Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  Rafael Nadal 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 198 199 200 [201] 202 203 204 ... 231 Go Down Reply
Author

Rafael Nadal

(Read 103183 times)
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Rafael Nadal « Reply #3000 on: February 06, 2013, 03:23 AM »

Rafa and Monaco's doubles match starts at 9pm GMT tonight. I thought it was being streamed but can't find any links for it on livescorehunter.

Edit: Rafa's on court right now, in the second set of the doubles - there's livestream links here if anyone's interested in watching him:
http://www.streamhunter.eu/tennis-live-streaming-video.html
Damn!  I looked at LHS yesterday morning and couldn't see it.  Oh well the singles should be hopefully be good.  I'd hate to be Rafa though because he knows the critical eyes of the tennis world will be on him.
IP Logged
ABF
Challenger Level

Re: Rafael Nadal « Reply #3001 on: February 06, 2013, 04:53 AM »

I watched the second set - he looked good to me! He seemed to be moving fine and was hitting his forehand very well. Hard to judge though with it being doubles - tomorrow will be the real test. Hope it goes well for him.

I thought Nadal's movement was poor in this match....but he still has the best forehand in tennis and showed he still has that in his locker.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: Rafael Nadal « Reply #3002 on: February 06, 2013, 08:21 AM »

Watched highlights courtesy of FedererKoora. (NOTE: I'll post highlights of all Rafa's Vina Del Mar matches on my YouTube channel.) Rafa was sliding like mad I thought and this shows he still has the confidence to go big on clay. His form in my opinion is still in judgement. I think we will see the true on form OR not Rafa tonight vs Delbonis.  
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Rafael Nadal « Reply #3003 on: February 06, 2013, 11:32 AM »

There's not really anyone in VDM to challenge Nadal though, bar maybe Chardy or Monaco. It will be hard to gauge his level until he faces a few top 10 players. Unless of course he's awful and struggles even against the likes of Delbonis, but I can't see that being the case.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Rafael Nadal « Reply #3004 on: February 06, 2013, 12:11 PM »

It's a pain that Nadal is playing around 9pm this evening again UK time. It's totally the wrong time for me. I'd would have liked to have seen some of it at least. Oh well.

TMH, I was saying more or less what you've said to someone a bit earlier on. I'm not sure VDM will show how Nadal is playing really, unless his movement is awful to the point that he really can't play. It seems to me that most of the field, with all due respect, would be intimidated just by the fact that it is Nadal over the other side of the net to be honest, which I think will be enough to get him a couple of wins at VDM.

I suppose there is some logic in testing the knee out and seeing how it responds to playing a few matches, but even then you surely have to wonder if it really will prove anything for sure. I mean, most of the field will surely not be able to get Rafa moving in the way that players in the top ten, and certainly the top three, would.

I was reading something this morning that said Rafa got annoyed with people in his presser going on about his knees. I take his point, he is trying to get on with it and come back. The trouble is that people want to know, so they are bound to ask questions.
IP Logged
ABF
Challenger Level

Re: Rafael Nadal « Reply #3005 on: February 06, 2013, 01:38 PM »

It's a pain that Nadal is playing around 9pm this evening again UK time. It's totally the wrong time for me. I'd would have liked to have seen some of it at least. Oh well.

TMH, I was saying more or less what you've said to someone a bit earlier on. I'm not sure VDM will show how Nadal is playing really, unless his movement is awful to the point that he really can't play. It seems to me that most of the field, with all due respect, would be intimidated just by the fact that it is Nadal over the other side of the net to be honest, which I think will be enough to get him a couple of wins at VDM.

I suppose there is some logic in testing the knee out and seeing how it responds to playing a few matches, but even then you surely have to wonder if it really will prove anything for sure. I mean, most of the field will surely not be able to get Rafa moving in the way that players in the top ten, and certainly the top three, would.

I was reading something this morning that said Rafa got annoyed with people in his presser going on about his knees. I take his point, he is trying to get on with it and come back. The trouble is that people want to know, so they are bound to ask questions.

He surely can't expect press and public not to ask questions about his knees. It has kept him out of the game for a lengthy period ...prior to which he was at the pinnacle of the sport. Annoyed , more likely, becoz it is a very sensitive issue in his mind....and he is trying to cover over his own doubts.

its all very well playing players who wouldnt have a scoobies chance against him anyway....but the test will be ...not only playing a top 20 player....but the level  Djoko and Murray play now they will have him running all over the courts....from what I saw the other day Rafa has a lot of improvements to make. Will be interesting how he reacts to defeat...not so much how he reacts to playing ..frankly..predictably easy opponents. Also...in the doubles match...did anyone else feel that the opponents didnt strike the ball often at Nadal? it looked like they didnt want to be the player who screwed his knees again.
[ Last edit by ABF February 06, 2013, 01:43 PM ] IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: Rafael Nadal « Reply #3006 on: February 06, 2013, 09:00 PM »

Nadal vs Delbonis about to start!
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: Rafael Nadal « Reply #3007 on: February 06, 2013, 09:19 PM »

Rafa broken first game. Think
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Rafael Nadal « Reply #3008 on: February 06, 2013, 09:28 PM »

Is it televised? I assume not.

Otherwise, anyone got a link?

Edit: Found one. If anyone's looking for one:

http://www.viplivesports.eu/tennis/133167/1/nadal-vs-delbonis-(atp-vina-del-mar)-live-stream-online.html

No doubt better ones out there, but that's the first one I came across. Foreign commentary unfortunately.

Trademark topspin pass down the line for a third break point, but Delbonis saves again. Eventually breaks at the 4th opportunity.
[ Last edit by TheMadHatter February 06, 2013, 09:33 PM ] IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Rafael Nadal « Reply #3009 on: February 06, 2013, 09:41 PM »

Rafa definitely not pushing the legs as much, not moved off the baseline since I started watching
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Rafael Nadal « Reply #3010 on: February 06, 2013, 10:18 PM »

Delbonis started ok but now he's retreated into his cage and is just trying to rally from the baseline. Never going to work. Nadal rolling all over him now.
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: Rafael Nadal « Reply #3011 on: February 06, 2013, 10:24 PM »

Hand picked.
IP Logged
ABF
Challenger Level

Re: Rafael Nadal « Reply #3012 on: February 06, 2013, 10:50 PM »

again....ok performance ...but against a poor player...not tested at all. His movement was better than in his doubles match though.
Can tell he has done some extra muscle building during time off ...looks a little bigger than before injury...either that or pie stands in Mallorca are missing him.
I just think he's in for much tougher matches from Andy and Djoko...they both have gone up a level or 2 since they last met...i think he's in for a surprise assuming he even gets to that stage of his comeback.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Rafael Nadal « Reply #3013 on: February 07, 2013, 01:28 AM »

Is it televised? I assume not.

Otherwise, anyone got a link?

Edit: Found one. If anyone's looking for one:

http://www.viplivesports.eu/tennis/133167/1/nadal-vs-delbonis-(atp-vina-del-mar)-live-stream-online.html

No doubt better ones out there, but that's the first one I came across. Foreign commentary unfortunately.
I got a link on LiveScoreHunter - http://www.streamhunter.eu/tennis-live-streaming-video.html   There were nine to choose from but I think all had Spanish commentaries, not that that troubles me although I'd have been quite interested to hear the comms' take on the match.

again....ok performance ...but against a poor player...not tested at all. His movement was better than in his doubles match though.
Can tell he has done some extra muscle building during time off ...looks a little bigger than before injury...either that or pie stands in Mallorca are missing him.
I just think he's in for much tougher matches from Andy and Djoko...they both have gone up a level or 2 since they last met...i think he's in for a surprise assuming he even gets to that stage of his comeback.
I only watched the first set, but all I can say is that I'm very glad he pulled out of Abu Dhabi.  From what I saw it was a pretty average performance by his standards, although that was only to be expected after such a long lay-off, but even so I felt a bit sorry for sacrificial lamb Delbonis, who was clearly out of his depth.  If you read the report on the ATP website though you'd think Nadal had secured a great victory but I suppose they can't do much else.

I didn't notice the extra muscle, but the bum grabbing is still there. Rolling Eyes

Doubles later today, again at 9 pm GMT.

[ Last edit by Aileen February 07, 2013, 01:36 AM ] IP Logged
ABF
Challenger Level

Re: Rafael Nadal « Reply #3014 on: February 07, 2013, 02:26 AM »

Quote from: Aileen link=topic=1110.msg839287#msg839287 date=1360200521

I didn't notice the extra muscle, but the bum grabbing is still there. Rolling Eyes

[/quote

yeah still picking his underwear out his ass****..... dunno if id wanna shake his hand at the end of the match....would be a dilemna..Smile
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 198 199 200 [201] 202 203 204 ... 231 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »