Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  Rafael Nadal 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 200 201 202 [203] 204 205 206 ... 231 Go Down Reply
Author

Rafael Nadal

(Read 99904 times)
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Rafael Nadal « Reply #3030 on: February 09, 2013, 11:07 PM »

Monaco is out.
Yes, I know.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Rafael Nadal « Reply #3031 on: February 09, 2013, 11:27 PM »

Its now saying 1 am on my tennis app for start time.
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: Rafael Nadal « Reply #3032 on: February 09, 2013, 11:41 PM »

Anybody seen a stream then?

Also does anybody know what's happened to livescorehunter?

Edit: wait, I see a link on vipbox. Don't know if it will come up with anything or not though.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Rafael Nadal « Reply #3033 on: February 09, 2013, 11:53 PM »

Nadal.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Rafael Nadal « Reply #3034 on: February 10, 2013, 03:07 AM »

I didn't watch the match but from the score it seems a pretty emphatic win against Chardy.

Playing Horacio Zeballos in the final at 9 pm GMT, but I guess the trophy is Nadal's for the taking.

[ Last edit by Aileen February 10, 2013, 07:25 PM ] IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Rafael Nadal « Reply #3035 on: February 10, 2013, 03:12 AM »

Chardy was horrible.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Re: Rafael Nadal « Reply #3036 on: February 10, 2013, 10:36 AM »

Nadal eases into Chile Open final
Updated 48 minutes ago

Rafael Nadal continued his return from injury by reaching the final of the Chile Open with a 6-2 6-2 win over Frenchman Jeremy Chardy.

The 26-year-old former world number one, sidelined for seven months by knee trouble, needed only 64 minutes to dispatch third seed Chardy.

In the final of the clay court event in Vina del Mar, he will play world number 73 Horacio Zeballos.

The Argentine beat compatriot Carlos Berlocq, seeded eight, 6-3, 7-6 (7-4).

Nadal, who had beaten fellow Spaniard Daniel Gimeno-Traver 6-1 6-4 to reach the semi-finals, took the first set in little more than half an hour against Chardy, moving his opponent wide with a deep ball to the corner then blasting an overhead winner into the open court.

He broke to love in the third game of the second set, then saved three break points in the sixth game on the one occasion he was put under pressure.

"I played well today, better than the days before, which is important," Nadal said. "I won't compare myself to seven months ago - it's just the first week of competition. It's a great feeling to be in a final match after so much time without playing.

"Tomorrow, it will be a tough match against Horacio, who is playing great tennis. I hope to keep enjoying myself like I've been doing during this tournament and that my physical condition remains good."

Zeballos has beaten three seeded opponents en route to his second ATP final, having previously finished runner-up in St Petersburg in 2009.

Nadal and Zeballos have met once, Nadal winning in straight sets at Roland Garros in 2010, one of the seven French Open titles among his 11 Grand Slam triumphs.

Nadal is playing in his first tournament since a shock second-round exit at Wimbledon to Czech journeyman Lukas Rosol in June.

A torn tendon and inflammation in his left knee kept him out of the London Olympics and the 2012 US Open, while a virus delayed his intended return at the Australian Open last month.

The Spaniard plans to compete on clay in Brazil and Mexico before playing ATP Masters hard-court events at Indian Wells and Miami and then heading to Europe for clay events in Monte Carlo, Barcelona and Rome culminating in the defence of his French Open title.

BBC © 2013
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Re: Rafael Nadal « Reply #3037 on: February 10, 2013, 10:45 AM »

Highlights of rafas match

IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Rafael Nadal « Reply #3038 on: February 10, 2013, 01:21 PM »

What a tournament from Zeballos. Been floating around 100 for ages.
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: Rafael Nadal « Reply #3039 on: February 10, 2013, 02:13 PM »

The Vina Del Mar final is being shown on Sky Sports 3 tonight (on the red button).
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Rafael Nadal « Reply #3040 on: February 10, 2013, 03:15 PM »

I watched the match last night to get a feeling about Nadal. It was not a pretty match. Chardy never once believed he could outrally Nadal so he went for his shots instead and for the most part, he came up really short. I thought he'd be a bit more patient in the 2nd set and had 3 break point chances in a row as well, but again made the same mistake at 15-40. Could have had the break back right there but ended up hitting a very wild forehand giving the point away to Nadal. Anyway, I don't think this would have made any differences to the overall outcome anyway. Nadal wasn't serving well neither was he returning well, and yet all throughout the match, he was in firm control. And that's mainly because of Chardy's abysmal performance who had no belief going into the match.

Anyway, it wasn't a very good match to judge Nadal's return by any means but it's a very good start for him nonetheless. I don't think he needs to do a whole lot here given the size of the tournament and the weak field.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Rafael Nadal « Reply #3041 on: February 10, 2013, 04:47 PM »

The Vina Del Mar final is being shown on Sky Sports 3 tonight (on the red button).
what time katie?
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: Rafael Nadal « Reply #3042 on: February 10, 2013, 04:51 PM »

what time katie?

Sorry Ruthie, totally forgot to put the time in my post! It's on at 9pm GMT. Smile
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Rafael Nadal « Reply #3043 on: February 10, 2013, 04:56 PM »

thanks Katie - might try and watch though I don't suppose it will be much of a match.  Nice for Rafa that he's been able to ease his way back with little real opposition
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Rafael Nadal « Reply #3044 on: February 10, 2013, 07:21 PM »

Anyway, it wasn't a very good match to judge Nadal's return by any means but it's a very good start for him nonetheless. I don't think he needs to do a whole lot here given the size of the tournament and the weak field.
Nadal's going to have tougher opposition in Brazil, which starts tomorrow, so we should get a better idea of where he is.  This has been an easy practice tournament so far, although I would have expected more from Chardy.  Hopefully Zeballos will provide it, even although I expect a Nadal win.

LiveScoreHunter is scheduled to show the match at 9 pm - http://www.streamhunter.eu/tennis-live-streaming-video.html
[ Last edit by Aileen February 10, 2013, 07:24 PM ] IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 200 201 202 [203] 204 205 206 ... 231 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »