Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  Rafael Nadal 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 196 197 198 [199] 200 201 202 ... 231 Go Down Reply
Author

Rafael Nadal

(Read 107597 times)
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Rafael Nadal « Reply #2970 on: February 02, 2013, 09:04 PM »

Wasn't surprised to see smug face with his pink laces though eughh Frown
It was the 'sweetie' shade of pink that was so bad.  I think he looks fine in his light pink shirts.  Some men think pink is a bit poofy but I've a male friend who is anything but that, and it really suits him too.
[ Last edit by Aileen February 02, 2013, 09:07 PM ] IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Rafael Nadal « Reply #2971 on: February 02, 2013, 09:54 PM »

Ha ha. Must admit some men suit pink shirts but my hubby would throw me oot the door if I bought him anything pink  w00t
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Rafael Nadal « Reply #2972 on: February 02, 2013, 10:53 PM »

Ha ha. Must admit some men suit pink shirts but my hubby would throw me oot the door if I bought him anything pink  w00t
My 'ex' was the same.  He always insisted on wearing white pants and one time I did a wash with something red - and his pants came out a delicate shade of pale pink.  He wasn't impressed but carried on wearing them anyway because he was too mean to buy himself new ones. Very Happy
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: Rafael Nadal « Reply #2973 on: February 02, 2013, 11:01 PM »

I wear a fair amount of pink and purple. I suit them.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Re: Rafael Nadal « Reply #2974 on: February 02, 2013, 11:25 PM »

Betcha do gangsta.......& thats just ur handbags lol  Whistle
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: Rafael Nadal « Reply #2975 on: February 02, 2013, 11:39 PM »

Betcha do gangsta.......& thats just ur handbags lol  Whistle

Don't forget the sunglasses. SWAG ALERT!
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Rafael Nadal « Reply #2976 on: February 02, 2013, 11:42 PM »

What baffles me is the number of teenage girls and young adults who wear a lot of black - and that at an age when they should be wearing bright, cheerful colours.  It really doesn't do anything for them - at least I don't think so, but maybe you guys find it sexy.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Re: Rafael Nadal « Reply #2977 on: February 03, 2013, 12:21 AM »

quote author=Aileen link=topic=1110.msg838556#msg838556 date=1359845624]
My 'ex' was the same.  He always insisted on wearing white pants and one time I did a wash with something red - and his pants came out a delicate shade of pale pink.  He wasn't impressed but carried on wearing them anyway because he was too mean to buy himself new ones. Very Happy
[/quote]

Ha I have done that before.....I usually just laugh it off & tell the lazy swine to do his own wash in future  Very Happy
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Rafael Nadal « Reply #2978 on: February 03, 2013, 12:31 AM »

Ha I have done that before.....I usually just laugh it off & tell the lazy swine to do his own wash in future  Very Happy
I did laugh it off, but he didn't.  I used to get comments like "I hope I'm not involved in an accident" ... as if anyone would care then what colour his underwear was! lol
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: Rafael Nadal « Reply #2979 on: February 03, 2013, 11:14 AM »

Thought provoking article on the effects of Nadal's absence and the shape of a new Murray-Nadal-Djokovic dynamic if Rafa's come-back works.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1510532-rafael-nadal-and-andy-murray-set-for-collision-course-in-2013
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Rafael Nadal « Reply #2980 on: February 03, 2013, 12:21 PM »

I didn't really take much notice of what he was wearing,to be honest-but I did not like the pink on the shoes.And I hated the yellow shorts.Didn't really like the white version of the top either,come to think of it!But it was the shorts that I really objected to.Just a big no,in my opinion.

I second that.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Rafael Nadal « Reply #2981 on: February 03, 2013, 12:21 PM »

At least the orange on Rafa's shirt is only a small band at the neck, but his shoes are orange too and the shorts, etc, are dark grey.  Sorry I can't get the link to open on here, but ... yuk

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.543669578990383.126198.278612362162774&type=3

The shoes! yuk yuk
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Rafael Nadal « Reply #2982 on: February 03, 2013, 03:13 PM »

Thought provoking article on the effects of Nadal's absence and the shape of a new Murray-Nadal-Djokovic dynamic if Rafa's come-back works.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1510532-rafael-nadal-and-andy-murray-set-for-collision-course-in-2013
What a critical article. Basically sweepingly states that the only reason Murray achieved his success last year was because Nadal wasn't around. Gives no credit to Murray whatsoever.

If we actually recount the facts, Nadal was the first of the other big three that Murray beat in a Slam (twice), and Murray wiped the floor with him in their last encounter (Tokyo 2011). Murray's game has only improved since then, quite dramatically, and comments like, "Could Murray have claimed that much hardware with a healthy Nadal playing in those tournaments?  It's impossible to say, but history suggests no.", and "Murray has reached the finals of each Slam since Nadal went out.  Coincidence?  Highly doubtful" are incredibly ignorant and totally disrespectful. Before the USO Murray had never beaten either Djokovic or Federer in a Slam - which he has now done in successive slams. Absolutely nothing to say he wouldn't have ended his recent run against Rafa as well.

Of course let's ignore than Nadal also 'owns' Federer too, and 'owned' Djokovic until his noticeable improvements in 2011 and just attribute Murray's improvements completely to Nadal being injured.
[ Last edit by TheMadHatter February 03, 2013, 03:21 PM ] IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Rafael Nadal « Reply #2983 on: February 03, 2013, 04:13 PM »

How would you like to face this across the net? - And that's only him training!  I don't know when the pic was taken though.

That is scary! Also, why do I look at that pic and start thinking of the Klingons from Star Trek? Nothing personal, but it came immediately to mind.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Rafael Nadal « Reply #2984 on: February 03, 2013, 04:20 PM »

I did laugh it off, but he didn't.  I used to get comments like "I hope I'm not involved in an accident" ... as if anyone would care then what colour his underwear was! lol

This is probably in the realms of too much information, but when we were kids our Mum used to insist that our underwear was the same colour (i.e. the girls wearing a black bra and white knickers was a no-no) in case we went out and got hit by a bus. It was always a mystery to me as to who the hell would care what colour knickers I was wearing if I'd just got hit by a bus, but there we are lol.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 196 197 198 [199] 200 201 202 ... 231 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »