Home Login Register
MurraysWorld  >  Tennis Talk  >  Rafael Nadal
Pages: 1 ... 215 216 217 [218] 219 220 221 ... 231 Reply

Rafael Nadal

Isn't having much luck vs players wearing Fila. Zeballos, now Berlocq.
IP Logged

And I keep losing my internet connection ... grr
IP Logged

Berlocq takes the set 6-3.
IP Logged

Rafa has been reduced to ****. He should be back in form now. Laughable.
IP Logged

Rafa has been reduced to sh*t. He should be back in form now. Laughable.
Give him a break Connor - after all he's been out for 8 months and this is only his second tournament.  Also he's playing better than he was against Souza.  
[ Last edit by Aileen February 16, 2013, 12:22 AM ] IP Logged

Give him a break Connor - after all he's been out for 8 months and this is only his second tournament.  Also he's playing a lot better than he was against Souza.

I know Aileen, but surely last week should have warmed him up. Getting to the final and all.
IP Logged

I would expect it to be a long process. Just look how long it took for Andy to regain his confidence after badly hurting his wrist a few years back.
IP Logged

I would expect it to be a long process. Just look how long it took for Andy to regain his confidence after hurting his wrist a few years back.
Indeed.

I know Aileen, but surely last week should have warmed him up. Getting to the final and all.
Getting to the final of a 250 and then losing it will have done nothing for Nadal's confidence.  Also Delpo was out for a year and it took him another year to get back to anywhere near his best.
[ Last edit by Aileen February 15, 2013, 11:18 PM ] IP Logged

6-4 Nadal.  Encouraging signs of the old brilliance there, and he's moving well round the court too.
IP Logged

Nadal is broken.
IP Logged

He could still come back though.
IP Logged

And Nadal breaks.  3-3.

Holds serve to love.  4-3.

Breaks Berlocq again.  4-4.

[ Last edit by Aileen February 16, 2013, 12:30 AM ] IP Logged

6-4.  Nadal should be quite pleased with that performance.  Berlocq pushed him all the way.

Argentina's Martin Alund up next after Bolelli vs Nalbandian match which starts at 6 pm GMT.
[ Last edit by Aileen February 16, 2013, 12:55 AM ] IP Logged

Sounds like it was a good match, I'll try and see a replay if I can. Pleased that Rafa won - he needs match wins to get his confidence back.
IP Logged

I didn't watch the Alund match but from an ATP report it seems that Nadal was again pushed, losing the second set on a TB before rallying to take the third 6-1.

Can he now go on to beat Nalbandian?   Nadal has won their last four matches but on his current form I fear that he'll struggle in this one.  Unfortunately if he loses a second consecutive final it won't do much for his confidence, so fingers crossed.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 215 216 217 [218] 219 220 221 ... 231 Reply