #2898 on: January 28, 2013, 07:02 PM »

Replaced his knees? You're saying you can be a pro tennis player on PLASTIC KNEES? I think it's unlikely.

After years of bad tennis technique, I have arthritis in my elbow. I was told I would eventually need a new elbow and that I would have 20% of the strength of a real elbow, at best.
I don't think it's his actual knees because my cousin had one replaced and yet still had some difficulty just walking for a long time afterwards.  What I think could be meant is that the tendons and/or ligaments have been replaced with artificial ones - something which I understand would still enable him to play tennis, although at what level of intensity I wouldn't know.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: Rafael Nadal « Reply #2899 on: January 28, 2013, 07:05 PM »

He's all over the home page, Aileen. Shrug
http://www.vtropen.cl/
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: Rafael Nadal « Reply #2900 on: January 28, 2013, 07:20 PM »

I wonder if he has talked to Delpo at all about this.  He is the best guy to ask right now about coming back after a long lay off.

He definitely would be a good person to speak to. From what I understand, he struggled a lot during his injury layoff and I'm sure Rafa's gone through similar feelings himself - it must be so frustrating for professional athletes to be prevented from doing their job by chronic injuries. It also took Delpo a full year to get his level back again, though of course with him it was worse as he lost all of his ranking points. Rafa's lucky to have all his clay points and not to have dropped further than 5 - at least he won't get any nightmare R1 draws in his first tournaments back.

That's great news! Can't wait to see Rafa back in action again. Smile
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Rafael Nadal « Reply #2901 on: January 28, 2013, 07:22 PM »

He's all over the home page, Aileen. Shrug
http://www.vtropen.cl/
Thanks.  That one didn't come up in my Google search, probably because I was looking for Vina del Mar/tennis, so got the ATP version.  Thankfully the English translation provided is reasonably good.

Also for anyone else interested in watching, Vina Del Mar is GMT -3.   It'll be a relief now not to be spending my time thinking I'm a day ahead of myself, although that must be worse for you.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: Rafael Nadal « Reply #2902 on: January 28, 2013, 07:38 PM »

Rafa is now officially #5 in the ATP rankings, with David Ferrer #4.

We all knew this would happen, but still looks weird seeing that number next to his name.
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: Rafael Nadal « Reply #2903 on: January 28, 2013, 07:59 PM »

I've heard he's had a sex-change. There's been eight months of legal wrangling to decide if Rafaella Nadal can switch to the WTA tour.
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Re: Rafael Nadal « Reply #2904 on: January 28, 2013, 08:51 PM »

I've heard he's had a sex-change. There's been eight months of legal wrangling to decide if Rafaella Nadal can switch to the WTA tour.
  That's well below your usual high standards. Disappointing.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Rafael Nadal « Reply #2905 on: January 28, 2013, 10:45 PM »

That shows I'm tired. I thought it was hilarious lol. Creates a scary mental image mind lol.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Rafael Nadal « Reply #2906 on: January 29, 2013, 01:55 AM »

Even worse than Robbie ... Whistle
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Rafael Nadal « Reply #2907 on: January 29, 2013, 07:07 AM »

Fraid so Grab nah
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: Rafael Nadal « Reply #2908 on: January 30, 2013, 05:05 PM »

One week ahead of his expected return to tennis, Rafael Nadal says his left knee is still causing him pain.

The 26-year-old Spaniard is scheduled to play next week in Chile before heading to tournaments in Brazil and Mexico.

Speaking Wednesday on the island of Mallorca, Nadal says that although his knee is looking better, "sometimes it still hurts ... but I have to start sooner or later."

Nadal says playing at the three Latin American tournaments "will be very useful," adding he is "fine, enthusiastic," after not playing since losing to Lukas Rosol in the second round at Wimbledon.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/tennis/story/2013/01/30/sp-tennis-atp-rafael-nadal-knee-injury.html
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Re: Rafael Nadal « Reply #2909 on: January 30, 2013, 05:12 PM »

One week ahead of his expected return to tennis, Rafael Nadal says his left knee is still causing him pain.

The 26-year-old Spaniard is scheduled to play next week in Chile before heading to tournaments in Brazil and Mexico.

Speaking Wednesday on the island of Mallorca, Nadal says that although his knee is looking better, "sometimes it still hurts ... but I have to start sooner or later."

Nadal says playing at the three Latin American tournaments "will be very useful," adding he is "fine, enthusiastic," after not playing since losing to Lukas Rosol in the second round at Wimbledon.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/tennis/story/2013/01/30/sp-tennis-atp-rafael-nadal-knee-injury.html
   Confused. Thought he was now in Chile since the weekend. Have to say things don't sound too good for him at all. Really hope he doesn't try to come back too quickly or the top guys will mince him.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 191 192 193 [194] 195 196 197 ... 231 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »